“EdnChristine” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1325 S. Hurstbourne Parkway 40222, Louisville, KY (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #61 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“EdnChristine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had a great time at this hotel. The rooms were clean and bright, staff were more than helpful, and the food was excellent. We found the hotel to be comfortable and we felt safe. We would stay again and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Let the staff know your preferences when booking a room, and the hotel does an excellent job of prov...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
David H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you EdnChristine for your recent review of our hotel. We are so happy you chose to stay with us and we can't wait to see you again soon.

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend while visiting family in the area. I really enjoyed my stay. The bed was comfy, the room was clean, and I felt safe. I was also surprised by how big the tv was in my room. It was nice to unwind before falling asleep. The check in was easy and pleasant and the check out was just as nice. When I'm in the area again I'll definitely stay again!!! Thanks!!

• Stayed August 2013
David H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you "Tina C" for sharing your great experience with us and your fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It means a lot to our staff to see that their hard work is recognized. We also hope that we'll have the opportunity to host you again in the near future. All the best to you.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend in Louisville. The hotel is out of date, the rooms don't feel very clean. The whole vibe of the Lobby and Restaurant is that the Hotel seriously needs to be remodeled. The staff was friendly and courteous but I wouldn't stay there again. I stayed at this exact hotel maybe 6 years prior and everything seems exactly as it was.

Room Tip: My suggestion to choose a good room, would be to pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time "Rae46219" to share your feedback with us and your fellow travellers. While we are sincerely grateful for your recognition of our staff and service, we also respect your perceptions about some physical aspects of our hotel. We continually strive to maintain our hotel in a clean and comfortable fashion and in providing a good value for the money. We will utilize your feedback when formulating the future renovation. We wish you the best of travels.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because my husband had stayed here pretty regularly a few years ago. Apparently, it has declined in a massive way over the last couple of years. The lobby and bar area appeared nice though so I let go of my initial assumption that it was sketchy. Big mistake! The first room we were given was a good size and the bedroom while obviously dated appeared acceptably clean. The bathroom was another story. The shower had some pretty nasty mold, the carpet at the transition was pulled back, and there was a pill on the floor. I'm freakish about cleanliness and I couldn't do it. Its one thing to be dated, its another to be dirty. We asked to be switched and offered to pay more for a renovated room. We were told they were all done at the same time and it didn't matter because those rooms weren't available. My husband swears the rooms on higher floors are nicer. The second room was right next door. Thankfully, it was mold free. A little mildew in the grout but nothing horrible. Unfortunately, there was hair everywhere - on the counters, floor, and tub. I gave up and just cleaned it myself. Had I been alone I would have left. They did comp us breakfast which was nice. The food was underwhelming but did the job and it was free. Overall, I was more than a little disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you "TNCathy" for letting us know about your recent stay. We are obviously disappointed to read of your observations and normally pride ourselves in providing consistently clean and comfortable accomodations. We are constantly monitoring the quality of cleanliness in our guestrooms and we are confident that this has been fully addressed this since you brought this to our attention. Thank you again and we wish you the best of travels.
Forest City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We booked this room and confirmed a room with two beds as we were traveling with our two children. We arrived at the hotel and was told that our room that we had reserved was not available because housekeeping had not cleaned it. My wife and I both had just had eye surgery and advised the clerk that we needed a room with two beds. He said all he had was a room with a king bed and a pull out sofa sleeper. So we had no choice except to take this room. We get to the room and the sofa bed mattress had blood stains on it. I called the front desk and was told that no other room was available. So we all 4 pile into the king bed for a miserable nights sleep.

At breakfast the young lady who was the waitress was great. She was african american and I am sorry but I did not get her name. The only bright point of this stay was her great service. At check out the lady did not speak except to say "you are free to go" after seeing that we did not owe any money. I asked her if she was going to ask how our stay was? She then asked how it was. I explained the bloody mattress and lack of a room with two beds. She says "sorry, we will do better next time." Does this hotel really think that there will be a next time? This hotel has a total disregard for the guests comfort.

I would never stay at this property again and strongly advise any member of Tripadvisor to never stay here. I understand that sometimes problems can arise but hotels usually do a good job of fixing problems. This hotel showed a complete and total lack of regard for our family.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We always respect travelers who take the time and effort to share feedback. For the benefit of all TripAdvisor travelers, we urge any travelers who have unresolved issues to contact a member of management while they are still in the hotel, as most issues can be resolved. Due to the anonymous nature of reviewers we cannot verify any reservation related information provided nor conduct the proper research to determine if and when we failed to execute our duties to our guests, particularly if we can't find a record of specifics mentioned in the review. We're not perfect, but we want to do our very best to meet guests' expectations. Thank you!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Spent 7 days for an international meeting onsite. Staff were absolutely WONDERFUL -- friendly, professional, flexible, creative problem-solvers, positive attitude, quick to respond to questions/needs, very kind and helpful in every way! Felt very much at home there. Executive Chef Robert provides marvelous banquets. I would readily return to Holiday Inn Hurstbourne in the future!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you "SongBlue" for taking the time and effort to recognize our staff. We are very honored when one of our guests highlights these wonderful people who help make our hotel a home away from home for many travelers. And thank you in particular for recognizing our Executive Chef, Robert Coston and his team. Chef Robert has great culinary talent and he can also be a big teddy bear with our guests. Thank you again and we wish you the best of memorable travels.
Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel is everything and more, just off the Interstate it was quiet and easy to get to. The hotel itself is roomy, with their own wet bar and a wonderful restaurant. The staff were seconded to none and if you ant close to a restaurant then IHOP is right next door.

Room Tip: I believe that every room would be a great room here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
David H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you "Kevin" for your wonderful critique of our property and staff. It is always wonderful for our team to read such flattering remarks about our staff and efforts to provide a memorable experience for our guests. We thank you again and hope to see you when your travels take you back down to Louisville from Canada.

Been to Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne? Share your experiences!