“Great Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Bloomington, Illinois
“Great Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked a king bed non-smoking room less than a week before the National Farm Machinery Show. I was a little leery after reading some of the reviews on tripadvisor, however I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and everything was in working order, though we did have a very squeaky furnace fan. The first night we were given 2 full size towels for 2 adults, but the intuitive housekeeping staff left us 3 full size towels for the second night of our stay. I didn't have to call the front desk and request it at all.

The hotel bar was clean, well stocked and our bar tender was friendly. The hotel restaurant was our choice for breakfast one morning and the food was well portioned and the staff was courteous and let us know in advance that they were out of regular maple syrup. My pancakes were not completely cooked but we were there very close to closing time before the lunch hour. The hotel chef had an emergency and had to close the kitchen early the night prior. The hotel staff put a notice in the elevators and let patrons know as they were coming and going through the lobby.

The hotel was close to the interstate and had several restaurants close by. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in Louisville or nearby. We were approximately 15 minutes from the Kentucky Exposition Center which was nice to not have to deal with an abundance to traffic to get the hotel, just get on the interstate and go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Rebecca S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you "Jackie H" for taking the time and effort to provide a very solid and detailed review of our staff and the hotel. It is always important to look at a large sampling of TripAdvisor reviews when using them to make a decision where to stay, and we're glad that our hotel exceeded your expectations. We also appreciate the constructive comments, as well as recogizing us for our location, cleanliness, and overall quality. Thank you again! David Hirsch - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Super staff and superb accomodations. I felt as if I were being treated "SPECIAL," although I knew that the staff treated all visitors the same. When ever I'm in Lousiville, I stay at this particular hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you "Elvin G" for sharing a short but sweet analysis of our hotel. Our staff puts great pride into making the guests feel like they have arrived at their home away from home in Louisville. The staff are our number 1 asset and your comments will be shared with them. Sincerely, David Hirsch, General Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We were exhausted from being on the road for over ten hours and just needed a place to stay. I called about an hour ahead thinking that it being a Holiday Inn that it must be a decent place to stay, but I was horribly wrong.
Upon our arrival, we were directed to behind the elevators. As soon as the elevator doors opened for us to get out, we were immediately appalled. We walked down a dingy lit hall, with worn wood doors. After a bit of struggle opening our door, we were greeted with dust bunnies in the corners, worn carpet, stained walls and curtains and a smell that consisted of old fried food and smoke. We should have ran, but were just too exhausted.
My son was just getting over bronchitis at this time, but after staying here his symptoms got severely worse. He coughed all night, due to the rotten old cigarette smoke. There were also a group of young people that left a trail of pot smoke through the whole hall.
Upon leaving this room, which ended up being very early in the morning due to our family just wanting to get as far away as possible, our whole family ended up with respiratory issues for our 10 hour drive home. I truly hope that Holiday Inn corporate finds out about this place and they with the city condemn it. It is truly a health hazard! Don't let the online pictures and lobby fool you either. Spend ten bucks more and stay elsewhere!

• Stayed December 2012
Rebecca S, Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I have reach out to the guest personally to find out what room her family stayed in. We have never had a review like this and I will definitely investigate these concerns to make sure our hotel is never percieved in this way.
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My organization used the Holiday Inn East for a Board Meeting and as host hotel for a workshop at UL Shelby Campus. The Board Members were very happy with the meeting room and food package. The staff that we worked with were very professional and courteous. This hotel was selected after touring other hotels in the area. The location was great, just off of I-64 with many restaurants and stores in the area. It was also convenient to the UL Shelby Campus with less than a five minute drive.

Our rooms were in the tower and were very nice. My room was clean and contained a refrigerator and microwave. The WIFI was fast and was free for guest. My room was very spacious and had a nice sitting area. The lobby area was large with many nice sitting areas. They had a nice free coffee area just off the restaurant. All of the sitting places made it nice for a large group to enjoy social time. We are looking forward to holding our meeting there again next year.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Tower are excellent.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for the great comments. We always like hearing great comments as it lifts the spirits of our staff to continue to make all guest happy and they will get great comments in return. Thank you for staying with us.
Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

It was a decent hotel. But the front desk is really slow and they make customers to wait for sometime before checkin.
Also, for Priority Club members, they won't give the priority packet unless we ask for. People at front desk needs to be improved a lot when comes to serving the customers.
I like the Winners resturant at this hotel. They are friendly and also facst in their service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear shri s,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the restaurant.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding the poor customer service provided by our staff. We will address this point. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

When I made my reservation, I looked on line at the rooms. On line the rooms looked very nice. However, when I checked in the room was not as nice at it looked on the internet. I was disappointed. I am not sure if I would ever stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cross Lanes, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for three nights while attending the National Quartet Convention. The location was great, the price was quite reasonable, the facility was very clean, the staff was wonderful, and the breakfast was not just cereal, juice, and coffee. It was a "sit-down" feast with "real" plates and silverware, and a fantastic selection of eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits, oatmeal, cereal, fresh fruit, and pastries. (I could go on and on!) If you are planning a trip to Louisville this hotel can't be beat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Scott R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Wayne,

Thank you for noticing we are a REAL hotel in both our service and amenities.
Please stay again next time you're in the area.

Regards,

Scott A Robinson
Hotel Manager
502-426-2600
srobinson@hihurstbourne.com

Been to Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne? Share your experiences!