“Great Location, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #64 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Mount Clemens, Michigan, United States
“Great Location, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just a quick trip to downtown Louisville for sightseeing and a quiet, clean place to stay. Begin by being greeted by a great front desk staff who will answer all your questions and get you to your room quickly. The room is clean. Had a slight issue with a ballast on the bathroom light, but maintenance was their shortly and fixed the problem. Their was a King Cavalier Charles spaniel show going in the hotel on at the same time and no issue with smell or sound. Kind of fun watching them strut their stuff. Breakfast at the bar was OK the first morning we were kind of late and the food tepid. The other morning were great ( got their a little sooner) ... hot waffles bacon eggs etc .. nice breakfast bar and free with the right rate. plan. Transportation to the local restaurants etc. is free and the staff kid a wonderful job getting us around. Parking is free and the area is very safe. The hotel is also situated where there are a lot of shopping and restaurant options, however we found the food at their restaurant to be really good ...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rebecca S, Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for the great review. I will share your comments with the rest of our staff to make sure your next stay is even better. Good reviews help us get closer to our goals. Thank you for staying with us hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I had a 5-day stay here. We were pleased with the hotel amemities, service, and food. Room was clean and spacious with Mimi Refrig and microwave along with coffee pot.

Although, breakfast was available only at their restaurant, food variety and quality was very good with reasonable cost. Additional, there were several nearby locations to meet personal food preference and budget.

Room Tip: Excelent location and facility if wanting to stay in a good area a few miles for downtown and traffi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review. We work hard to make this a great place to stay and it really helps when guest let us know when we are achieving our goals.
Little Elm, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed in a 6th-floor room in the tower. When we got off the elevator the hall smelled a little musty, but it had rained recently and it seemed as if maybe they didn't run the A/C as much outside the rooms upstairs. But everything after that point was wonderful. Our room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. We found the front desk and dining staff to be very friendly and helpful. The computer in the business center was quick, and the wireless connection in our room was very useful. With our AAA discount, we got a good rate for the six nights we were in town working and house hunting. And the location was perfect for everywhere we needed to go. We would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone else coming to Louisville.

Room Tip: We like the higher floors in the tower.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your great comments. I will be sure to print your survey and share it with our staff. I have also let the Director of Housekeeping know about the hallway so we can make sure we are on top of getting the AC turned up on rainy or muggy days. Thanks again and hope to see you in the future.
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I'm a frequent, business traveler and stayed here on business. The hotel is nice and it has a great "Wow" factor when you go into the lobby. I was recognized as a Priority Club member at the front desk.
The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the wireless internet worked well.
I reserved and was placed in a non-smoking room, which was on the second floor. Unfortunately, smoke from outside and below found it's way into my room continuously throughout the night. It was awful. And I mean awful.
The next morning, I spoke to the front desk personnel about it. They were pleasant and apologetic, while at the same time taking a stance that it should not have been possible. Even though I politely stressed that it did happen ALL night, pointing out that they have an ashtray located adjacent to a service door just below the room where I was located. I feel they missed a good PR opportunity, as they could have offered something like a complimentary breakfast for damage control. But they didn't, and I'll never stay there again, nor recommend others to stay there. Unless you're a smoker, then you won't mind it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Louisville East for your accommodations. In our business we rely on good customers and high quality standards to keep our hotel doing well.

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your experience with us. We do everything possible to try and prevent problems from occurring. We have failed by not making sure your stay at our hotel was at the quality standards that you, our good customer expect and deserve while staying with us.
We only have 12 smoking rooms in the hotel but we need to assure our non smoking guest are aware if they are anywhere near these few room.

Again I truly apologize for the less than perfect service you received. I would like to invite you back to our hotel in the future to give us another chance to show you why we believe our hotel is a great hotel guest love.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Ok I do not normally write reviews or let alone complain but my experience at this hotel was terrible!!!! We were given a room on the second floor in the main building and found two roaches behind the refrigerator so we killed them and continued putting my kids to bed. Later on my husband went to the bathroom and found three more, we turned on the lite and there were at least eight more on the wall and behind the refrigerator. So my husband called and they gave us a new room on the first floor. So at 11pm at night my kids are asleep and we are moving to a new room, nice! Checked the room thoroughly no roaches however the next morning my husband was laying in bed and a roach was coming out if the phone socket!! Gross! So again we were moved the to a new room in the tower on the second floor, the staff was apologetic but still doesn't fix the inconvenience! The next room the phone didn't work so if you needed to call house keeping or the front desk, forget it!! That room was ok for a few days but guess what another roach friend decided to visit!! So all in all if you want to sleep with roaches this is the place for you!! Get your act together holiday inn!!

• Stayed July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Hsn32,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I love this Hotel !! The staff was great and the Big Charles at The Front Desk took good care of me and YES I will be Back guys!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

A few of these reviews had me nervous about my one-night stay at the Hurstbourne Holiday Inn. Perhaps I just got lucky, but I thought it was a fine hotel for business travel. Check-in was quick. My room on the interior 2nd floor was a little dated, but clean. The bathroom was clean. The hotel bar was nice. And the billing was all fine. Perhaps your stay might be less-than-ideal in one of the outdoor rooms, but overall, this is a good hotel for the money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business