“Louisville Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #51 of 98 Hotels in Louisville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

The room was very good and clean.... The hotel staff was very courteous...the price was right.... Parking was nice... And it's just a 2 block walk to 4 th Street. Definitely coming back. The internet was fast... I hate to write a review about it because it might become to popular....

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review of our Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon! We know you have lots of choices as to where you stay and we are glad you stayed with us here at the Econo Lodge Downtown...

Grand Rapids, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

First the good: The location and price are excellent. It’s within walking distance of the action on 4th Street. The woman at the front desk was very nice. It was quiet at night and we slept so well that we completely missed the continental breakfast.

The not-so-good: The property is run down, plain and simple. While the outside looks ok, the room interiors are in need of a lot of work. In addition to being worn and dated, some outlets dangle or are loose in the walls and some don’t work (I was so relieved when we woke up and the place hadn’t burned down!). There was a significant amount of mold on the bathroom ceiling, and parts of it looked like they could cave in at any moment. For the price we paid, I knew not to expect perfection, but based on the reviews, I expected a lot better.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out to share your observations regarding your stay, I deeply apologize for the problems you encountered at our hotel, We take pride on having very high guest satisfaction scores, I am disappointed you did not receive this level of service. Please give us another chance to remedy your stay with us.
Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Very conveniant to the convention center, "efficient" check in, not overly friendly but didn't mess around getting me checked in. Room is nice, came with fridge and microwave. It has your standard continental breakfast, muffins and coffee, juice but is located close to a lot of eateries.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We sincerely thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We know your time and money is valuable and are pleased to know that you were happy and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again and promise to improve our service and make your stay even better.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Remember, this is a 2-star hotel, if that. So it should be graded as such. They're not trying to be anything above that.

All that being said, I would choose to stay here again based on the very cheap price relative to all the other hotels in this convention center area. I wouldn't stay here for romance or a family vacation, but for me with a friend at a conference it was just fine for the price and convenience.

Front desk staff was friendly and helpful at check in. Very good service.

Room was as expected for a motel. A little on the dated, musty side, but it was fine. There was a cigarette hole in my comforter which was gross. Mostly clean overall.

Bathroom soaps and shampoos were tiny, but we were given many more upon request. Shower water pressure was good, but water did stand in the tub during shower.

There is coffee in the room, as well as 24 hours in the lobby.

TV was flat panel, although immovable. Beds were small, but I slept well.

Very little noise. Comfortable temperatures in room. A/C units were not overly noisy.

You pay $5 a day for parking, which is a steal compared to anywhere else around.

The breakfast was very basic. Continental. But it filled me up until lunch each morning.

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay for super cheap but still within walking distance of the Yum Center and Convention Center.

A solid offering for a motel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear mpugh22,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience for your recent stay with us. I am glad that everything worked out great during your stay. Please be assure that small issues that you have mentioned has been addressed. I am glad that you had a great time in Louisville. Please stay with us again in the future!
Kansas City, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I was concerned when I read other reviews. However, I needed to be close to the convention center and I was pleasantly surprised with the room and the very helpful staff. Plenty of time to talk and share advice on where to go. Room was clean and very quiet. I would stay here anytime.

Room Tip: Easy two block walk to 4th street restaurants. Felt safe in walking all around down town. Staff...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Debbie,

Thanks a ton for the review for your recent stay with us. I am glad that you loved the location of the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your experience with my staff and I am sure they will be happy to know that they are doing great job. We are looking forward to see you in the future!

Owingsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Not fancy but clean, safe and handy to downtown.
I had fridge, microwave and nice big bed each time I have stayed.
Great value during the week but pretty much doubles on weekend nights :-(
Pizza restaurant in same parking lot for convenient good grab.
You have to pay desperate for parking. $5 for 1 vehicle, $10 for a second 1.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Sharie,

Thank you very much for the review. I am glad that everything worked great with your stay, and please let us know there is anything we can do better to make your stay better. Once again thanks a lot and looking forward to see you in the future!

Pete Patel

Been to Econo Lodge Downtown? Share your experiences!