“Clean,safe and convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Owingsville
“Clean,safe and convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Not fancy but clean, safe and handy to downtown.
I had fridge, microwave and nice big bed each time I have stayed.
Great value during the week but pretty much doubles on weekend nights :-(
Pizza restaurant in same parking lot for convenient good grab.
You have to pay desperate for parking. $5 for 1 vehicle, $10 for a second 1.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Sharie,

Thank you very much for the review. I am glad that everything worked great with your stay, and please let us know there is anything we can do better to make your stay better. Once again thanks a lot and looking forward to see you in the future!

Pete Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Huntingburg, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I needed a place to come back to after a night out with friends on 4th St. I'm glad that was that all I needed because this place was definitely nothing to rave about. Honestly, my only serious complaints are that my non-smoking room smelled like smoke and the hotel does not provide conditioner. I didn't realize that I had forgotten my shampoo and conditioner until the next morning so I called down to the front desk and asked for some. The clerk seemed a little confused by my request but said they would work on it. I assumed that they would have housekeeping drop some off at my door so I waited about a half hour but finally gave up and took a shower without it. When I went to check out, I told the clerk that they could cancel my request and that's when he informed me that they don't carry conditioner. Seriously?!?

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Erica,

Thanks a lot for reviewing your recent stay with us. I made a note of your concerns about conditioner and smoke smell in nonsmoking room. Please do accept my sincere apology and be assure that problems has been taken care of. I remember you as I personally met you during the check out. I have explained to my front desk agent about how to handle the situation on guests needs that we don't offer. Once again, I do apologize and please stay with us again during your next visit to Louisville.

Antioch, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The first room we checked into had stains on the sheet and had a musty smell. The second room the electrical outlet behind would spark when we move any of the cords. Finally, the third room worked. Hard to find a room for the weekend stay so it worked, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Antioch,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and I sincerely apologize for the maintenance and housekeeping related issues you encountered in your room. Our staff typically does a great job in providing a clean room. I will follow up with them on your comments from this visit. I hope that if your travels take you back to our area, you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you again. I'm sure that you would find that this last visit is not typical of our normal performance.

Sincerely

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed at Econo Lodge Downtown for two nights. I was traveling for business. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. Louisville was very busy when I was there, and the front desk did a good job of keeping the check in/checkout line moving.

Room Tip: If you don't want to climb stairs, you will need to ask for a room on the first floor. There are...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Leah,

Thanks a ton for sharing your experience for your recent stay with us. We are glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable during busy days. Please let us know there is anything we can do better to make your & our guests stay better. Should your travel plans bring you Louisville, please stay with us again!

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for luxury or even a good nights sleep then this probably isn't the hotel for you. Yes it has a great price especially compared to the other hotels in the area. It also has a great location within walking distance to 4th Street Live and many other local attractions. However, the rooms are musty smelling. It was actually pretty gross. The rooms are very basic, which we expected. The bed was not very comfortable. The worst part about the hotel was the parking lot. There's signs everywhere about parking at your own risk. It made it seem like they have had issues with damaged and stolen vehicles in the past. We made sure to park our car right under the lamp post and in perfect sight on the security camera (you can see the various areas in the security cams in the lobby) just in case something were to happen to our car. I got the feeling that it wasn't a very safe place to stay. Overall, we loved the location because we were so close to the nightlife, but in the future we will likely stay at another hotel despite the higher cost just so that we aren't worried about our safety or the potential of our vehicle being stolen or damaged.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Tomichekn,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent stay with us and I am glad that you loved the location of the hotel. For your concerns for the safety and security of the hotel, we never had any incident of car broken or stolen in past 7 years I have been as a General Manager. The sign you show is a requirement of the insurance company that my company carry. Also you will be glad to know that we are changing our beds and bedding end this year as it will be a part of our renovation. I made a note of musty smell in room and please be assure that problem will be taken care of so all my future guests won't have that problem in the future. Once again thank you for staying with us and please stay with us again.

Richmond, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at the downtown Econo Lodge on March 7, 2014. Excellent location as we were going to the YUM Center to see a concert. It was only about a 5 minute walk from the motel and to 4th Street Live. The motel was dated but very clean. Motel staff was friendly. Beds were comfortable. This motel met all our needs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Sas11560,

Thank you so much for the great review for your recent stay with us. I am glad that you loved the location and comfort and cleanliness of the room. Please visit us again!

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The city was booked solid so I reluctantly booked here. I had low expectations after a frustrating booking process, but I was determined to make it work because I had to attend a Convention.

I checked out after ten minutes. The room was putrid with stale tobacco smell, the bed linen was discoloured and the blanket was 1970's style with cigarette burns, you get the picture.

I am a reformed smoker, and could not have stayed in that room even when I was a smoker.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mickthered,

Thank you so much for the review and I do apologize for the inconvenience you may had during your visit. I looked into your reservation and found out that you had a smoking room reserved as we were super busy. I took a note about your concerns and will discuss to my staff for improvement. Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience you had!

Pete Patel

Been to Econo Lodge Downtown? Share your experiences!