“Friendly staff, convienent location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #51 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Friendly staff, convienent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed at Econo Lodge Downtown for two nights. I was traveling for business. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. Louisville was very busy when I was there, and the front desk did a good job of keeping the check in/checkout line moving.

Room Tip: If you don't want to climb stairs, you will need to ask for a room on the first floor. There are...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Leah,

Thanks a ton for sharing your experience for your recent stay with us. We are glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable during busy days. Please let us know there is anything we can do better to make your & our guests stay better. Should your travel plans bring you Louisville, please stay with us again!

Pete Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for luxury or even a good nights sleep then this probably isn't the hotel for you. Yes it has a great price especially compared to the other hotels in the area. It also has a great location within walking distance to 4th Street Live and many other local attractions. However, the rooms are musty smelling. It was actually pretty gross. The rooms are very basic, which we expected. The bed was not very comfortable. The worst part about the hotel was the parking lot. There's signs everywhere about parking at your own risk. It made it seem like they have had issues with damaged and stolen vehicles in the past. We made sure to park our car right under the lamp post and in perfect sight on the security camera (you can see the various areas in the security cams in the lobby) just in case something were to happen to our car. I got the feeling that it wasn't a very safe place to stay. Overall, we loved the location because we were so close to the nightlife, but in the future we will likely stay at another hotel despite the higher cost just so that we aren't worried about our safety or the potential of our vehicle being stolen or damaged.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Tomichekn,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent stay with us and I am glad that you loved the location of the hotel. For your concerns for the safety and security of the hotel, we never had any incident of car broken or stolen in past 7 years I have been as a General Manager. The sign you show is a requirement of the insurance company that my company carry. Also you will be glad to know that we are changing our beds and bedding end this year as it will be a part of our renovation. I made a note of musty smell in room and please be assure that problem will be taken care of so all my future guests won't have that problem in the future. Once again thank you for staying with us and please stay with us again.

Richmond, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at the downtown Econo Lodge on March 7, 2014. Excellent location as we were going to the YUM Center to see a concert. It was only about a 5 minute walk from the motel and to 4th Street Live. The motel was dated but very clean. Motel staff was friendly. Beds were comfortable. This motel met all our needs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Sas11560,

Thank you so much for the great review for your recent stay with us. I am glad that you loved the location and comfort and cleanliness of the room. Please visit us again!

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The city was booked solid so I reluctantly booked here. I had low expectations after a frustrating booking process, but I was determined to make it work because I had to attend a Convention.

I checked out after ten minutes. The room was putrid with stale tobacco smell, the bed linen was discoloured and the blanket was 1970's style with cigarette burns, you get the picture.

I am a reformed smoker, and could not have stayed in that room even when I was a smoker.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mickthered,

Thank you so much for the review and I do apologize for the inconvenience you may had during your visit. I looked into your reservation and found out that you had a smoking room reserved as we were super busy. I took a note about your concerns and will discuss to my staff for improvement. Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience you had!

Kingston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Hotel was adequate. No complaints. The rooms were worn down and could use renovating but were comfortable and clean nonetheless. Bathroom was extremely small. Breakfast had limited choices but was better than nothing. Hotel staff was friendly and welcoming...probably the best thing about this hotel. I would stay here again but only if trying to save money...it is the cheapest option for this part of town....don't expect a luxury hotel for the same price!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Kenneth,

Thanks a lot for reviewing our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your experience with my staff and I am sure that they will be happy to know that we are going great job. Once again thank you very much and stay with us again!
Saginaw, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Traveled to Louisville for a concert and was primarily concerned about a location close the Yum center to avoid driving and parking. This Hotel is very conveniently located to all the major downtown venues including 4th street live, easily within walking distance to everything. The Hotel is a little dated and rough in a few spots, but served Our needs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear gklittle500,

Thank you so much for the review and I am glad that you loved the location of the hotel. I made a note about your concerns about hotel condition and I will share with my staff. Once again thanks a lot for the review and please visit us again!
Louisville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were able to check in quickly - staff was not really friendly but not unfriendly either. Cigarrette hole in bedspread and we were in a non-smoking room. It was also either too hot or too cold - there was not a happy medium & when you turned the heat on it blew the curtains out - not an inconvenience just odd. Completely overpriced (we paid $185 for one night) but close to everything downtown and only $5 per car for parking.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Lesa,

Thank you so much for the review and I do apologize for any inconvenience you may had during your stay. I took a note about your concerns for hole in bed spread in nonsmoking room, heat temperature and room price. Just for your information, our average rates are from $79.00 to $99.00 per night but rate changes for the events like national farm show, truck show and KY Derby as they are high demand events. The rate you paid was still lowest rate in downtown for the weekend.
Once again I appreciate for the review and I am glad that you loved the location of the hotel as much as we love. Please visit us again in the future!

Been to Econo Lodge Downtown? Share your experiences!