“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Richmond, Indiana
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at the downtown Econo Lodge on March 7, 2014. Excellent location as we were going to the YUM Center to see a concert. It was only about a 5 minute walk from the motel and to 4th Street Live. The motel was dated but very clean. Motel staff was friendly. Beds were comfortable. This motel met all our needs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Sas11560,

Thank you so much for the great review for your recent stay with us. I am glad that you loved the location and comfort and cleanliness of the room. Please visit us again!

Pete Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The city was booked solid so I reluctantly booked here. I had low expectations after a frustrating booking process, but I was determined to make it work because I had to attend a Convention.

I checked out after ten minutes. The room was putrid with stale tobacco smell, the bed linen was discoloured and the blanket was 1970's style with cigarette burns, you get the picture.

I am a reformed smoker, and could not have stayed in that room even when I was a smoker.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mickthered,

Thank you so much for the review and I do apologize for the inconvenience you may had during your visit. I looked into your reservation and found out that you had a smoking room reserved as we were super busy. I took a note about your concerns and will discuss to my staff for improvement. Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience you had!

Pete Patel
Kingston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Hotel was adequate. No complaints. The rooms were worn down and could use renovating but were comfortable and clean nonetheless. Bathroom was extremely small. Breakfast had limited choices but was better than nothing. Hotel staff was friendly and welcoming...probably the best thing about this hotel. I would stay here again but only if trying to save money...it is the cheapest option for this part of town....don't expect a luxury hotel for the same price!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Kenneth,

Thanks a lot for reviewing our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your experience with my staff and I am sure that they will be happy to know that we are going great job. Once again thank you very much and stay with us again!
Saginaw, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Traveled to Louisville for a concert and was primarily concerned about a location close the Yum center to avoid driving and parking. This Hotel is very conveniently located to all the major downtown venues including 4th street live, easily within walking distance to everything. The Hotel is a little dated and rough in a few spots, but served Our needs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear gklittle500,

Thank you so much for the review and I am glad that you loved the location of the hotel. I made a note about your concerns about hotel condition and I will share with my staff. Once again thanks a lot for the review and please visit us again!
Louisville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were able to check in quickly - staff was not really friendly but not unfriendly either. Cigarrette hole in bedspread and we were in a non-smoking room. It was also either too hot or too cold - there was not a happy medium & when you turned the heat on it blew the curtains out - not an inconvenience just odd. Completely overpriced (we paid $185 for one night) but close to everything downtown and only $5 per car for parking.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Lesa,

Thank you so much for the review and I do apologize for any inconvenience you may had during your stay. I took a note about your concerns for hole in bed spread in nonsmoking room, heat temperature and room price. Just for your information, our average rates are from $79.00 to $99.00 per night but rate changes for the events like national farm show, truck show and KY Derby as they are high demand events. The rate you paid was still lowest rate in downtown for the weekend.
Once again I appreciate for the review and I am glad that you loved the location of the hotel as much as we love. Please visit us again in the future!
Boonville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Surprisingly clean, and affordable hotel for being in downtown Louisville. We checked in late and they waived the parking fee! They had a great military discount! Free Wifi, and the breakfast wasn't bad. No waffles :( LOL, The shower hot water lasted forever!! Awesome!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Angela,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to write such a great review of our property! I am happy to hear that you found your room to be comfortable and clean. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even better. We hope to see you again soon!
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We needed an inexpensive hotel, near downtown, for 2 nights. Booked non-smoking rooms, but were given rooms that had clearly been smoked in. Called the front desk and they were very good about changing our rooms. The rooms are very basic, but comfortable and very quiet. Free Wi-Fi and a decent breafast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for the great review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Once again thank you so much and please visit us again!

Been to Econo Lodge Downtown? Share your experiences!