“Great hotel to explore downtown Louisville” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #51 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Richmond, VA
“Great hotel to explore downtown Louisville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay downtown that wouldn't break the bank, and this hotel was perfect. Room was clean and came with a mini-fridge and microwave; a nice unexpected touch. We were within walking easy walking distance of 4th street live, market street, whiskey row, the river and the rest of downtown. If you wanted to drive, the $5 parking fee allowed in and out access, which was very convenient and the cheapest 24 hour rate I could find for the area. I wouldn't hesitate staying here again if we need to be downtown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pete P, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review of our hotel! We appreciate you staying with us very much! We see a lot of business and leisure travelers throughout the week, and it is always nice to hear that we are doing a good job of providing accommodations that are in a convenient location and amenities in the rooms to helping you get your work done. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even better. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Last August, husband and myself went to his class reunion and to visit with family in Louisville, Kentucky. We stayed at the Econo Lodge in downtown Louisville.

Pete Patel owns this hotel. The attendants were all nice, with exception of one who seemed so unhappy and did not want to talk much. The continental breakfast was fine. Location turned out to be good for what we were doing at the time. However, their rooms are stuffy with not much air circulation. I woke up the second day feeling like I was going to pass out because I could not get enough air. I opened the door and stepped outside and was OK within five minutes.

Also, if you stay at this Days Inn for more than a day or so, doing laundry quickly becomes a problem. The hotel has no guest laundry so they want to send you to this laundromat way over on 3rd and Ormsby. We were not about to go over there after dark to do laundry!

Fortunately my brother lives downtown at Kentucky Towers and helped us out and the hotel attendant next door at the Marriott Hotel got us a pass to the laundry. He could have gotten into some big time trouble for doing that, but his kindness was so much appreciated! We got our laundry done.

Also, this hotel is not quiet! It did not bother us to hear people all around us, but for some, this may not be OK. The way the hotel is constructed, the access is on the outside to the rooms so you can hear people going past your room all hours of the day and night.

Good place to stay for downtown Louisville, but have a plan to get your laundry done if you are staying any length of time and open the doors to the room often to air it out! Forgot to mention it...the beds are hard too...not too comfortable.

Room Tip: None of the rooms were more quiet because of the way the hotel is constructed. All the access to th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PeteP374, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to write a good review of our property! I am happy to hear that you found your room to be comfortable and clean. I do apologize for one of the attendant and about laundry facility. We hardly get request for laundry as we are not extended stay property, but I will share your concerns with owners. Thank you again, and I hope that you choose to stay with us next time you visit Louisville area in the future!.
Harrodsburg, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is the second year I have stayed at this hotel. It is perfectly located for the activities associated with the Kentucky Derby Festival mini/marathon that I run in. It's an older hotel but that's okay - it was clean and it's walking distance to all the race activities. Plan on being there again next April 2014.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
PeteP374, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear guest, thank you so much for such a great review. I am glad that you like our rooms and especially our location. I'll share your feedback with our staff and we all look forward to your return in the future.
Arlington, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Booked 4 nights and was shocked at how friendly and clean the hotel was. The location could not be more perfect for everything in downtown Louisville. It is a quick walk to the spaghetti factory and the convention center.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review of our hotel! We appreciate you staying with us very much! It is always nice to hear that we are doing a good job of providing accommodations that are in a convenient location. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even better. We hope to see you again soon!
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

It was clean, and comfy. There was a microwave and a fridge. It was in a great location. Just a few blocks from 4th Street Live, and from the YUM! Center. If you can't find a place to stay in Louisville because it is always sold out, just check this out...it is not bad.

Room Tip: If they don't have what you like when you book them (i.e, King Room), just request it when you g...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PeteP374, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thanks for choosing us as your place to stay. I'm glad that everything worked out so well for you, especially the location which in only blocks away from 4th Street Live and KFC Yum center. I'll be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even better. We hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and myself stayed here for the widespread panic show at the palace..was about 5 blocks away so we could walk..just a couple blocks away from 4th street area..even though it was downtown..location felt pretty safe..we had no problems walking back around 1 am. Rooms were basic but not dirty or gross..bed and pillows were actually really comfy. The outside looks like it might b iffy, but the room we stayed in was updated..so don't let the outside fool u. Good for a one or two nite stay if all ur needing it for is a place to sleep! We will def b back for future concerts!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review of our hotel! We appreciate you staying with us very much! We see a lot of leisure travelers throughout the week, and it is always nice to hear that we are doing a good job of providing accommodations that are in a convenient location and that are conducive to helping you get your work done. We are also doing exterior renovation of our hotel in the month of June 2013 and we will make outlook of hotel appealing for our hotel Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even better. We hope to see you again soon!
Etown, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here just to check it out and for a night out. We get military rates everywhere downtown, but this one was a steal for $58. We've stayed nearly everywhere else downtown, and it isn't as nice. But it's half the price. We knew we were only going to be there to sleep, and I had my better half drive by to check it out on his way to work one morning. It was clean. It was convenient. It is across the street from the Marriott, so it seemed completely safe. I (a female in my late 20s) walked from 4th st live back by myself at 1am and didn't think twice. I recommend it if you're looking for a cheap stay, especially if you're working on the urban bourbon trail. Lots of stops are walkable from here. The only complaints I have we're that there was a handle broken off of the entertainment center and an obvious hole from a cigarette in our blanket, although we were in a nonsmoking room. It wasn't a big deal to us though. We weren't using the dresser, and the blanket didn't smell and kept us warm. I'm not sure if I'll stay here again, but it is a great value for the location.

• Stayed January 2013
PeteP374, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to write such a good review of our property! I am happy to hear that you found your room to be comfortable and with reasonable price. I apologize about broken handle off of the entertainment center and an obvious hole from a cigarette in blanket. Please be assure that problem has been taken care of. I hope you will give us another opportunity to make amends in the future. Please contact me directly and I would be happy to handle your reservations personally.

Best Regards,

Pete Patel

Been to Econo Lodge Downtown? Share your experiences!