“Great hotel! Super clean, friendly service. Highly Recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kentucky
“Great hotel! Super clean, friendly service. Highly Recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

First of all...WONDERFUL HOTEL.

I travel long distances to get to school in Louisville and desided I would stay at the Comfort Inn to save me some travel time. I was impressed with this hotel. The service was great. Very friendly and helpful.

My room was very clean, bed was very comfortable, Breakfast was great. (FREE). Breakfast wasnt suppose to start untill around 6am but the friendly women at the front desk set up breakfast earlier so that I could enjoy it. ( I had to leave at 5:30 am )

Indoor pool and hottub was great. Open untill 10:00. Very clean. I like how you have to have a room key to get into the pool area. Made me feel safe.

Overall I am very happy with this hotel and will be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
S.W. MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

I chose to book this hotel based on the reviews I read here on Trip Advisor. I needed three rooms for a small group of cheerleaders and their families that came to Louisville for a weekend competition. We stayed two nights. The rooms were very nice. They were spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was spotless, and even though it was a bit small, it was more than adequate for our needs. At one point there were four teenaged girls doing makeup, hair and getting dressed for competition so we had enough room for that. My only concern about the room itself was that an air freshener had been sprayed and I am sensitive to chemical scents. (In the future I will call ahead to any hotels I stay in and request that not be done) I mentioned this to the night desk clerk and she noted to not have it sprayed the next day.

That evening and the second evening the cheerleaders swam and had a great time. The pool was smallish but very clean and well kept. Deffinately very nice for the price we paid for our rooms! There was a whirlpool and a sauna as well. The kids enjoyed themselves very much.

The night desk clerk, Shannon, was a peach! We had a difficult situation with one of our group and Shannon was very helpful and kind. We even accidentally left our trophey in the lobby the next day and she made sure to keep it behind the desk, nice and safe for us until we came back. I did feel bad for her because it was a very busy Saturday night and she was by herself, but she was always very gracious and curtious.

The young man that was working the desk on the Sunday we pulled out to go home, could learn a lot from Shannon. He did have to man the breakfast area by himself along with the front desk check-outs, but the general consensus was that he was not willing to go to any effort beyond the minimum for anyone in our group.

The manager was very helpful. I saw all over the place, genuinely involved in the goings on of the hotel. He helped us find a good map for area attractions and was very kind as well.

The breakfast area was nicer than I expected. I was impressed by the different things one could eat from just the one, long food bar. There was cereal, oatmeal. pastries, bagles and cream cheese, fruit, hard boiled eggs, waffles and syrup, coffee, tea and juice. All kept stocked and spotlessly clean. The room this was served in was nice sized and had a TV in it.

All in all I enjoyed my stay there and was very pleased with the service. We were warned that the neighborhood we were in was not the nicest in the area, but we didn't have any trouble at all. If I come back to Louisville, I will certainly stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

very good clean easy location to find. good breakfast. friendly staff.

Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

My group stayed here during a trip to visit Waverly Hills Sanitorium The hotel is still very new. Everything is clean and well kept, the staff is friendly and the rooms are spacious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Pasadena, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

We stayed at this hotel based on the recommendation of a family member. Throughout our stay, the staff were extremely cordial. Likewise, the hotel corridors and rooms are kept in immaculate condition. Smoking is forbidden throughout the place. For me, that's a plus. The indoor pool, hot tub and sauna are well kept and rarely crowded. The location itself is convenient to Louisville Airport. Also, there are many places to eat within a one mile radius. For those wanting to experience downtown Louisville, it's a good 10-15 minute drive away. Still, for the price offered by the Comfort Inn, it's certainly worth the trade-off.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

Comfort Inn was opened in 10/08 so everything is still new. Only 3.5 miles from SDF airport just off Interstate it is relatively convenient to everything, including downtown. Good breakfast service; friendly and helpful staff. Pool. sauna and fitness room available. Wi-Fi in rooms and a workstation off lobby for your internet and email needs (no need to drag a laptop with you). Would definitiely stay there again

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Louisville? Share your experiences!