My 21 yr old daughter & I came to Louisville for a few days during her spring break just to get away. Had never been here before. I did a lot of searching before deciding on the Galt hotel. Most of the reviews seemed good, a couple negative. But we had a magnificant time. The hotel is chic and modern, yet still has historical aspects. It is one of the oldest hotels in the city and is right on the river. I booked through expedia and got a good price compared to the hotels website....$133.00 compared to $185.00.(taxes included) We had two double beds and I asked to be water view and upper floor. We had a perfect view of the river and the city and we were on the 23rd floor! The room had two double beds and was very roomy and nicely furnished. Very clean and super comfortable beds. The bathroom was small but there was two separate sink areas, which was nice for two women!! No complaints at all.
There are a lot of lovely sitting areas and restaurants in the hotel. One of our favorite times was sitting in the conservatory bar, which is all glass with great views of the river and the city. We wanted to have a bourbon since that is one of the things Kentucky is known for. We are not real heavy drinkers so we weren't sure what to order, but the young lady bartender was so helpful. She suggested a Four Roses bourbon since Ky. and NY are the only places you can get it. She gave it to us with a little ice and our pepsi on the side, indicating that this is how Kentuckians drink this particular brand because it is supposed to be smooth, so you sip the bourbon followed with a sip of pepsi. It was very smooth and was a fun thing to do.(we only had one)The drink and pepsi were about $8.00 a piece. The bar is a fish tank so your drinks set on top of the glass with the fish swimming underneath! Really cool! Never seen anything like it . Really pretty at night.
We will definitely stay here again the next time we come to Louisville.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galt House Hotel, the Heart of Louisville, boasts 1,290 guest rooms and suites, 128,000 square-feet of convention space and more than 50 meeting rooms. Galt House Hotel features six full-service restaurants and lounges, including RIVUE, a 25th floor revolving restaurant with amazing cuisine, as well as the Rooftop Garden and Terrace, Club 360° Fitness Center and the three-story Conservatory that connects the two towers over 4th Street. It is connected to the KFC Yum! Center and the Kentucky International Convention Center, and within walking distance of Fourth Street Live! entertainment district, the Muhammad Ali Center, Kentucky Science Center, Kentucky Center for the Arts, Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum and Frazier History Museum. It is also within walking distance of unique shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Galt House Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galt House Hotel Louisville
- Galt Hotel Louisville
- The Galt House Hotel
- Galt House Hotel And Suites
- Galt House Louisville Ky