“Spectacular Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Wisconsin
“Spectacular Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

You can expect a nice room, very spacious, clean, quiet, and the staff was excellent. I'm a people person, so I really enjoy being greeted by friendly staff. The room had excellent amenities. Very clean. An excellent location in a very safe part of town. I would reccomend others to stay here. The price and quality were both excellent.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
St. Louis, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

I got a lot of advice from co-workers before staying here and assumed that the hotel wasn't appreciated for being unique. Maybe if the rooms were cordoned off and put into a museum, I would like it more than having to actually sleep in them. Dingy, dark, and strange. Like something out of a low-budget movie.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Fairly large room, right in the heart of downtown. Nice facilities. Attentive staff.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
cincinnati, ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

I stayed here several times as a kid and thought it was great so I was very excited to stay here with my fiance for a Valentines weekend, what a wreck!
At check in I was greeted by a straight faced man who would be better suited working in a morgue. I asked him about the shuttle service to the casino and he instructed me to look at the poster in the lobby instead of answering me , I guess he was to busy with planning a funeral.
The Cafe Mahgnoliea or whatever it's called was laughable. Our server greeted us, after several minutes of waiting , with a story of how she had just got there and we were her first table and she wasn't ready. As the meal progressed I came to think we were her first table ever. No knowledge of the menu or specials. I ordered the Porterhouse that I had to ask her about, when it came out I saw that maybe there was a reason she hadn't told me about it. This "Porterhouse" looked similar to the steak I had had years ago at a Waffle House but the quality wasn't near as good and my baked potato was nice and cool. Are conversation during dinner was interrupted by another server changing out our table condiments while explaining he has to do it once a week. A manager came by to see how things were but I realized she didn't really care as she was walking away as she said it. What a horrible dining experience.
Our room was as noisy as could be. Every time anyone in our vicinity flushed we heard it. The noises from the outside street were as if the window was open.
The cherry on top was at check out when we were greeted by another morgue worker told us our total with a straight face and held out her hand for payment. No thank you's or how was your stay. Oh and not to mention I was charged .75 for a phone call made to an in house restaurant.
I went to there web site to write them a complaint but there was no place to do it.
A couple of weeks ago I stayed at the La Quinta in Cleveland and had a quieter room, friendlier staff and a free continental breakfast that shamed the poor excuse of dining at Cafe Mangie at half the price of the Galt House.
What a let down!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

Beautiful river view. Lovely. Nice location, access to ped way. Good restaurants, several museums within walking distance.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Princeton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

I stayed only one night but, despite the size of the property, everthing ran pretty smoothly. I got upgraded to a junior suite and it was wonderful - roomy, comfortable, very clean with lots of the little hotel ammenities. However, I encountered two problems: (1) the room temperature was difficult to negotiate (mostly it was hot and stuffy & the windows are sealed) and (2) elevator service is very slow because everyone either leaves for or breaks from their meetings at the same time. If you are part of a convention (I was), the large groups hanging out in the lobby and lounges can be fun but I can imagine other hotel guests finding it crowded, loud and overbearing. The food in the one restaurant and snack bar that I frequented was pretty standard fare and well within the acceptable range for a large hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

I stayed at the Galt House last year and thought my room was wonderful, but this year's experience was even better. I had a one bedroom suites with two separate rooms and a large area in the center with a beautiful bathroom with enormous walk-in shower and a large makeup area in the foyer between the living room and bedroom. It was quiet, even though I was only a few rooms away from the elevator.
It had mini bar and fridge, two TVs, pull out sofa, and another chair, table and chairs and desk with free wifi. 4 people could have stayed comfortably in that room.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Galt House Hotel? Share your experiences!