First off, I have to state that I hate convention-type hotels located in downtown areas. It's not convenient at all to jump in the car and head out to shop, eat, or do anything else. This is especially true of downtown Louisville. I am not a fan of downtowns; I prefer suburbs or facilities out near the interstates for their ease of access and proximity to amenities. I'd rather drive to a Five Guys or a Cracker Barrel than walk to an Old Spaghetti Factory or Hard Rock Cafe. So I already approach this with a jaded eye, having attended many work-related events at three hotels in downtown Louisville over the past several years.
As for the facility itself, it is what it is. Clean, comfortable. I have always stayed in the Suite Tower because those rooms have refrigerators, but I visited a co-workers room in the Rivue Tower this time to help her carry her luggage in, and it appeared to be a standard hotel room, also clean and comfortable.
Myself, I would not stay here on my own dime because of the location and the price. I balk at playing more than $80 a night for a room at a place that has free wi-fi and a free hot breakfast.
Speaking of wi-fi, you have to pay extra to use it in your room and the signal strength is terrible. They advertise free wi-fi in the public areas but this is not true; I could not connect to it on three separate devices.
The in-house restaurants are very expensive for average food. Parking is $12 a night and is not convenient at all.
This kind of my facility is not my cup of tea. It's OK for what it is, but I would never stay here if not on business with someone else paying the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galt House Hotel, the Heart of Louisville, boasts 1,290 guest rooms and suites, 128,000 square-feet of convention space and more than 50 meeting rooms. Galt House Hotel features six full-service restaurants and lounges, including RIVUE, a 25th floor revolving restaurant with amazing cuisine, as well as the Rooftop Garden and Terrace, Club 360° Fitness Center and the three-story Conservatory that connects the two towers over 4th Street. It is connected to the KFC Yum! Center and the Kentucky International Convention Center, and within walking distance of Fourth Street Live! entertainment district, the Muhammad Ali Center, Kentucky Science Center, Kentucky Center for the Arts, Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum and Frazier History Museum. It is also within walking distance of unique shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Galt House Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galt House Hotel Louisville
- Galt Hotel Louisville
- The Galt House Hotel
- Galt House Hotel And Suites
- Galt House Louisville Ky