“Here Now! Staying Again Tonight! Great Room For The Price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Breckinridge Inn

You added Breckinridge Inn to your Saves list
Breckinridge Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Breckinridge Lane, Louisville, KY 40220 (East Louisville)   |
Ranked #58 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Ohio
“Here Now! Staying Again Tonight! Great Room For The Price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I noticed, before our trip, that there were reviews claiming the hotel had bed bugs. First off, I want to say that I'm actually sitting on the bed after the first night here and nothing! No bed bugs! Also, I've yet to come in contact with any of the rude staff members. Some are friendlier than others, but I haven't met any who are downright rude. The hotel is, in fact, a little dated; however, what do you expect at this price? The rooms are clean! The beds are comfortable! The air conditioner works! No problem with the internet access ... obviously! It was pretty quiet last night and I noticed that there were, in fact, a lot of guests. There are a few locals who come to the pool/gym, but I haven't noticed any yahoos that scare me. And, in fact, the indoor heated pool is awesome! After a day of walking downtown and in the Old Louisville neighborhood, it was a great way to relax. I haven't made it to breakfast yet ... actually, I planned to spend some time in the hot tub first. My only complaint is that the electronic lock for the door seems a bit delayed ... the batteries probably need changed. But things like that are to be expected, and we will advise the front desk staff of this ... they probably aren't even aware.

I've come to the conclusion that you just can't please some people. Working with the public myself, I understand that there are some people who just enjoy complaining or are confrontational and enjoy the "high" of starting an argument. My experience with this particular hotel is that it's clean, cheap, comfortable, and it seems to be in a safe area. I'm staying again tonight! And if I were to come back to this area at a later time, I would, more than likely, stay here again.

If you want a clean, cheap, basic room (along with a pool and hot tub ... not EVERY hotel offers that!), this is definitely a place to consider.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Tullahoma, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed here over night when packing my daughter to come home from U of L. It is close to the university and it near great shopping. The bed was very comfortable and it was nice and quiet! I will definately stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Middletown, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We chose the Breckinridge Inn for our 2012 Oaks/Derby excursion. Not only was the hotel only about 15-20 minutes from Churchill Downs, the accomodations were quiet and clean in a nice area. While the hotel is certainly not new, it was well maintained with a helpful friendly staff. There is a restaurant on site as well as many near the hotel along with other shopping. The entire weekend I never heard another guest from our room. The only downfall was the hotel has been built in stages so even if you take the elevator to the second floor, you could still have quite a walk with some stairs.

Room Tip: The view was better towards the pool than the parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Wylie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I absolutely loved this hotel. It was very quite and clean. On one day of my stay I was in my room with a migraine. The house cleaning staff came in and checked on me twice and were very quite as they cleaned the room. Every request I made was honored and done with a smile. I will stay at this hotel anytime I'm in Loiusville.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs near pool. Beware that there is not an elevator on this end.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Although the decor of this hotel is a little dated, it was a very neat and clean hotel. The amenities were nice with indoor pool and hot tub to go along with a nice lounge with live music from Wednesay night to Saturday night. The prices is so reasonable considering some of the other hotels we looked at.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We'd visited Louisville last year for the first time and stayed on Preston Highway near the airport, Our hotel (La Quinta) was fine, but when we went back this year, I wanted to be in a better area. The Breckinridge is definitely that. I also liked the idea of staying in an independently owned hotel, hoping to support small businesses whenever possible.
This place is pet-friendly, which is crucial to us and our dachshund Gretchen, but we didn't hear or see any other dogs when we were there. The room was large, well furnished and clean. The bathroom had plenty of counter space and a wonderful heatlamp that made it feel so much more luxurious than the standard new flourescent bulbs ever could. The bed was really comfortable and had piles of excellent pillows - so good that we promptly bought new pillows as soon as we got home! And on top of all that - breakfast was fantastic! The biscuits were great, the coffee was delicious, and there were plenty of cereals, bagels, and muffins to choose from. The OJ was super fresh, plus there was a big bowl of apples to choose from.
There's a workout room and a pool, plus a tennis court. The hallways are really well kept, and there are a few vending machines in them if you need anything. It's a wonderful place to stay, and we'll definitely be back.
Note: There's a club in the basement that we almost went to - but once we saw there was a cover charge on a Sunday night, we changed our minds.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Breckinridge Inn. It is conveniently located just outside of downtown Louisville. It's right off the highway. It's 5 minutes from the Louisville Mega Caverns, which was one of the activities we were doing during our visit. The value is good. The rooms are clean, and the breakfast was decent (nothing too fancy). It was the perfect place to sleep after a day out on the town. It's also close to a handful of restaurants if you get hungry and don't want to venture too far from the hotel. It's most convenient if you have a car to drive towards the downtown core to see the sights.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple