“Needs remodeling” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Scottsburg, Indiana
“Needs remodeling”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed on Derby eve, only one person working the desk, in the room the commode was leveled with coffee packets and coffee filter, phone jack was out of the wall and phone did not work. You would think management would have had extra help at front desk considering it was Derby weekend.

Room Tip: Would not recommend
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor. I do want to apologize for the less than satisfactory stay. I regret the condition of your room. I do hope you alerted front desk, and that it was taken care of in a timely manner.
We try to make everyone feel at home, and want all our guests to leave Comfort Inn and Suites looking forward to their next stay. Unfortunately yours was not the case, and for this I am extremely sorry. We do hope to see you next Derby to allow us another opportunity to serve you again.

Donna Ferguson
Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Great value, Comparably good rate being AIR PORT HOTEL, Excellent Break fast, Clean...Clean...Clean hotel. My over night flight landed at Louisville airport around 11 am. I called hotel for shuttle Donna answer and told me will picking up in 15-20 minutes. Less then 10 minutes shuttle is there to pick me up. I IMPRESSED. I went to hotel they were full house day before with rabbit show. I new it because I was there for the show. I was ready to stay in lobby till check in time 3pm. But they offer me a coffee and ask me to have a seat on lobby sofa. In 15 minutes Donna called me to desk and checked me in again IMPRESSED. when I called for airport shuttle, she had inform housekeeper to clean one of the check out suite and as soon as she got conformation from housekeeper she checked me in. Hats Off to Donna and Management. I am sold to this hotel.

Room Tip: From Parking lot you can see amusement park. Lovely Place. Suites I had was nice and specious. Ask f...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you so much for responding on Trip Advisor. Such a great compliment. I know I am speaking on the behalf of the entire staff in thanking you for your kind words and appreciation of the hotel services.
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I really forgot to book the hotel until the last minute so I booked the Comfort Inn even though it got ok reviews. It was clean and the staff was nice. The building and pool are aging but fine. I used the pool which was indoors and warm but a little chipped. We went for the Derby so it was pretty expensive. It was very easy to find. The breakfast was the standard waffles, egg discs and meat discs but they also had some fruit and cereals and good coffee. I would definitely stay there again as I am sure it would be inexpensive when the Derby was not running. It is right next to the Kentucky Kingdom that is suppose to reopen this summer.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Donna F, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you so much for responding on Trip Advisor. Your comments are greatly appreciated.
Derby weekend was a busy time. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
I do hope to see you again in the near future to make a trip to Kentucky Kingdom. We have watched them diligently working all winter to have a great reopening May 24, 2014. If you enjoy water parks, you will love this one. They have expanded the entire park.
Again, thank you for your kind words.

Donna Ferguson
Bucyrus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We often stay @Choice Hotels for our trips. So was shocked on our 3day/2nite trip 04/11/14-04/13/14 to find it a BIG MISTAKE this trip! DO NOT EVEN THINK OF STAYING HERE, if you want a clean room or a well-maintained room! Our room had not been cleaned from the previous guests or any other stays prior to that if you want to count the filthy carpeting & numerous other problems. And by the way, in the king suite/Room 127, the whirlpool in tub.....the only tub for use for regular showers/bathroom purposes is located right beside the king bed w/no privacy w/in the bedroom side of the suite. Then you have to go out of the bedroom area to the front part to use the toilet that is stuck in a closet sized room that has water soaked ceiling (a 1st floor room). In the past a whirlpool might be located separately in the room where the bed is (such as for a honeymoon suite), but then would always have a full regular bathroom in addition to that. Not here!

No privacy curtains on this 1st floor window either. The curtains that were there were torn & we had to rig it to fix so no one could see in! The room had previously at some point been the location of a party w/remnants of the decorations still all over the suite & on the walls/ceilings of the walls that are poorly patched from large holes. The paint was a bright yellow on 3 walls & the 4thwall was a bright red. Color choices were the least of this hotels problems! Both TV's would take forever to show a channel's program, or it would say weak or no signal. The bathtub tile surround looks like it is beginning mold in the grouting spaces also. The small ventilation fan, that they had rigged up to vent no doubt the steam from the shower out of the bedroom area, needed cleaned as well. The furniture & lamps were out of place when we arrived as well. The internet didn't want to connect either. The only good thing was it had a decent mattress/pillows, I'll give 'em that.

Cleanliness & having the guests feel it would be safe to allow the staff into that room while they go off premises for the day was a huge concern for us. We will never stay nor recommend this particular Comfort Inn again. And we spoke w/several of the guests there this wkend that will not either. Where's Louisville's Health Department for Hotel regulations?! Health Departments make restaurants meet standards....who holds hotel rooms accountable to the same standards? No one here that we could see! Dropping $275.00 for 2 nights is a bitter pill to swallow for this "quality".....leaving a real nasty taste for future choice hotels anywhere, to tell the truth!

On the hotel's site, there's multiple bad reviews as well. But today, it just didn't want to let me submit my honest review on the site for some reason! I hope to save you the disappointments we experienced though!

Room Tip: We've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn & the Hampton Inn near this same location & they a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Ms Nedra B. Let me first apologize for your bad experience at Comfort Inn and Suites.
I assure you this matter has been brought to the attention of the general manager and housekeepers.
I am sorry the set up of our Jacuzzi suites are not to your liking. I guess the toilet may seem it is in a closet. I regret you left a very unhappy guest.
Please allow us another opportunity to make you leave here a happy and satisfied guest. If there is anything you are not happy with, please do not hesitate to let the front desk know. We will be happy to change rooms. I hate that you spent two days in this room and were not happy. Again, thank you for your response.

Donna Ferguson Front Desk Manager
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip in November 2013. I arrived at the hotel in a winter storm! Fortunately, the hotel had good heaters, and not once did I get cold!

Pros: Convenient airport location, large suite-style rooms with separate living room and bedroom areas, clean, good HVAC, friendly staff, complimentary breakfast, clean indoor pool, and more!

Cons: The workout room wasn't very clean, nor did the TV work.

I would have no problem staying here again in the future!

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in a room on the upper floor to prevent car headlights from shining in you...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you found our hotel was clean and the employees friendly.
It is always great to hear from satisfied guests. It lets us know we are doing a good job.
We do look forward to your next trip to Louisville.
Owensboro, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I travel often and don't usually write reviews, but I'm highly disappointed in the service of this hotel and thought others should know. I often travel to Louisville and this time my fiancé and I had plans to clean out and pack up a store in Oxmoor Mall on New Year's Eve night. We brought along our four year old and his grandparents. We chose Comfort Inn and Suites because it had a pool. We thought this would be perfect for our son and his grandparents to keep them busy while we worked through the night. At check-in everything looked great! The hotel seemed nice and plenty of room for the five of us. While the others went to the car to get more bags, my son and I decided to check out the pool. He was extremely excited to see it, but was soon disappointed when we saw a Closed sign on the pool door. I went to the front desk to see what the problem was and the lady behind the counter said there was a problem with the chemicals being too high and that no one could swim in it. She had planned to check it every few hours and would call our room when it was okay to swim. There were plenty of other hotels in Louisville that had pools and that was the only reason we wanted to stay there. I asked if we could be switched to the other Comfort Suites in Louisville that also had a pool? She told me No because they were individually owned. I then asked if we could get our money back? She again told me No because we had already checked in. We had only been there twenty minutes and were not told the pool was closed or we would have never checked in! I guess that is why they charge your card immediately at check-in. I understand that a hotel cannot control all problems that occur. But when things with a hotel that are advertised are not available the hotel should work with their guest to better suit them. I cannot believe Comfort Suites would not give our money back when we found out their pool was not working. This was the ONLY reason we chose this hotel for our child and family to enjoy. We will not ever be going back to this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Hello. Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. As I am truly sorry for the pool being closed and causing a child to be disappointed. It is not safe to be in the pool if the chemicals are not right. This is the only time we have to close the pool, for the guests safety. I truly apologize for the inconvenience. Please allow us another chance to accommodate you and your family.
Again, thank you for responding on Trip Advisor, letting us know our short comings.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Yikes! We checked in today and would move hotels if we had time. First impression was one person working the front desk and a long line. People were saying they did not have towels or pillows. The carpets are filthy and actually feel dirty beneath bare feet. There is an exposed outlet in our room, a hole in the ceiling and dust everywhere. The bedspreads looked so dirty that we were afraid to use them. I am dreading the free breakfast tomorrow. Maybe a good deal for $40 but for $169 no way. Hoping not to have to spend much time in the room at all.

• Stayed December 2013
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you so much for responding on Trip Advisor. I do want to apologize for your unpleasant stay. Cleanliness should never be overlooked, and I'm sorry you found our hotel less than what you should expect. Please accept my sincere apology. I do hope we can accommodate you in the future, and you will be able to go out with a better opinion of Comfort Inn and Suites.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo? Share your experiences!