“Ok for a night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 95 hotels in Louisville
kentucky
“Ok for a night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was for an overnight stay before flying out the next morning. We did leave our vehicle while we were gone and the 10.00 one time flat fee was great. The shuttle was nice for getting us to the AP for our flight and picking us up on our return. Desk people were very nice. We didn't use the breakfast service other than for coffee. There was a smell in the halls that smelled like an exterminator had recently been there. Our king room was clean, the sofa was well worn and no extra blanket. The bathroom was clean but the toilet was a rocking one. It leaked water around the seal on the floor. We wrapped a towel around it and it was pretty wet the next morning. Overall for a quick overnight stay it suited our needs, but I wouldn't stay there again if the Hampton Inn was available.

• Stayed October 2013
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. As I do appreciate the kind words, I do regret this was not a totally enjoyable stay. Again thank you for your response. It will keep us on our toes.
I do hope we may be able to accommodate you in the near future.

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have a Comfort Inn in our town that I book customers into and it is a very nice hotel. When I booked my group into this one at the Expo center I was shocked at how unkept the room was. Needing a facelift is an understatement. The wall paper in the bathroom was literally falling off the wall. The carpet was so stained with spots that I put towels down to walk on the carpet. There were black mold spots around the air conditioners in some of our rooms. The stains on the comforter was noticeable. The bent lamp that rocked back in forth on the desk after you turned it on was my favorite. We went to the front desk and complained and since it was a Sunday night I needed to wait till the Front desk manager was there on Monday. On Monday when I complained she stated that they were unaware of these rooms and I showed her pictures that I took of the problems. They did offer to switch rooms, but I was afraid I would get something with mold in since I did not have any. If they needed to run to the airport for the shuttle the front desk person put up a sign and said we will be back. So when you check in on Sunday afternoon like I did - we had to wait till he got back from his run - 20 minutes. The next clerk left up the sign while she was in the back texting on her phone. I asked for the owners name and they told me he would call me. I have not heard anything. I also called the complaint department for Choice Hotels and they said the GM would respond with in 24 hours. I got a form email from here. I am waiting to hear if anything is resolved.

Room Tip: I like rooms in the middle of the hallway less traffic noise from the elevators and generally the ex...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Please accept my sincere appology for you unpleasant stay. Be assured the problems you encountered have been sent to the manager. I do hope you give us another opportunity to accommodate you in the future.
Greenwood, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed her Friday night in Oct in order to see the St. James Art Fair. The room was large, clean and nice. Becasue we joined Choice Hotel Rewards we got this room for on +$50. Did not even get up early enough for the breakfast on Saturday morning, but still felt like this place was a good deal.

Room Tip: Join the different rewards club to get discounted prices for your rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for responding on Trip Advisor. We are certainly glad that you enjoyed yourself at the St James Art Fair. We hope you come back through town soon, and we can accommodate you. On your next stay perhaps you will be able to enjoy our complimentary full hot breakfast. Again, I thank you for your kind response.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at many a Comfort inn but this one was by far the worst I have ever seen. The first room had water behind the toilet running all the way under the vanity,and the housekeeping was terrible, very dirty, the rug was awful, we asked to change rooms and were accommodated with another room just next door, this room was stifling and the a/c did not work, again the rug was filthy and even had some holes in it, this time we decided to get out and go to another hotel, a Courtyard was just down the street and was perfect. I have written Choice about this property and I will not pay for it. After this experience I have my doubts about staying at another choice property.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I do want to appologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered while staying at Comfort Inn. Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. All comments are greatly appreciated, be they good or bad. I do regret this one was not good for you. Please accept my sincere appologies.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This property could use a renovation. The fixtures were missing lightbulbs and the outlets didn't work in some areas. I will say that the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was efficient and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. I do want to appologize your stay was not all it should have been. I appraeciate the kind words about the staff, just sorry to hear we failed in other areas. We are updating as you seen by being greeted by TV boxes. I am so sorry.
I do hope we can accommodate you again in the near future.
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This motel needs a renovation. It's clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. That's the good part of this review. Here's the not so good.
1. The elevator was very slow and seemed to take forever to get anywhere.
2. The a/c in our room was off when we arrived. It was very hot and we were very tired...not a good combination. We turned it on high cool and constant fan immediately and our room never got really comfortable. When we closed the door to the bedroom, we had to turn on a fan in the wall to get cool air into the sitting area. It didn't do a very good job. And even though we had it on constant fan, the a/c would still turn off.
3. They had just installed new televisions in the rooms and empty boxes greeted us as we got off the elevator on our floor. It was difficult to maneuver the luggage cart around the boxes. I don't know what kind of cable or satellite system this motel uses, but the channel numbers were totally weird. The station guide didn't match anything and when we called for assistance, the staff person that came didn't know the channel numbers either!
4. The breakfast area was clean, but breakfast was nothing special or inviting to tired people on a long trip.
5. The heated pool was not heated. It used to be an outdoor pool and they have enclosed it to make it an indoor pool. It could also use some renovations. Parts of the bottom and sides were flaking off. The door to the pool couldn't be closed or you'd be stuck in there. They have a half brick there to prop open the door.
We stayed here on our return trip because it was clean. I didn't bother with the pool and we didn't stay for breakfast.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you found our hotel was clean and the employees friendly. I do regret though, that your stay was less than satisfactory.
I sincerly appologize that the TV boxes were in the way of getting to your room. We did try to keep them out of the way. I do hope you give us another chance to gain your confidence. We hope to accommodate you soon.
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This property would do well to undergo a facelift. The outside looks nice enough, the lobby and breakfast area is nice. But the hallways and rooms could use some serious maintenance: painting, cleaning, carpet refreshed. The rooms were clean but the disrepair of the walls, carpet and such detract from the cleanliness.
The pull out beds were scarey at best and there is no bedding in the rooms for them. One bed had a metal piece sticking out from it and one of our kids got cut by it.
The plus: the staff was very friendly and tried to be accommodating. However, this property does not speak well for Comfort Inn and Suites, typically a nicer Choice hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for staying at Comfort Inn and Suites. I do sincerly appologize for the bad experience. The bed has been taken care of. I'm so sorry for the accident.
It is good to hear that the staff was accommodating and friendly. We appreciate you taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. Please know all responses are taken seriously, and every effort to take care of these types of problems.
Again, thank you for your time. It Is greatly appreciated.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo? Share your experiences!