“Clean, comfortable, friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center
Ranked #37 of 95 hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Clean, comfortable, friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean and comfortable, but not spectacular. Still, a comfortable, safe, helpful place for people passing through town with kids. Extra points for the friendliest front desk staff I've ever met.

• Stayed July 2013
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank YOU! for your great review, we are so pleased you found us to be clean and comfortable.. and thank you for your kind words regarding out Front Desk Team.. i have passed your comments on them so that they know they are doing a great job.. we do hope that you will return again.

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Horrible experience. Room was big but that's about it. Old furniture, very dirty , sleeper sofa not for use but if you like to sleep on springs...it's perfect . Very loud at night .Someone was trying to get to our room in the middle of the night using the rooms connecting doors. Asked for extra bath towels..got it one hour later ..hand towels !!!! Bartender at the lobby bar very unpleasent..asked for glass of white wine , he said that he's not going to open one for me because they closing in 10 minutes.. fine.. Hotel restaurant served mediocre food; served only strawberries cream cheese , no jam at all .Over priced ! People at front desk realy didn't care if you are IHG Rewards Club Member...just "live me alone" attitude .. well, weather was nice for a change..we got some sunshine outside because inside was really cloudy and unpleasant .. . Thank you ..will not be back .

Room Tip: There is a small fridge in the room . Hotel is close to airport and highway ...24 hrs. of notori...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport. On Behalf of the hotel, please accept my apologies for the problems encountered in your room during your recent stay in our hotel. It is the Crowne Plaza Louisville Airports’ goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us, the feedback we receive enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.
On behalf of the Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport, we appreciate you staying with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed in a comfortable, well- appointed king room with a quality mattress,linens, pillows, and an inviting duvet covered comforter. I had a very good night sleep! I felt very comfortable. The bathroom in the king room offered a separate sink in a dressing area with a
hairdryer, and magnifying mirror. The bath towels were soft and plush. The water pressure was good and the water was appropriately hot and cold as needed. The hotel lotion , shampoo and conditioner were of a good quality.
The floors, carpets were sparkling clean and well maintained as well the hotel common areas including the sparkling floors in the well appointed lobby. In the Blue Horse Cafe, I enjoyed a delicious Sunday Brunch that offered a wide variety of well prepared brunch items including delicous fresh fruit and berries. The wait staff were courteous and accommodating. My contact with the rest of the staff was pleasant as they offered southern hospitality and went out of their way to be helpful with a smile.
There was a convenient , free shuttle to a nearby restaurant after I returned my rental car and the next morning they supplied a pleasant, quick ride to the airport . I was on my way feeling content after enjoying the staff at Crowne Plaza 's good service and refreshed after enjoying a good night's sleep .

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for the great review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel.. we do so hope that you will return soon.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel is on Baptist East Hospital website as an arranged partner for out of town family members of patients. First on check in we had to educate the front staff on their management’s arrangements and agreement on price with Baptist East via the website. Only one elevator at the rear of the hotel will operate for all floors. Other elevators only go half way up the facility floors so if staying get ready to be a mouse in a maze. For Louisville, it’s the better of where to stay but really is just an oversized Comfort Inn with employees wearing suits. We arranged a late checkout for Sunday as we are from Chicago and needed to spend as much time @ Baptist East Hospital with my sister who was a patient and when we returned before noon(although the front desk said we had a 1pm checkout time) we found out the crown plaza had cut our room cards off. My wife calls the front desk as we stand outside our room (crown plaza was still charging our credit card for the room) and they sent security up to our 7th floor location we were waiting at. Then he proceeds to ask us to describe various items in our room before he will open our door. After playing family feud or "Crown Plaza Games" and answering all the questions correct we were allowed access to our personal items and room. It’s about 1215pm at this time, again we were guaranteed a 1pm checkout. As a side note I and my spouse are both in healthcare and don’t feel that this level of service provided by this hotel should be affiliated with Baptist East Hospital or patients families that are dealing with life and death issues. So I have contacted the administration to also explain why the Crown plaza is a subpar hotel that hides behind a well known name. Only stay if you have a need to punish yourself!

Room Tip: Stay on first floor as the elevators are slow, old, and work half the time.
Green Features: just a bunch of drunk guest wandering around and riding up and down on the elevators so no eco friendly really.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your open comments and candor while writing your review, on Belhaf of the Crowne Plaza we apologize that the hotel was not up to standards during your recent stay, your comments and experience are being addressed with our management team. Again thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Room

My room was huge, especially considering it was just me staying there. Maybe it's my membership in Priority Club but I definitely was staying in an upgraded room. It was on the 7th floor and I had a distant view of Churchill Downs and Six Flags. While I could see planes passing by outside, the noise levels were minimal and never once interrupted my sleep. Everything was spotless and I will be hoping I get to stay in the same room should I ever go back (I’d tell you the number but can’t risk you stealing it if I’m there at the same time).
The only cons I could come up with were the noise of the AC and the shower. The AC can be a bit startling when it first comes on, especially on warm days when it's hard at work. In the bathroom, the shower took a few attempts to get going on my second night there. When I pulled up on the nob on top of the faucet, nothing happened. Some patience and a few more attempts eventually proved to be key.

The Hotel

Plain and simple, it needs a remodel and maybe needs to figure out what image it wants to portray. Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice and clean property and you'll feel comfortable staying there. It just feels like it was great when it first opened and no one ever bothered to update it.

The Restaurant

Great food, staff and prices. I didn't spend more time there than to eat and run but absolutely no complaints. I also didn't explore the area around the hotel for any other options (although it didn't look like there were many others) and I really didn't need to.

Hotel Staff

They accommodated my request for an early check-in, as well as a room on a high floor, and were just generally friendly and helpful all around. The front desk and bellman always set the tone of my stays and these were all better than I had hoped for.

Getting there

Easy to spot and easy to get to if you're driving. If you don't have a car, they have shuttles that seem to run fairly regularly from the airport and with a $9.99 minimum for a cab, the shuttle is worth the wait.

My criticisms of the hotel are really negligible and I hope they don’t deter anyone from staying there as I would absolutely recommend you do if you’re in the area.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
WOW!... thank you so much for the great review, i do not know how to thank you enough for the kind words and praise. I have already emailed your comments to all departments and asked that they each celebrate your review, we truly hope that you will return again,,, oh and if you don't remember the room number ask the Agent checking you in to look up your last stay.. thank you again for the great review..
Hamilton, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

If you can't avoid staying in this area (there is nothing there), then this hotel is a good choice. The hotel itself is nice. The restaurant is okay. But the area really sucks.

The pool in the hotel is very nice, and the hotel is clean with good service, but you are really limited with what is around you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send in your review of The Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport, we are very happy that you found our hotel to be nice and comfortable, we hope that you will stay again and make use of the pool and restaurant.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel is a wonderful place to stay. Beds are comfy, rooms are spacious, staff is helpful, and the location is great. The restaurant is good. Close to airport but noise from flights is not that noticable. Have stayed here in the past and will continue to use this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, we are so happy to have our return guest remember us and let others know what a pleasant stay they had, we do so look forward to you returning.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center? Share your experiences!