“Best Hotel in Louisville!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   830 Phillips Lane, Louisville, KY 40209 (Fairgrounds)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #37 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Best Hotel in Louisville!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I frequent Louisville, KY most of the year for business. I choose to stay at the Crowne Plaza because it's minutes from the airport(SDF), University, and downtown. I have heard complaints about airplane noise but that doesn't bother me. With the amenities that are available you can keep yourself distracted enough not to be bothered by the airplanes flying over head. One bit of criticism I would offer the hotel, have more options on the room service menu. I believe I have had every course on the menu at least once. As I stated before, the Crowne is minutes from about everywhere in Louisville so when you have exhausted the room service menu there are plenty of restaurants to choose from.

Room Tip: To avoid the plane noise try the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, The Crowne Plaza is always happy and excited to host Wonderfest! we are so happy that your room was to your staisfaction and you found the bed and pillows to your liking, we can't wait until your group returns and we look forward to seeing you next time. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed here May 5th to the 10th, 2013.for business reasons.Sunday night was fine.Monday through Thursday was horrible.This is the hub for UPS.That means they have a LARGE number of flights roaring out of the airport from approx. 2:30 in the morning until 5;00 am.Unfortunately this Hotel is right across the highway from airport.This is unlike most airport hotels where there isn't a middle of the night launch of a fleet of aircraft.It is a shame because this Hotel is very nice.I recommend only staying here if you can adjust your schedule to waking up at 3 am.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to send your review, i am so sorry that the airport noise disturbed you during your recent stay, We are so glad that you found the hotel to be nice and hope that you will return again in the future.
Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had a three day stay here for WonderFest 2013. Everythig went a planned. We reserved our room 5 months in advance. So when we arrived, they checked us in, it was fast and the staff was very helpful. The room was nice and had lots of extras. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were excellent. I usually take my own pillows but forgot them this trip. It was not an issue. They had several pillows on the bed. Some were firm and others very squishy. The hotel was easy to get around. The pool area was very nice. We had breakfast at the BlueHorse restaraunt inside the hotel two mornings and also a drink one of the evenings. Even though the breakfast was busy our waitress was very friendly and efficient.
It was very easy to get around Louisville from the hotel. We are already planning next years trip to WonderFest, and we already know where we will be staying!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your Lousiville stays, we are alway happy to hear that our guest return for our ammenities and convenience to the airport and downtown area. Your comments regarding our room service menu has been addressed with our team and we are happy to say that new menus will be coming out soon. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

If you need quick access to Louisville's airport, I can't imagine a better scenario than they Crowne Plaza. John Elway could probably hit the hotel with a football if he were standing on the edge of the airport property, yet while you're actually in the building it does not feel like you are such a short distance from jets landing and departing.

Check-in was a breeze, and the front desk staff were accomodating and patient.

The room we stayed in was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the air conditioning was more than capable of keeping the room cool (trust me).

One pesky little problem: the switch in the bath tub that activates the shower did not want to work. I really don't think laying in the filth you are trying to remove from your body is ideal, so this was a little problematic for me. After about five minutes of fidgeting with two different times (once for me, once for my wife) I was able to get it to work, however.

Once again, airport noise bleeding through the windows was not a problem. I did not hear a single plane all night.

The benefit that really seals the deal is the shuttle service that runs from the hotel lobby to the airport terminal. My wife and I walked into the lobby at 5:40 am, and the shuttle driver had us unloaded at the drop-off point by 5:45. Not bad!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great review, we are so glad your stay was a pleasant one and you were able to make use of our shuttle service. we hope your travels will bring you our way again.
thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Louisville.
MOBILE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was a guest on Thur, May 9th 2013. This property is the nicest and largest of several properties across from the airport(SDF) and convention center. I was a tour bus driver. Professional full hotel staff, and property had a great pool, restaurants, shuttle service (3 mile range) and parking. I had no issues sleeping. Room had up to date decor...looked great! Not a lot of food outlets close, but dntn Louisville is a straight shot on I-65. Churchill Downs and U of L stadiums are close close as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our hotel! I am so pleased that we met your expectations and hopefully was a bit above what you expected. We do look forward to being your choice hotel when you travel through louisville again.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I accompanied my husband while he traveled for business. We chose this hotel because it was in the south end of Louisville, close to where my husband needed to be while working out of town for the week. This is a nice hotel, but since it's just across the highway from the airport there is a lot of plane noise. Unfortunately, freight planes leave Louisville's airport all throughout the night. In our room, the "Fan" mode of the central a/c didn't seem to work so there was no way to create constant white noise. So I would advise you to only book this hotel if you need to be very close to the airport!

The property itself is decent. Room is of average size with a large flat screen tv and very comfortable desk chair. Housekeeping leaves small packets of the most wonderful smelling lotions by the bed- meant to help relax you and soothe your tired limbs. Bathroom is small, water pressure a tad on the weak side. In addition to bar soap, you also get shower gel which smells terrific. Free in-room wifi worked very well.

Fitness center is okay. It smells like rubber when you first walk in because of the flooring material, but you get used to it quickly. I could not find a remote control for either of the ceiling-mounted tv's, nor could I see any manual buttons on them. The front desk staff probably would have been able to help, but I didn't bother to call.

Pool was heated, although it was open to the outside. Early May temps were not that warm so I found it a little cold to lounge poolside. Plus their metal loungers were extremely uncomfortable.

Bottom line: The location of this hotel (so close to an airport from which flights depart during the middle of the night) makes me want to give it a 2-star rating. But I'll bump it up to 3 stars since most things are average/acceptable. But be warned... sleep quality definitely suffers here if you're a light sleeper!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport. On Behalf of the hotel, please accept my apologies for the problems encountered with the Airport noise in your room during your recent stay in our hotel. It is the Crowne Plaza Louisville Airports’ goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us, the feedback we receive enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.
Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the CP for Kentucky Derby weekend. We encountered the friendliest staff, the service was impeccable, the restaurant food was amazing and the bar was super fun! The shuttle took us to Churchill Downs as well as the Expo Center and they are less than 2 minutes from the airport. Everyone was extremely nice and outgoing. The rooms were clean and well stocked. We even got a dozen roses for the Derby. They had a hat shop set up in one of the conference rooms and had a nice gift shop with plenty of Derby memorabilia. They made our experience to Louisville for the Derby such a great one that we would never stay anywhere else!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the great review and choosing to stay with the Crowne Plaza for your derby experience. We are so happy that you and your sister had an amazing time. We hope to see you for Derby 140.

Thank you again for choosing the Crowne Plaza!

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center? Share your experiences!