“Very Central” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 E Jefferson, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #41 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
MINNETONKA
“Very Central”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is a nice downtown hotel, if you want basic and no frills. Our room was clean and roomy, especially the bath, which was huge. However, while there were the usual pool and spa, there was no restaurant, only a very basic (and nothing special) breakfast room. Parking is on the property but is $10 extra per night. This is your usual hotel found on the interstate transplanted into the middle of the city. It is an $89 hotel that costs $179 for its location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Debbie S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Hammer09,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. My team and I appreciate the honest review and am pleased to let you know that we are working on adding different items to our breakfast buffet to improve the breakfast selection.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dunnellon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I moved from Louisville, KY a few years ago. The downtown area continues to improve and to grow. We visited the hotel for a very short stay - arrived at 6pm and checked out at 11am. The staff was great, the room was clean and comfortable. I would like to have had a refrigerator in the room. Springhill and Fairfield work very well together - I parked in the Springhill area and it was not a problem - parking charge is usual for cities -$10 for this hotel. FOR THE PRICE, this hotel cannot be beat. It is just what we were looking for. It was a fast trip - in and out - we were attending an event at the YUM center- we walked there and we were very pleased with Fairfield.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear BThankful,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that even though short, you enjoyed your time with us. I completely agree with you, Louisville is certainly changing, happy to hear that you noticed the differences.
My team and i look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are visiting Louisville.
san francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

As other reviews indicate, this is a good hotel. Staff are friendly and courteous. The room clean, and also cleaned in a timely fashion (no having to call the front desk at 6P asking for housekeeping to stop by). They provide complimentary breakfast. Parking is only $10/day. So why only 3 stars? Well, location is OK. It is within walking distance to 4th st, and the free shuttle service in the city. It is a fair hike to the NuLu and waterfront areas, but you could also take the shuttle. I was a bit put off initially by the rather rough clientele at the Shell station convenience store (only place open when I arrived at midnight) and the pawn shop across the street advertising guns and ammo. There was also an adult shop next to the Shell station. It is not that close to basic conveniences such as a drug store. But in the light of day, getting one's bearings and realizing that 4th street was just another block over was reassuring.

The rooms are a good size and appointed like any other 3 star hotel in the US. Beds comfortable, lots of soft pillows, but not like the heavenly beds offered by other chains. I wished they had in room safes and fridge. The breakfast was complimentary, but nothing special--institutional scrambled eggs, mystery meat sausage patties, diy waffles, bagels/toast, apple or orange juice, yogurt--very basic stuff. Complimentary coffee seems to be offered throughout the day (Yay!).

It is also located right off of the 65 highway, so very easy access to the airport and other areas.

Would I return? Maybe, but I might consider other properties such as the Springhill Suites next door (maybe they have in room fridges? well, it seems the parking is shared) or Marriott a block over (where there are restaurants that are open longer, thus saving me the trek to the Shell station, and maybe also an in room safe because the site of a pawn shop in the area made me a bit uneasy).

Room Tip: upper floors may have a view. I got a kick out of the building with a portrait of Colonel Sanders of...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Debbie S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear m t,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a detailed and honest review of your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. We really do appreciate the feedback about your stay.
I will be reviewing your comments with our team as we are always looking for opportunities to improve our guest's experience with us.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast included. Rooms are a good size and close to downtown Louisville. Plenty of bars and restaurants within an easy walk. A bit annoying that we had to pay for parking, but aside from that it was all good.

Dear Viking1861,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review about your recent stay with us, we really do appreciate the feedback and i will be sharing our comments with our team.
I hope that you will choose our hotel again, next time you are in Louisville,
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

$10 for parking in addition to the room charge, which we found reasonable for the downtown location. Others in our group stayed two blocks away and paid over double for parking at their hotel.

The bed was comfortable, and the pillows were super soft.

The location is great, very central, we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go in the downtown area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Debbie S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear G W,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a 5 Star Rating from your recent stay with us. I really do appreciate your feedback and thank you for your understanding about the very busy breakfast area.
I will be sharing your comments with the team as the feedback you provided is very important to us.
We look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Louisville.
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I wasn't expecting much so I wasn't disappointed. My husband and I had a single king room. It was small, really meant for just one person. The bathroom was teeny, just enough counter space in which to rest my toothbrush and toothpaste. The room was clean, though.

The free breakfast was okay. Our room did not have a mini fridge, which disappointed me. There is a small concession near the registration desk where you can get cold bottles of water, soft drinks, beer, wine, chocolate, etc.

The staff was very friendly and courteous. The hotel is in a really good location. It's close to downtown (within walking distance), close to the freeway, and it's easy to access the parking garage. It was nice that the garage parking charge was just $10 per day--most hotels charge more.

The bed was comfy as were the pillows. The temperature in the room, however, was not comfortable. We had a lot of trouble trying to keep the room at a comfortable temp. It was either too hot or too cold--there was no happy medium.

I was worried that we'd have to endure a lot of noise as there were quite a few families with children and 20ish singles. I was worried that the kids would run up and down the halls, and the 20-somethings would party all night. Not the case. Either everyone was being particularly courteous or the sound insulation is that good.

One thing that was outstanding--this hotel actually has towel racks in the bathroom!!!!

Dear Dawn60785,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. We really appreciate your honest review and i will be sure to share your comments with the team. I do apologize that you did not have a mini fridge in your room, currently this is not a standard for Fairfield Inn's but am thrilled to let you know that we will be getting them in every room by the end of the year !
I do hope that you would consider staying with us again, next time you are in Louisville.
Lexington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed here a recent Saturday. We were on a budget rate (seemed to me) and one would have thought we were the highest paying room on the property that night. The welcome at the front desk was warm, the room was perfect, and the breakfast delicious. We love this central location and will look here first on every trip.

Dear MCN,
I wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post a fantastic review about your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. It is always great to hear from guests that we exceed expecations and you would recommend us to others.
We look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Louisville !
Regards,

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!