“Great staff and stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 E Jefferson, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #42 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Marshall, Illinois
“Great staff and stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I have zero complaints. The room has a modern look, big bathroom, and comfy bed. The staff and service was some of the best I've experienced. Every employee was helpful, smiled, and said hello. I'm even talking the lady cleaning rooms to desk folks to breakfast people to everyone. Whoever manages has done a stellar job training the staff in customer service. As you see from other reviews, it is connected to the SpringHill Suites and it is almost like one hotel. I had to check in at the Springhill desk because we came in super late, but the guy (Sylvester) was awesome. He took care of us and even walked us to our elevator and told us everything we needed to know. Give that guy a good Christmas bonus. Breakfast was solid and a free breakfast in a downtown hotel is hard to find. And even though it is pay parking, there is lots of street parking around the hotel if there on weekend when street parking is free. If you need a downtown hotel - this is the one.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I'll be the first to admit that Fairfield Inns can be a little hit or miss. I booked this one after reading other positive TripAdvisor reviews.
The hotel doesn't look like much from the outside but don't be fooled, the lobby is big and bright and seems either newly built or newly remodeled. My room had plenty of lighting and was clean. Bathroom on the small side but I was traveling alone so no biggie. My room faced a main road but noise was still low at night.
Other features: the workout room on the first floor was large and had nice equipment. Breakfast was standard fare, which highlights something else I like about Fairfield Inns: they always serve hard-boiled eggs. Only downer was that they couldn't seem to keep the coffee pots refilled fast enough.
The parking garage was large enough that I never had trouble finding a space, even when the hotel filled up with guests. Your keycard should open the entry gates to the parking area, but mine did not work for the first two days, I had to take it back to the front desk for them to fix it.
The hotel is in sort of a weird block of downtown Louisville. I did go walking by myself a couple evenings to go meet colleagues for dinner, but I would have preferred not to. Maybe I'm just over-cautious but there were some seedy characters around, however not out of the ordinary for any urban neighborhood. That said, it is a very short walk to several good restaurants and bars.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Usually I stay at the Springhill Suites that is connected to this hotel but they were full. It's not much different (they share a fitness center, pool, and laundry room)- the lobby of the Fairfield is nicer and this is where breakfast is served. There is a great selection of fruit, baked goods, juice, waffles, and Jimmy Dean sandwiches.

The rooms are big and the beds are comfortable. The color scheme is a little weird- navy, bright green and orange but the room was bright and quiet. There is a lot of storage space between the closet and the dresser. The tv is a large flat screen with lots of channels.

I do like the Springhill Suites rooms a little better in terms of space and decor but I do like the bathrooms in the Fairfield Inn- they are smaller but have a tub. The toiletries are Pantene.

I would not hesitate to book this hotel again when I am in Louisville. It is close to great restaurants and only a 10 minute drive to the University of Louisville. The staff is friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Went to Louisville for the first time to attend the ABC show. For the past five years the ABC show was in Las Vegas. This year Louisville. I was surprised how nice the room was, newly decorated. The complimentary breakfast was ok. But...it was the gracious accommodating staff that made the week stay memorable and pleasant. I particularly want to give a shout out to JUSTIN at the front desk. His personality and ready smile was contagious. The hotel is walking distance to the downtown. Go to restaurant Doc Crows for some great slow cook pork and briskets and fresh oysters from the oyster bar. Ask about the Wilbur sundae. Brown buttered praline ice cream on Carmel ribboned pork rinds with candied bacon and cherry bourbon sauce. PROOF restaurant/museum/hotel is also a must.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights while my husband was participating in the Ironman race. The hotel did a great job making the athletes feel welcome - from true hospitality and friendliness to the little touches like having rags available for bike repair and having breakfast ready for a 4:30am meal on race day! These were very much appreciated.

The room itself was plenty spacious, even with a bike in the room, and was spotlessly clean. Our housekeeper even left little "towel animals" as a cute touch. The pool looked nice, though we didn't use it. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and we slept well all three nights. Another upside was the free wifi, which was fast enough to handle streaming a Netflix video.

The location is superb. Louisville is a very walkable city, and we enjoyed walking to the riverfront park, restaurants, attractions, and Ironman festivities. Almost anywhere you need to be was within a (safe) 5-10 minute walk, with the few farther reaches of downtown being about 20 minutes away but still easily walkable.

Parking was $9 - and hard to come by given the busy weekend. I would imagine if there wasn't a special event / sold-out hotel, there would be easy parking but it was packed during our stay. Several cars made their own parking spots making the already small garage even tighter. The garage normally allows 2-directional traffic, but with the cars parallel parked along the side it ended up being one-way traffic...and at times a short wait while you pulled over for other cars to get by. A nitpicky complaint, but worth knowing about.

The only other downside was breakfast. There was the expected selection of cold breakfast items (fruit, yogurt, cereal, bagels, pastries, etc.) but if you wanted hot food, you were out of luck. The breakfast sandwiches looked quite questionable (was that really sausage?!?!) and the line for making a waffle was about 30 minutes long (not an exaggeration), again probably due to the event in town. Although we ate fruit and bagels on race morning, we decided to eat out on the other two mornings as we prefer something heartier than cereal to begin our day.

I'm not sure I'll have a reason to return to Louisville in the future, but I would have no hesitation staying at the Fairfield again if I find myself back in town.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Tullahoma, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed here the night before we moved our daughter into UofL. The hotel is in a great location to downtown activities and the university. The room was spacious and very comfortable. When we checked in we were asked if we wanted to be on a top floor for the view. I thought this was a nice touch! The breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

This was our first time to Louisville, last minute vacation with 2 kids, 7-12 age range. In town to walk on the hallowed ground of Churchill Downs. (We're horse people) Great price for a nice hotel downtown. Cons:Parking is a little confusing and tight for our F-150 and an extra $9 but we managed and everywhere downtown seems to charge for parking. Bathroom is small with little counter space. Pros: Comfortable bedding, clean, affordable for downtown, no personal safety issues (We walked to The Old Spaghetti Factory for a carriage ride and felt completely safe, we would never do that in downtown B'ham especialy with our kids after dark), really nice view (loved the floor to ceiling windows), wonderful staff, ample breakfast selections, free in-room wi-fi. Convenient to attractions. I must mention the hotel staff once more, they were so friendly (being a southerner myself, well, we hold high standards on 'friendly') It really does make a difference to see a smiling face. We enjoyed our stay here, it made a nice town even better.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!