“Great experience except the maid stole my linen blouse” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #32 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
San Francisco
“Great experience except the maid stole my linen blouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I arrive late on a Sunday night to see that I'm the "Priority Club Member" of the day. I have a great time at this modern, classy, upscale place. I depart 6/21 to go to a conference hotel downtown. I leave my new white linen shirt on the white sheets. When I call to retrieve it the next day, I am promised a call back by the front desk guy. I call and call over the next 2 days and finally speak with the manager, who also fails to call me back. He says he's waiting for the maid who cleaned it to come back in to work. Finally, 4 days later, he says she doesn't have it. I realize there's no way to make her give it back. Why would she? And lose her job? But it's frustrating to have no recourse. So, the message is: don't leave anything behind because then it's ours. Really puts a bad taste in my mouth for the brand.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Algonquin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

great friendly staff, nice bar and nice clean new rooms. Checked in quickly by a friendly smiling face full of information and willing to help. Rooms were spacious and extremely clean. LCD HD TV's in the room. Small but nice fitness center with a small indoor pool next door. Machines and dumbells up to 35 lbs. Over all I would highly recommend this hotel if you are passing through or staying for the weekend or longer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Orono, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

Both mornings I was awakened by a defective CO2 detector. The staff was great, but this followed a terrible experience with Holiday Inn company reservations. For the high price of the hotel, skip it. The details (like not being awakened by a CO2 detector) matter! I travel a lot, and never again on this hotel. The staff is wonderful though, without exception.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

Check in was very easy and the lady at the front desk was very nice. She gave us keys to a room that was on the 2nd floor. When we got to the room there was someone already in the room. I went back to the receptionist and told her someone was already occupying that room, and she just said oh I gave you the wrong room number. It made me wonder the rest of the weekend who was given keys to my room.

We went to the bar and the bartender was very frazzled and not in a good mood to say the least, made us feel like we were not welcome there at all. She warmed up a little later. I think she was trying to do to much, she was the only staff other than the cook in the restaurant/bar.

This motel is not a convenient walk to the fairgrounds, if you wanted to drive it would be fine, but if you're walking don't stay here.

The simming pool is indoors, and was very tiny, but we never saw anyone in it.

All in all the hotel room was fine, and very clean.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

We thought the rooms were small for the $160.00 and the bathroom door would not stay open. Bathroom was quite small. I discovered the morning we left, I was missing 2 containers of eyeshadow from my makeup bag. I reported it to the desk, but was never notified if they had pursued this issue.
It is very hard to find when looking for it the first time. We much prefer Holiday Inn Express for the value and all the extras, especially the large rooms.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
MainLine Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

The hotel was nice: clean, comfortable and convenient to the Expo Center and close to the airport. It sits back off the main highway and is a little hard to find. The scenery is dreary but the convenient location made up for that. Help at the front desk (Melissa) went above and beyond with exceptional service. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are attending something in the vicinity of the Expo Center.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Rock Hill, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

I am really enjoying my stay here. I got a $75 weekend rate in Feb '09. There's a small heated pool and a restaurant right off the lobby area. It was convenient on a day like today with bad weather. Prices are reasonable and the food is tasty. The building is only 1 year old and everything is in good shape. Furnishings are modern. The bed is comfortable. I'll definitely stay here again when I return. It's a great deal and close to the airport and Churchill Downs. It's hard to find the entrance, esp in the dark. Otherwise, not much else to complain about.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center? Share your experiences!