We chose this Hotel because the airport location served us well during our last visit and the Hotel was new, so we wanted to give it a try. This is a really nice HI branded Hotel. We found all variables associated with room cleanliness, sleep quality, HVAC comfort, and Staff Helpfulness and courteousness to be excellent. Although this Hotel is very close to the airport, we did not experience sleep problems from the planes going and coming. We did not notice any guest related noise problems outside the room either.
We stayed for two nights and were involved with Board meetings downtown at a Charity for which we volunteer. We really liked staying at the airport versus Downtown. Our travel time to Downtown from our Hotel was only five to ten minutes. It worked out perfectly. This Hotel is conveniently located to an easy on and off Hwy 264 which is on Crittenden St. I would highly recommend this option as opposed to I-65 which is undergoing heavy construction and thus lengthy traffic backups. We noted heavy traffic backup particularly and the Northbound 65 route.
Do try this Hotel if you are in the Louisville area, we think you will not be disappointed. We would definitely stay there again on our next visit to Louisville.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to One of the Best of Louisville Airport Hotels! Set in the heart of Louisville's convention, sports and airport districts, the newly built, smoke free Holiday Inn Hotel at Louisville Airport - Fair / Expo has an ideal location. We're less than a mile from the Louisville International Airport (SDF) and near the attractions and businesses of Louisville, KY. Our hotel is a few miles from attractions like Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and the world-famous Churchill Downs & Kentucky Derby Museum. You can spend the day cheering for the University of Louisville's Cardinals at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium or visiting Freedom Hall at the Kentucky Fair & Expo Center across the street from our hotel. The Louisville Zoo and local parks are just a few miles away. Business travelers benefit from our hotel's location near the Kentucky Fair & Expo Center, UPS, Ford, Brown & Williams, Louisville Naval Ordnance Station, the University of Louisville and other businesses in Louisville. Lodging here gives you access to our 1,892 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space and a 24-hour business center. Our exceptional hotel in Louisville features Kem's Cafe & Lounge, an indoor, heated pool and a 24-hour fitness center. For a well-appointed room with free high-speed Internet access, triple-sheeted bedding, a 32-inch LCD HDTV, a large work area, a microwave and a refrigerator, call our Louisville, KY hotel today to reserve a room for your next stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Airport And Fair/Expo Center
- Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Hotel Louisville