“Great Hotel and great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #42 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Hotel and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed one night at this Holiday Inn. The room was clean, smelled fresh and very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had breakfast the morning after our stay. The hot food was hot, the cold food was cold and everything tasted very good There were a variety of items to meet everyone's dietary needs. My company uses this Holiday Inn for our guests that visit from out of town. We ALWAYS get positive feedback from them. Jodie Donahue is FANTASIC to work with. She's always willing to go the extra mile to help. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnSDF, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your recent review about the Holiday Inn Louisville Airport Fair/Expo and our staff. I will make sure to pass along the great comments about how the staff has made your stay with us great! We always strive to go above and beyond to accommodate our guests. We hope to see you back again on your next stay in Louisville, KY.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I love working with Jodie Donahue. She is always so helpful and makes sure that all of our needs are met. She certainly takes pride in her work and the hotel itself. She has always gone the extra mile for us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review about the Holiday Inn Louisville Airport Fair/Expo and our staff. I will make sure to pass along the great comments about Jodie going above and beyond to make your experience worth while! We always strive to accommodate our guests in the best way possible. We hope to see you back again on your next stay in Louisville, KY.
Hamilton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was VERY disappointed that when we got to the Holiday Inn that they had given our room away. I was quoted to have a room with the King bed and had the confirmation that I would have it. When we got there we had a room that had 2 Queen beds. I told the front desk that there was a mistake and I was to have a reserved King bed in our room. I was told that they had given all the king rooms out. I told him that I had the confirmation for the king bed since November and he told me that there were not any more available. So if you want a room with a king size bed, don't hold your breath at this one because you might not get it. Nothing was done to correct this problem either.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnSDF, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Louisville Airport. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused you. We are truly sorry for the negative experience and impressions you may have had. Your comments are very important to us as it helps us in our never ending task to better ourselves and our services. Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I hope to make this right on your next trip to Louisville if you choose to stay with us again. This is not a normal routine for our property and I will make sure to follow up with our front desk staff to be more aware of how important giving the correct room type is.
Central Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We spent one night at the Holiday Inn. It was fantastic, the staff was so helpful in restaurant suggestions, activities, and general promotion of Louisville. They shuttled us to Churchill Downs and then picked us up hours later. Nice clean rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnSDF, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Travelcoug,

Thank you for your recent reveiw about the Holiday Inn Louisville Airport Fair/Expo Center. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your good comments to our staff. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Louisville. Thank you for your business.
Proctorville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed here only one night before flying out early the next morning. My only disappointment was that we were in a room with 'queen' beds. We had requested a king but weren't able to get it. The room was very spacious and clean on the plus side! I have no complaints as it was clean, big and had all the regular Holiday perks. It was very close to the airport and had complimentary transportation if you needed. There were a few restaurants within walking distance which made it easy to access!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Viareggio, Toscana, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Unable to retrieve my reservation although I have All the papers and numbers with me. Because of that they got me waiting for 40 minutes or more instead of giving me the room and do whatever they need to fix their problems.
Plenty of hotels near by. Do not go to them and being treated like that

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear CarmineLosco,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns.

I am sorry to hear the troubles you had during your stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with your reservation and deeply regret the poor service you received from our staff.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards that we usually pride ourselves with, as such your comments will be forwarded to the hotel's management and will be used to consider improvements where possible. We hope that you will still give us a chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel was in a great location. We were close to Churchill, Megacaverns and Wagners (our Louisville, Kentucky favorites). Parking was a little tough in early evening. Rooms were clean, pool was very small, but I would still recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013
HolidayInnSDF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Brig 1973,

I am happy to hear that our great location worked out well for you on your recent stay. I will be sure to share with our housekeeping staff that you appreciated their hard work. Please stop in and see us again on your way to Churchill Downs. Thank you for your business!

Been to Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center? Share your experiences!