“Don't judge a book by it's cover!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Host Westgate Inn

You added Budget Host Westgate Inn to your Saves list
Budget Host Westgate Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   254 Russell Dyche Mem. Hwy, I - 75 & WEST KY 80, exit 41, London, KY 40741   |
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grove City, Ohio
“Don't judge a book by it's cover!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

This little budget hotel doesn't look like much on the outside, but the inside is very different! This hotel was impeccably clean! I've never stayed in a hotel room that was this clean! Nothing fancy, nothing over-special, just a great, clean, fresh room for the night!
The service was wonderful too. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a friendly, smiling face from behind the counter. This is a family run hotel and it shows. Kentucky hospitality and good conversation is alive and well at the Budget Host.
They have a small park for children, and a picnic shelter next to a very well-kept pool. There is free wi-fi in the room and cable TV. There was also a microwave and small fridge which was kind of nice for snacks. The lobby hosted a very basic continental breakfast - Packaged pastries, cereal and coffee.
The surrounding area is not that attractive - very commercial. But that allows for shopping and quick access to restaurants. In fact, this hotel is flanked by a Cracker Barrel and a Waffle House.
For the price (I paid $42 per night), you just cannot beat the value!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Louisville KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Was really impressed when we stayed here a while back. Thought we would try it again. We had a really nice room and we got to enjoy the pool. The rooms were really clean and we had a nice meal next door.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
London, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Can you believe this? My sisters and I are locals and we pay to use the swimming pool. We had been there today since about 200p with my sister's one year old daughter, who loves to splash in the pool. At around 430p, the owner walks up to us and asks how long we've been there. We told her since around 200p, and she bluntly told us we needed to gather our things and leave! Keep in mind, that we are paying customers... keeping to one little corner of this pool, some of us in the water and I was sitting on the edge of the pool with my feet in, with the child right next to us in her float laying on top of a doubled over blanket, with a towel laying over her to shield the sun. My sister had just put the 3rd layer of SPF 100 sunblock on her and put her down for a nap. The owner said she was concerned about the child being in the sun and told us to leave, then called my sister ignorant!! We told her that we understood that, unfortunately, there were neglectful mothers in this world, but my sister IS NOT ONE OF THEM! My neice is an extremely loved (and spoiled) child! For a stranger to basically come up to us and call my sister a bad mother, was COMPLETELY UNCALLED FOR... the situation could've been handled much differently. When we explained to the owner that we had nothing but the child's BEST interest at heart, she called my sister ignorant!! We decided that we had enough and left, while we were discussing what just happened by the side of our vehicles (in the parking lot of the gas station next door), the owner walks toward us and sits on a benchseat closest to us and starts GLARING AT US! Who the hell does she think she is?! I had never seen a mother worry and be so protective over a child, before she was EVEN HERE (during the pregnancy) and after, the way my sister was over my neice... and for some STRANGER to walk up to us, and basically accuse us of child abuse really boils my blood. My neice wasn't even pink from sun exposure! Don't get me wrong... it is refreshing to know that people are looking out for the safety of our children, but this woman was RUDE and her actions were IGNORANT! We will never be back there again! Please don't spend your money here, these people are rude and nasty and don't deserve the patronage... especially if they are going to treat their customers in this manner!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Marshallville, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

worst place to stay..beds are doubles.. there are massage vibrators for 25 cents on the beds..still use keys.. not a clean place.. had to pay extra for a teenager to stay in the room with us..towels in the bathroom was not the cleanest.. i slept on top of the bed refused to get under blankets..the web site is so misleading..i seriously wanted money back and go else where..look at web site on the 3rd oic you can see the massager sits on the night stand... STAY AWAY... NASTY

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
cjeff21, General Manager at Budget Host Westgate Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
The reservation the customer had made was for 2 double beds as requested. 18 & 19 year olds are considered as adults (rates are based on the number of people). Our hotel has received Budget Host's highest quality assurance awards for over 10 consecutive years.
Fortville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Clean room. Everything I needed for an overnight stay. Good value for the money. Liked the free Internet.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Mason, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

The pool was GReEN it was 90 degree's outside , the room smelled bad when entering it. the frig was turned off when we got in the room it smelled bad inside from being off.. There free breakfest wasCoffee only!!!! Then to beat all next morning there was roaches crawling on the night stand when we woke up and turned the lights on. Poor service very dirty very nasty place to stay wont stay there again...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
East TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

The Budget Host was recommended by a friend as an economical choice for lodging. As grad students working on an out of town clinical assignment money is an issue. The Budget Host staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. They even brought a refrigerator and a microwave to the room. I will definitely recommend the Budget Host Westgate Inn to my classmates and friends.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Budget Host Westgate Inn? Share your experiences!