“'Newly Renovated, great stay'” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn London I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Melcon Lane, London, KY 40741   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in London
Nashville, Tennessee
“'Newly Renovated, great stay'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have stayed here several times, but this is my first review.
The staff here is consistently very helpful, the check-in was quick
which is always great after a long day of traveling. The lobby was
very festive for the Holidays!!! The rooms are newly renovated and
clean, loved the new decor!! It is always a pleasure staying here.
I will for sure stay here again. Very affordable

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
crgmull, General Manager at Red Roof Inn London I-75, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for the review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you were pleased with our renovations and that you've stayed with us before. I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed our Christmas decorations. Our staff takes much pride in decorating the hotel for the different seasons. We look forward to seeing you in London again soon.
Kay Mullins, Gen Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I am glad we stayed here for the night on our way to Florida. The place is clean and comfortable. and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was good for a night stay and met our expectations. will come back if in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
crgmull, General Manager at Red Roof Inn London I-75, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thanks so much for the great review! We really appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your stay and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our staff. I hope you're having a great time in Florida and look forward to seeing you again at the London Red Roof Inn when you're in the area.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hotel staff is very nice. Tim (night shift clerk) was very nice and personable. Rooms are clean and hotel is in the middle of remodeling. Beds are a but on the soft side for my taste, but some may enjoy then. Rooms have separate sink area from shower and toilet. No coffee pots in room. No newspapers available except for local paper in newsstand out front. Breakfast was terrible. Very sparse selection. Gravy was so watery that it couldn't have been considered gravy. For a decent place to sleep and then hit the road, this is ok. However, I wouldn't stay here for multiple nights due to lack of minor amenities that most hotels provide. Price was $67 per night, but there were others in the area that was similar.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
crgmull, General Manager at Red Roof Inn London I-75, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I do apologize about the gravy; we had a problem with too much liquid in the gravy but our supplier has rectified that issue. I am happy to hear Tim provided you with a good experience at our hotel. We do have deluxe 2 beds and superior kings that provide a fridge, microwave and coffee pot that you may want to request on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again in London at our all new hotel ( by the first of the year all our renovations should be completed) Thanks again for the review.
Kay Mullins, General Manager
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Checking in and out was quick and easy. the wifi was easy to connect to and a decent speed. Most importantly the rooms were very clean. Overall this motel is much better than most other motels in its class.

• Stayed October 2013
Thanks so much for the nice review . Above all, I think cleanliness is the most important factor when choosing a hotel and I was happy to hear your remarks. We look forward to having you back again soon in London.
Thank you, Kay Mullins, General Manager
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Let's start, as always, with the premise this is a budget hotel, not a four or five star hotel. If you're looking for four or five star accommodations, you're reading the wrong review.

We stayed at this Red Roof Inn on Oct 14, 2013. They are in the midst of a renovation and our room had just been renovated a few weeks earlier. While there were workmen in the halls hauling materials and tools to the rooms under renovation, they took care to close the door of the room they're working in so as to minimize the noise. I've traveled for years and never saw workmen take that kind of care before during renovations.

Check-in was quick and hassle-free; the room was clean and we were, surprisingly, thanked for our business by the general manager! (You would not believe how many hotels do not bother to even thank you for your business anymore.)

The hotel is pet-friendly and our two Dalmatians were welcomed with open arms. There are two large lawn areas in front of the main entrance and parking lot where you can safely walk your dogs even after dark. Parking is not a problem, either. The continental breakfast is very simple (bagels, toast, cereal sort of thing), but fresh.

We stayed at this hotel before while traveling from Dayton Ohio to Atlanta and back. I'm sure we will stay here again on another trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
crgmull, General Manager at Red Roof Inn London I-75, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I would like to thank you for writing such a nice review of our hotel. The construction crew we have working on our renovations are just great! They are kind and considerate of all our guests, as well as doing a wonderful job on the renovations. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your newly renovated room and enjoyed our southern hospitality. We look forward to seeing you in London again soon.
Kay Mullins, GM
Glasgow, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My mom and I arrived late night and very tired. Since my mom is battling cancer, she was very weak, on oxygen, and could only walk a little as she would gasp for air. The attendant, Tim Broussea, immediately started assisting us (carrying our luggage and bags and pushing moms big oxygen tank). We had to stop 5 times and let mom catch her breath...Tim was so kind and patient. He counted the steps from the lobby to our room so we would know ahead of time how far we had to go and he gave us the closest room possible. He made our stay outstanding, the room was great, the hotel was beautifully decorated, and the price was fair and affordable. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Just tell the attendant what your needs are.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
First let me say that I do hope your Mother has a speedy recovery . I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. Tim is great and he has worked here several years. I really appreciate you letting us know how well he treated your Mother and you and how well you liked your room. We look forward to seeing you again in London.
Sincerely, Kay Mullins GM
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a basic, comfortable enough hotel, convenient to I-75. We had a large room (King and couch). The bed was comfortable but a bit too mushy for my tastes (I like a little more support). Wifi was good, didn't try the breakfast or the gym. Room was very clean, did not have a fridge or microwave. The price for the room was reasonable. It was OK for 1 night, but because of the bed, I might check elsewhere when traveling I-75 again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry about the bed, but I would like to let you know we are in the process of renovations and all rooms will have new bedding when completed. We should be finished by the first of this year as we have already completed several rooms. We look forward to seeing you in London again.
Kay Mullins, GM

Been to Red Roof Inn London I-75? Share your experiences!