“Great for the money” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in London
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

For 60 dollars a night this was a great hotel. The staff were helpful and friendly. The room didn't smell bad which is important for me because I am sensitive to odors. It was outdated a bit but for 60 bucks I wasn't expecting the taj mahal. Nice little fridge and microwave in room. There is a pool adjacent to the hotel. There are only two cons I can think of. One is my own personal thought which is that most hotels check out time was 12 at one time and now it is 11. I hate this and think it should go back to 12. Also the air conditioner in the room was fairly loud and although it didn't bother my sleep, it may bother someone more sensitive to sound. But it wasn't terrible. Overall, I loved this hotel, especially for the price, it was clean and had everything I needed. I would absolutely stay here again. The staff were the best, very attentive and professional.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Amrutp, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
We would just like to thank you for your buisness. Our Principle goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service and at a reasonable price. Thank you for choosing us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Rater
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This has got to be the smallest hotel room I've have ever stayed in. The desk help needs to be alittle more friendly. The pool is across the parking lot which means you have to go thru the lobby to get to pool then go back thru the lobby to get to your room with wet clothes dripping all in the lobby. The room is super small. We do not like this motel. It is clean and the property is clean.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
We thank you for staying with us.
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

We rented two rooms for an overnight stay while driving to Florida. We made a last minute decision to stop and used some coupons that we got at the rest stop to get the room. Two rooms ended up costing us just under a hundred dollars.

Our rooms weren't dirty, however, the toilet wouldn't flush right, there were burn marks in the comforter, the blanket that went over the sheet was scratchy and horrible, the bed was very hard and uncomfortable. The hard bed was the clincher. I basically only slept for about a half hour that night. In the morning we were allowed to have some items from the "deluxe" breakfast. Basically some waffles made from the waffle iron.

While I imagine you could find somewhere worse ( they didn't have any bugs ), I would pass this one buy. Definately will NOT be using it on the return trip home.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
I am concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel . Our Principle goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service and at a reasonable price. Please accept my sincere apology for the problems you experienced. I had maintence check the bathroom and repair the toilet and have had a meeting with house keeping concerning the comforters again i apologize that we did not meet our proper standards. Again my deepest apology.

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Summerville, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

So this hotel really wasn't as bad as the other reviews say. For an econo lodge, it was about what you should expect. our room was plenty clean! the water pressure was great, which is important to me. the hotel was in a safe area and convient to the interstate. i would stay here again. continental breakfast was bagels, toast, waffles, cereal, juice, and coffee. no complaints for the money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
We appreciate your buisness and would like to thank you for staying with us .
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

The hotel seemed good on paper with the indoor/outdoor pool, breakfast,and promise of a clean room for decent price. But property is in poor condition, there is a musty smell in the lobby and rooms, the pool area is not well maintained (the kiddie pool seemed to have a bacterial flora all its own), and breakfast was comprised of low quality cheap foods (not enough of it). The room was not particularly clean. When we asked to see other rooms we were told that our room was one of the best maintained. The interior and exterior need a significant overhauling.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
I am concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel . Our Principle goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service and at a reasonable price. Please accept my sincere apology for the problems you experienced. I have since contacted contacted our housekeepng /maintenace personel to make sure that our property is properly cared for , and to assure this problem doesnt occur again , again i apologize that we did not meet our proper standards
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

Very Very Dirty, in disparate need of updating and repairs! $69.99 does not get you much now days. The service was very good, but the room was filthy, floors not vacuumed, cable TV did not work, room air conditioner was very filthy and smelly, the two cloth chairs had seat and back stains on the fabric, unidentified stains on the end tables near the bed, cigarette stains in this non-smoking room, very noisy first floor room and the dry wall was damaged. We had no choice since ran out of options in this city. The other two motels, Days Inn and Super 8 were even worst than this motel. What is happening to our hotel value choices for clean, quiet, affordable home away from home?

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New Market, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

I am a frequent traveler and use the Choice Hotels because of their high standards. However, I have to say that this has been the worse hotel I have ever stayed at. The room smelled horribly as if someone had just used the bathroom and failed to flush, the staff was unfriendly and poorly prepared, the lights abover the bed did not work and their was more furniture in the room then there were beds. I am really disappointed that Choice would allow such a place to carry there names. Please don't stay here, there are many other wonderful hotels in this area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!