“mighty good eatin'” 5 of 5 stars

5369 S Us 127, Liberty, KY 42539-8106
606-787-1462
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Liberty
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
al
“mighty good eatin'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

Just visited this lovely cafe. Catfish was outstanding(even if I had no clue to weight watchers point value LOL). Looking forward to our next visit.

Tennessee
“Good Gracious!! Great Food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

We travel to lots of places during horse show season and have ate at a lot of places in the south and southeast . This was by far the best cafe I've ever enjoyed .The food was great.Everybody was very friendly and kind. There were four people in our group, and we were all very happy with everything.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Somerset, KY
“Good down-home cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

As a previous advisor said, the is alot of hype about this resturant. But the food is good. ((I was raised and I now cook down-home food, veggies that come from the garden. I cannot eat veggies from a can (corn, green beans) because I think they taste like crap, so when I go out to eat I always have to stick to some type of potato, mac n cheese, or a salad. I can eat the green beans at this resturant b/c they come out of the garden!))
It is nicely decorated, you can purchase almost everything that is on the walls. They have a gift shop out front, they mainly sell amish items, but do sell other things as well.
All in all, good place to eat, but people hype it up because it's *amish* and people, especially from the city, will go crazy for stuff like that.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Corbin Kentucky
“Something to talk about....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

I live in corbin Ky. I visited the cafe with some members of my family yesterday. I (We) were totally impressed. The cafe was very clean and beautifully decorated. The service was outstanding. The food was awesome. The rolls were something to talk about.
I am not a person who likes to try new things but I am very thankful that I was fortunate enough to get to experience a visit to the cafe,
I am sure that I (We) will be returning very soon.
The atmosphere was friendly, inviting and they made you feel appreciated to have stopped by.
The menu offers a wide variety of foods ranging from hamburgers, chicken, fish, subs and sandwiches, seafood, desserts, salads and soups to a large country buffet with homemade cooking.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kentucky
“Does not hit the hype it has..............it is seriously overrated.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2008

I will be fair and say the place is clean and neatly decorated. However, my daughter were invited to dinner over this 4th of July weekend and were both sorry we did. The food was very bland and had a heavy greasy film about it. I was immediatly ill with my 1st and only plate from the buffet bar. I did not return for 2nd's nor did my daughter. I will no doubtedly keep away from this place. I found the staff to be pleasant but the food to be overrated. I have lived in Amish county for the majority of my life in the Ohio region, so I assure you, I know good food. This was not.