“Nice to have an old fashion bakery still around” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Lexington, Kentucky
“Nice to have an old fashion bakery still around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

A great place to get treats and a great place to linger. Maggee's Bakery has been around for as long as I can remember (and, that's a long time). My favorite there is the creme horns. Whenever my kids come to town, they want me to be sure and pick some up to have around the house. It's the only place I know where I can still get really good creme horns.

Visited November 2012

79% Recommend
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice ambience, great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I visited this lovely place one rainy morning to kill a little time. I let the staff know it was my first visit, and when I couldn't decide between two pastries, they gave me the one I decided against for free to try! The coffee is bottomless if you dine in and it is really good. I sat by a window, enjoyed delicious pastries and hot coffee, and read. Very nice place!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great people and breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The staff/owner are just nice people. The pasteries and breakfast food are great. While being indecisive, the owner just gave us some extra pasteries knowing we were from out of town!

Visited August 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Taste of heaven !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

A Lexington institution, this bakery serves some of the finest baked goods and yeast glazed donuts! A limited breakfast-type menu and lunch menu rounds out their offerings. The prices of baked goods are not inexpensive, but worth every cent because of the quality. There can be long lines and crowds but if you are in town for a while I would say waiting in line for one of their glazed donuts is worth every moment of the wait. Most of the staff is gracious and welcoming... I wish I could say "all." It is a safe bet to come to Magee's for your sweet fix!

Visited June 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
“Too expensive and just gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I've been to Magees before and they were ok. I went there in December to get the fresh squeezed juice and some food and they don't do the juice anymore. Just bottles of the cheap stuff. The biscuits and gravy were terrible and the quiche was cold and tastless. Very dissappointed

Visited December 2011