“Disgusting rooms” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
“Disgusting rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

If you want a clean place to sleep, this is not the hotel for you. The first non-smoking room we were given smelled like smoke and a grandmother's musty basement. The second room smelled like chlorine and dirty socks, but by that time I didn't care because I was so exhausted. There was mildew in the showers, moldy cracked grout, and cobwebs in the ceiling. We pulled the beds away from the wall and lifted the mattresses up to check for bedbugs. Thankfully I didn't see any of those, but there was about an inch of dust behind the beds along with a dead beetle or two. One bed had stains on the sheets. When we asked for a new set, half an hour passed. I called down again and the service desk stated they were the only person there so if I wanted my linens in any quick fashion I should come down and get them myself. I didn't mind going to get the linens, but they should have said that in the first place. I just wanted to go to sleep! The carpet was so stained and gross. The next night we got an airfreshner and disinfectent wipes and the wipes came away black from the tv remote, light switches, door knobs and toilet. So gross!! Oh, and not that this bothered me, but just showed the lack of upkeep, there were several areas that had been re-drywalled and never painted. But it was cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Carmen S, Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Lexington, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry that your stay was not up to your satisfaction as we try to insure that everyone enjoys their time here. I assure you that not all of our rooms look like the pictures you placed. We always strive for perfection but sometimes we miss. We have received many reviews where our guests loved their rooms and their service. Please gives us a chance to make it up to you the next time you are in the area. Feel free to get in touch with me directly and I will take care of your reservation personally. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you again.

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stay here frequently and are always pleased with the room, staff and most of all the price. You could stay at several other brand hotels on this exit at a higher price and usually a lesser quality room. The standard rooms are large and the beds are always clean and comfortable. They don't appear to put up with partying so we have never had any of that kind of noise problems. The only negative which should be understood is the noise from the adjacent interstate, but you don't notice it after awhile, it becomes a conistant background noise like a river. The whole property could use some newer carpet but it is always clean. We always enjoy staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Carmen S, Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Lexington, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am glad that you had an enjoyable experience. We always strive to make our guests feel comfortable and welcomed. We are working on new updates to our hotel.We hope to serve you again in the future. We appreciate your business!
Visting From Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Breakfast was above average and that was the highlight of my stay here. Asked for a quiet area on the second floor. Windows were very thin and I heard every semi truck that drove by on I-75. Heard the baby crying from the room down the hallway and the neighbors talking. Had o run the fan on high all night to even sleep a couple of hours each night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. I do hope that you let our front desk staff know about your issues right away because we definitely would have fixed the problems for you. We hope you give us another chance to serve you.
WILLIAMSPORT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Staff went out of their way to help out when we forgot a key item. Everyone was friendly and hotel was clean. The beds slept really well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Carmen S, Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Lexington, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to accomodate you again soon!

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Lexington? Share your experiences!