“Truck Parking is ample” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 66 Hotels in Lexington
Elkton, Maryland
“Truck Parking is ample”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Having stayed here many times over the years I was happy with the new TV's. Maybe they have been here a while but I haven't The front desk staff was as always Kentucky welcoming. Breakfast in the morning ment no visit to the across the street Waffle House or Cracker Barrel.

I hate the shower heads at this place maybe they want to save water? The in room coffee was terrible but then again look online for what people do to those coffee pots. The a/c and heat was great and I didn't see any stains on the bed or carpet, maybe the hallway but people are slobs and treat the hotel like a dump. Easy place to stay hard place to find tucked back in the corner. Plenty of tractor trailer parking and large RV. Need a rest check this joint out.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor towards the front of the building as the back is near the interstate
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Check-in was very fast. The price I paid was a bit high for the value I received. The room was just OK, and was not as clean as I would have liked. The television wasn't cable. The wifi was horrible here, and my Verizon wireless card did better. The speed was around .6 Mps. They allowed dogs in the hotel which may have explained why it felt dirty. The breakfast was standard fare of bagel, cereal, and waffles which was fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We needed somewhere to rest after driving all day and found this place. We got there and staff was nice. We get to our room and the carpet looked dirty and the bed had stains. Our window wouldn't close or lock. I have a 8 month old and being in the bottom floor I wanted to make sure we were safe. I called desk and the lady asked if the TV was still there! This did not make me feel any better about the area I was in. She came to the room and messed with the window until it was fixed.(they need to replace it). To top it off the latch on the door wouldn't lock good! To me these are simple fixes like tighting a screw and is something that should be checked and a daily basis to make sure its safe.

• Stayed September 2013
Old Bridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

+ sink outside bathroom
+ flat screen TV
+ coffee maker in room
+ nice continental breakfast
+ plenty of drawer space

. wifi in room but download is only about 0.6 Mbps
. limited cable but no TCM

- no fridge
- no microwave
- too few cups, housekeeper did not put new ones out
- no grab bar in shower
- rusty hinges on bathroom door
- bathroom door needs planing, sticks when closing
- toilet handle must be held down

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were just passing through and stayed for just one night. We only paid about $65 and were delighted to realize what a bargain it was! The room was clean and new, plenty of outlets to charge cell phones, kindles and other devices and the beds were comfortable (and best of all, didn't have those terrible floral bed spreads!). They had a good continental breakfast spread and a decent breakfast area. The only odd thing was an awkward encounter between two of the hotel staff that was had in the middle of the breakfast room...but I'm confident that was a one-time issue that honestly didn't taint my opinion of the place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

During our recent stay for a Golf Outing we were greated cordially by the Check-In Staff and made to feel welcome! One of our group had issues with and air conditioner and another a overflow toilet water tank and it was QUICKLY handled and resolved by Scott Barker the Maintenance Engineer. The Management Staff is great and very willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay memorable!
Kudos to the Staff and we WILL return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Emporia, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We reserved this hotel because we thought we would be bringing our poodle. We did not, but took the pet friendly room anyway. The room had an animal odor that could have easily been taken care of with a good cleaning. We stayed, but slept in the bed only and did not sit in the chairs or use the shower. I don;t know if this was a common occurrence at this motel, but I hope not. On the other hand, the breakfast there was good for a continental breakfast. IF I were to stay here again, I would make sure it was not a room where animals had ever stayed before.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Lexington? Share your experiences!