“dated and dirty” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Boone, Iowa
“dated and dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Don't bother with this facility as there are better similarly priced facilities close by. The entire place is in need of updating, and it is poorly maintained. eg The toilet in our room had thick black mold under the rim.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was my first stay at this La Quinta. We (me and friend and our young daughters) were in town on a mini getaway to see the Horse Park and other area attractions.
Hotel Overall - Driving up the outside had a little bit of a shabby appearance. Once in the lobby it seemed a little nicer. All common areas were clean but seem older and could use an update.
Location - Hotel was very convienent to the highway and to local attractions. There is a gas station, McDonalds, Subway and Cracker Barrel (not recommended, was worst I have ever eaten at) within walking distance.
Rooms - The room has clean and what I would consider typical size. It is set up like older hotels where the toilet and tub are in the bathroom and the sink and vanity are in a separate area next to it. I really like that setup. The bathroom areas were clean and efficent but seemed like they could use an update. The beds were nice, firm and clean soft updated bedding. The carpets were very clean and updated. Our beds were 2 doubles. Had a flat panel TV. The only complaint i had about the room was lack of micro/fridge.
Pool - Pool is outdoor and noted as heated, but it didnt seem overly warm to us. The outside pool area was nice size, lots of tables and loungers and pool was clean. It is set in the back of property, surrounded by a wall fence, so only hotel customers can access it. Steps into pool of 3ft then increased to 5 ft.
Breakfast - We got to breakfast a little after 9am, so not sure if we missed hot items, but it was more of a contential with breads, cold cereals and yogurt with the addition of waffles. It did the job of getting food in our bellies to start the day, but other La Quinta hotels i have stayed at had more variety.
Service - The staff is what made this hotel above average. Everyone was so happy to see us. Everytime we passed an employee they spoke to us, were very kind and playful with the kids. Also, they always offered to help or assist us with anything we needed. Wilma at the front desk was exceptional, and the male maintainance/janitorial worker (didnt catch his name) was very delightful as well.
Overview - I felt like this hotel was more of a cheaper cost chain than La Quinta, but the staff was great! I would stay here again soley because of the staff!

• Stayed June 2012
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We decided to visit the Kentucky Horse Park and wanted something close and reasonably priced. I read the reviews and decided to take a chance. It was the most pleasant surprise we've ever had. The staff were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable, rooms were very clean, A/C worked well, and at $81 dollars I couldn't have asked for more (but I got more anyway!!) The breakfast in the morning was excellent; make your own waffles, coffee was good, fresh milk, cereal, bagels, yogurt, fruit, and juices. I will be honest, the rooms were a little bit dated and could use a refresher but by no means was it a deal breaker. They still had Samsung LCD TV's with a full selection of HD programming. Would easily go back in a heartbeat. Great job La Quinta and all of your staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have stayed at this La Quinta location on many occasions. I have never had a bad experience here. The beds are comfortable, the rooms clean, the location is handy, and the staff are always professional and friendly. I never eat breakfast, so I can't comment on that. But the price is right and the hotel is the next best thing to being at home. I stay here whenever I am in Lexington, KY, and ONLY here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We needed a place to stop on our trip home to Georgia and found the LQ Lexington. The hotel is nice, it's a little dated, but overall clean, friendly and easy to access. I will say the breakfast bar was full of carbs without a lot of choices...just breads, cereals,yogurt, bad apples and bagels. Overall, if you need a clean place for a quick stop, the property will serve you well.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was looking for Hotels on the net for our trip. I was looking for reasonable price, cleanliness (no bugs or mould), pet friendly and close to the interstate. I read reviews on a few different ones including La Quinta. Most of the reviews for this hotel chain were very good so I booked not one hotel stay in one state but also another one in a different state at the same time. The agent I spoke with in La Quinta's call centre was super friendly and helpful. Upon arrival at this destination I was immediately impressed by the cleanliness and parking availability outside. Inside the building and room was just as spotless. Check in/ check out was seamless. No extra charge for our dog. I am in no way affiliated with this or any other hotel chain BUT if you are looking for real value for your dollar you need to check La Quinta out!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Lexington? Share your experiences!