“Not good room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Lexington/Winchester Rd

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Lexington/Winchester Rd to your Saves list
Super 8 Lexington/Winchester Rd
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2351 Buena Vista Rd, I-75 & Winchester Rd Exit 110, Lexington, KY 40505-4823   |
Ranked #47 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Richmond, Indiana
“Not good room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I agree with the one review the lady at the desk was very unfriendly. We had a travel coupon for the hotel for $36.99 & we were informed they would not take the coupon or my AAA because of a special event at the horse park but she couldn't tell me what was going on there.We had to pay $68 for the room,double the price. There was a lot of notice in the room above & out in the hallway. Won't go back there. From now on I will be checking Trip advisor before I ever stay in another motel!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Passed ripped chairs and overflowing trashcan on the way to room. First impressions of room #200: Door looked like it had been pried open in the past with a crowbar. Broken security latch. Odor in the hallway smelled like smoke, odor changed to mildew/moldy smell upon entering room. White drip stains all over worn out carpet (looked like glue or caulk, but when I toed it with my shoe it flaked off, so it was more like dried pancake batter. Apparently they don't vacuum the floors here.) Threadbare blankets had tears, moth sized holes, and cigarette burn holes all over (and we were in a non-smoking room). I actually took the blankets to the lady at the front desk and told her they should be ashamed to put these blankets on the guest beds. Not enough towels/wash cloths for our party of 4, even though I booked one day in advance. ( I booked the day before through the Super 8 website, but found that the local hotel actually cancelled our reservation before we arrived. Unfortunately they put us in another room.) Toilet plumbing leak had the toilet running water all night long which kept me awake for a few hours. Carpet was coming loose from the floor, Vanity Mirror had broken clips. Chair in room was placed under the coat rack. The one time I sat in it then stood up and I bumped my head. Hubby did the same in the morning. Curtain rod hung over window crooked, so curtain was longer on one side. (Not a big deal, but shows the complete lack of attention to detail that you would have at any other hotel that actually cares about the guests.)
My "breakfast" was microwaved eggs and one package of instant oatmeal in a styrofoam bowl.
I skipped the microwaved sausage patties floating in grease and biscuits and gravy. Hubby wanted coffee, but it was all gone, so the one lady running the front desk had to make more coffee as no employee was tending to the breakfast area.
The wi-fi was free and quick.
If we hadn't driven 17 hours to get to this hotel (and the other local hotels had no vacancy) we would have gotten back in our car and kept driving.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Rooms were dirty and the air conditioner barely worked. The old lady at the desk was not friendly at all. I have no idea why someone would have a ornery old lady doing customer service. Shower was moldy. Stay away!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
oakland ky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

heres a hint: never stay at a place where most of the reviews start with the phrase "the first room...". anyway, you could pick the lock with a credit card in the first room. oval toilet seat lid, round bowl. ice machine works great, coke machine doesnt. people always bring up dirty carpet and rightfully so. compound that with multiple sticky areas. i always stay at super 8's and this is by far the worst. sorry to the owners of this place but you already knew these things. convenient location and helpful, congenial staff.not enough to bring me back though.

Room Tip: call somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Abbeville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

A nice facility for the price, quiet and clean and located within walking distance of several nice fast food restaurants. The main sign is not visible (heading south on I-75) and is a bit difficult to find with no other markers, (even GPS was confused) Facility however, is well lit and seems to be in a safe area.
The not so good. . . . . My friend and I( using individual rooms), BOTH had to request another room! The curtain rod was broke and blinds only partially covered the window. 3 room lights did not work, unplugged or burned out, hard to tell when its dark? I was promptly issued another adjacent room which was fine! Both AC control knobs were missing in my friends' room and the AC could not be operated, second room was acceptable. Clean bathrooms with nice showers and good water pressure. A good nights sleep was had and a nice complimentary breakfast enjoyed despite the frustration and inconvenience. With a Hotel coupon and the same good price I would probably return even if it is foreign owned.

Room Tip: Be sure to promptly inspect your room after checking in!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Lexington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Facility was convenient to the Interstate and plenty of places to eat close by. Room small and air conditioning just adequate. Breakfast area and items to select from could be improved upon. OK for a one night stop over, but wouldn't want to spend more than one night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Lexington/Winchester Rd? Share your experiences!