“visiting friends at event” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #44 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Knoxville, Tennessee
“visiting friends at event”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Everything was great the only thing that would be helpful is if the front desk had phone chargers just in case a person loses theirs. I lost mine while out and had no way to recharge my phone. I know its the extra mile but I was in a pinch and another customer had an extra one for me to use.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We chose to have a one night staycation in Lexington at the Ramada Lexington North because of good experiences that we've had there in the past. This definitely wasn't the case on this visit.

First of all, we got to the hotel and the price of the room had jumped 20 dollars from when I had contacted them prior.

The main reason that we chose this property is because of the fact that they used to have a very nice hot tub, sauna and pool area. The pool area is still very nice but the hot tub is gone and the sauna area is bolted shut. The kids did enjoy the pool but it would have been nice for my husband and I to have been able to soak in the hot tub.

As far as the room goes, it was comfortable and quite large. However, it was quite dated as well. The tub was slow to drain and I noticed several cracked tiles around the tub. The television was an older television and the WIFI was extremely slow.

We planned to sleep until nearly time to check out but housekeeping had other plans and began knocking on our door every hour starting at 8 in the morning and check out time isn't until noon. We will not be having another staycation here.

Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I stayed at this motel because of needing to have a place to rest after spending all day at a hospital there in town with my husband, who had been hospitalized, at that point, for 2 months. I was tired. The drive was killing me, and my cars.
When I was driving from home (Frenchburg) into Lexington, I had time while sitting in traffic to begin exploring possible hotels to stay in that would honor a "hospital rate". I had previously stayed at another motel closer to where I needed to be for the prior two weeks, and while it was fine, I had hoped for an easier access room, etc.
I found a listing through Trivago for a Ramada Inn, in Lexington, with an advertised rate of $50 per night for that night, and the following few that I knew I would need.
I telephoned the hotel, spoke to a desk clerk, asked if he would honor that advertised rate, and he said, without hesitation, that he would be happy to do so.
Great!
I drove there, registered, requesting a room close to an exit door that would be easy for me to get in and out of, as I usually carried not only my purse, but my computer bag, and a few other small things with me every day to the hospital where my husband had been for over 2 months at that time.
That was fine- I got the room I needed, and I thought I got it at the PRICE I needed, and everything was all set.
No sooner than I got into the room, the MANAGER called, and tells me that that he could not POSSIBLY give me that room at that rate.
Well, here I was- low on money already, and this hotel has already of course, pre-authorized my card. Couldn't use the money on it if I'd wanted to, naturally, for the amount that they put in.
I took my phone, went all the way back down to the desk, showed him the page, then he says, or that's for the OTHER one. There IS no other one!!!!!!!!! As it finally turned out, he gave me the room for $5 more per night, EXCEPT for Friday and Saturday, where he charged me an additional $15 per night.
If I had had the money to rent another one, I'd have left right away. I was NOT happy about it. In the situtaion I was in, there really wasn't anything else I could do.
So- throughout the stay- first, the card reader on the door that allowed me into that hall broke. I would park right in front of the window to my room, but had to walk a long distance to get to another door, that would allow me to get into that hall, to get to my room. Mentioned it to the desk clerks several times. Nothing got done. I finally called the morning before I was to check out the next day and told them look- the light fixture cover in the bathroom CRASHED to the floor in the middle of the night, there was a MOUSE chewing on something behind the refrigerator in the room (which, by the way, had no freezer). the door key lock still hadn't been fixed, the maid service wasn't cleaning the room like I'd requested- etc.
That evening, the door lock was working, the light fixture was fixed, but it was all a little too late.
I checked out and went on home, accepting that sure, sometimes things happen. I'd give them another chance.
Please read my next review on this motel to see what happened next. UGH!

Room Tip: Don't tell them you're happy with the room right away.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We made a one night stop at this Ramada on our way to TN. We arrived at 11:30 PM for a quick rest from the 9 hour long trip. A few hours after we left I discovered I had left my daughter's American Girl doll in her bed. All of us Mom's can relate....got all the kids, snacks, pillows, bags....my hands were over full. I quickly realized my error and called immediately. Well, guess what? There is a staff member at this location with a pretty excited little girl. While I understand it was my error, that is no excuse for the theft of a personal item of this nature. It is no different then a security blanket for my little girl. The lack of professionalism and rudeness by this staff was indescribable. My brother and I were hung up on multiple times without provocation but rather a reasonable explanation of why the management felt any amount of due diligence was necessary.

• Stayed August 2014
Rock Island, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The room was spacious and comfortable. The air conditioner was QUIET and kept the room very comfortable. We spent 3 nights here (Sat-Tues) and were very happy with the accommodations. The breakfast was a good assortment (cereals, toaster products, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, fruit, yogurt, sweet rolls etc) served in a restaurant so no jockeying for tables, plenty of room! This will definitely be our go-to hotel from now on when visiting family here in Lexington.

Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

rooms were clean and the breakfast was great and real good the lady taking care of the kitchen was very friendly as a matter of fact everyone we came in contact with was friendly and helped anyway they could assist you
Would recommend it to friends

Room Tip: all rooms were good
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This hotel is old and dirty. We got to our room and it was deadbolted open upon first arrival. This is gave us a very uncomfortable feeling. The bathtub was clogged and there were several inches of water in the tub to start. And water ran all night long. Our sheets were not clean, there were dirty marks and many many "hairs" in the bed. The side door at the end of the hall does not lock properly and anyone could have had access to our room. Housekeeping then knocked on our door at 8:30 am. This was a horrible horrible place. I would never go back, I rate it a 1 out of 10. Now I know why it was $60/night. However we picked it because the reviews online rated it 3.5/5. Are this people stupid?

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Lexington North Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!