You added Ramada Lexington North Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ranked #47 of 69 Hotels in Lexington
Ohio
“Surprise!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I stayed at this motel because of needing to have a place to rest after spending all day at a hospital there in town with my husband, who had been hospitalized, at that point, for 2 months. I was tired. The drive was killing me, and my cars.
When I was driving from home (Frenchburg) into Lexington, I had time while sitting in traffic to begin exploring possible hotels to stay in that would honor a "hospital rate". I had previously stayed at another motel closer to where I needed to be for the prior two weeks, and while it was fine, I had hoped for an easier access room, etc.
I found a listing through Trivago for a Ramada Inn, in Lexington, with an advertised rate of $50 per night for that night, and the following few that I knew I would need.
I telephoned the hotel, spoke to a desk clerk, asked if he would honor that advertised rate, and he said, without hesitation, that he would be happy to do so.
Great!
I drove there, registered, requesting a room close to an exit door that would be easy for me to get in and out of, as I usually carried not only my purse, but my computer bag, and a few other small things with me every day to the hospital where my husband had been for over 2 months at that time.
That was fine- I got the room I needed, and I thought I got it at the PRICE I needed, and everything was all set.
No sooner than I got into the room, the MANAGER called, and tells me that that he could not POSSIBLY give me that room at that rate.
Well, here I was- low on money already, and this hotel has already of course, pre-authorized my card. Couldn't use the money on it if I'd wanted to, naturally, for the amount that they put in.
I took my phone, went all the way back down to the desk, showed him the page, then he says, or that's for the OTHER one. There IS no other one!!!!!!!!! As it finally turned out, he gave me the room for $5 more per night, EXCEPT for Friday and Saturday, where he charged me an additional $15 per night.
If I had had the money to rent another one, I'd have left right away. I was NOT happy about it. In the situtaion I was in, there really wasn't anything else I could do.
So- throughout the stay- first, the card reader on the door that allowed me into that hall broke. I would park right in front of the window to my room, but had to walk a long distance to get to another door, that would allow me to get into that hall, to get to my room. Mentioned it to the desk clerks several times. Nothing got done. I finally called the morning before I was to check out the next day and told them look- the light fixture cover in the bathroom CRASHED to the floor in the middle of the night, there was a MOUSE chewing on something behind the refrigerator in the room (which, by the way, had no freezer). the door key lock still hadn't been fixed, the maid service wasn't cleaning the room like I'd requested- etc.
That evening, the door lock was working, the light fixture was fixed, but it was all a little too late.
I checked out and went on home, accepting that sure, sometimes things happen. I'd give them another chance.
Please read my next review on this motel to see what happened next. UGH!

Room Tip: Don't tell them you're happy with the room right away.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We made a one night stop at this Ramada on our way to TN. We arrived at 11:30 PM for a quick rest from the 9 hour long trip. A few hours after we left I discovered I had left my daughter's American Girl doll in her bed. All of us Mom's can relate....got all the kids, snacks, pillows, bags....my hands were over full. I quickly realized my error and called immediately. Well, guess what? There is a staff member at this location with a pretty excited little girl. While I understand it was my error, that is no excuse for the theft of a personal item of this nature. It is no different then a security blanket for my little girl. The lack of professionalism and rudeness by this staff was indescribable. My brother and I were hung up on multiple times without provocation but rather a reasonable explanation of why the management felt any amount of due diligence was necessary.

• Stayed August 2014
Rock Island, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The room was spacious and comfortable. The air conditioner was QUIET and kept the room very comfortable. We spent 3 nights here (Sat-Tues) and were very happy with the accommodations. The breakfast was a good assortment (cereals, toaster products, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, fruit, yogurt, sweet rolls etc) served in a restaurant so no jockeying for tables, plenty of room! This will definitely be our go-to hotel from now on when visiting family here in Lexington.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

rooms were clean and the breakfast was great and real good the lady taking care of the kitchen was very friendly as a matter of fact everyone we came in contact with was friendly and helped anyway they could assist you
Would recommend it to friends

Room Tip: all rooms were good
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This hotel is old and dirty. We got to our room and it was deadbolted open upon first arrival. This is gave us a very uncomfortable feeling. The bathtub was clogged and there were several inches of water in the tub to start. And water ran all night long. Our sheets were not clean, there were dirty marks and many many "hairs" in the bed. The side door at the end of the hall does not lock properly and anyone could have had access to our room. Housekeeping then knocked on our door at 8:30 am. This was a horrible horrible place. I would never go back, I rate it a 1 out of 10. Now I know why it was $60/night. However we picked it because the reviews online rated it 3.5/5. Are this people stupid?

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

The hotel and rooms are very clean and nice. They provide the expected amenities such as soap, shampoo, towels and coffee makers, great showers, plus refrigerator, microwave, desk and free wifi. It seems odd to mention soap, shampoo and towels but I have recently been to hotels that do not provide all of that for the same price as the Ramada. Free hot breakfast is a big plus, not a cold continental. Also they have pool, gym, laundry, putting green, shuffleboard, an outdoor cabana and other extra bonuses. All that for the price is awesome.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Lexington North Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!