“some good some bad” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #43 of 66 Hotels in Lexington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Where do I start? I knew it was not going to be a great place to stay when we had to step over the remnants of what appeared to be vomit outside the door to the room. Inside we soon discovered that the telephone did not work, the outlets were worn and nothing would stay plugged in, the bathroom door would not shut, and the sink faucet too two hands and some tugging to get it to turn on. The sheets on the bed smelled clean, but were so worn as to almost be threadbare. The room had been converted from a thermostatically controlled heat system to one of those impossible to control window units.

The next morning we got up and headed to the free breakfast buffet. Other than not many choices, the restaurant was totally unheated except for some miniature heaters on the buffet bar. By the time we got our food to the table it was already cold.

It really is a shame because the place is beautifully appointed and apparently was quite a nice place at one time in the past. It has been neglected for a long, long time. It says it is a convention center, but I cannot imagine staying there for any length of time for any type of convention other than one where you learned how NOT to take care of a hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
mskaty, General Manager at Ramada Lexington North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to notify me concerning your stay at the Ramada Conference Center, your comments concerning our facilities and services are greatly appreciated. It is comments from our valued customers that insure the management and staff of the Ramada Conference Center continue to do our best to provide well maintained facilities and friendly, efficient, courteous service.

I have spoken with our executive housekeeper and our maintenance supervisor concerning the issues that you had with your room. The morning after your stay we did find crumbles of what appeared to be cookies or chips on the hallway carpet, but we found no vomit. Both of them have assured me that all the issues have been corrected. I only wish you had let us know as soon you checked in and we would have moved you to another room right a way.

Our full breakfast buffet is not free, but was included in the cost of your room. I am not sure what you mean by not many choices on our buffet. Our buffet includes, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, fried apples, grits, gravy and biscuits, toast, assorted cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruits, bagels, muffins and Danish, 3 juices choices, coffee and 2 favors of cappuccino. Our dining was cool the morning of your breakfast because we are installing a new HVAC unit and it was not up and running that morning, thus the reason the for portable heaters.

We are continually updating our facilities, in the past year we installed new carpet in all of the guest rooms and meeting rooms, new wall finishes in all our hallways and meeting rooms. We are now in the process of installing new vanities and lighting fixtures in the guest room bathrooms.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your thoughts and concerns and please know they are being addressed.

Katy Stephenson
GM
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Where to start? this place is NOT for seniors, must go up and down stairs every few feet. Just a handful of steps then landing, then another set of steps..No elevator? Quaint=old! I reserved a room here, for location, but moreso for indoor heated pool (was NOT heated) and for restaurant/bar access. I arrived a bit later than expected and was told the rest/bar CLOSES at 8:30pm...gave me about 20 minutes to find it and order! Small area inside bar for all. Had fish, was tasty, but could not relax or enjoy as place was closing, ALSO a bit overpriced...one glass of pino grigio/fish dinner-$32.00. Place is old, and needs renovations, clerk was not at desk..twice when I needed them. Bed was very comfortable, and room was quiet, but someone's dog barked--- and when I told desk..they said" we know". I don't know what that means? Breakfast was very nice, lots of choices and cute dining area..w/stained glass windows separating seating. No attendant in dining room..and also once I loaded my car - I returned to REfill coffee (11:15 am) doors were chained shut. Biggest letdown was the pool, I ended up coming back to where I began*my search for POOL?).. to bring desk clerk with me to FIND it...my guess is-the pool is approx. 1/2 mile from the front desk...unbelievable..and HIDDEN. It was also too cold to stay in very long...Staff made an adjustment on my bill in AM, but made it clear they mostly have Business people and do FILL all 140 rooms? I would not stop here again.

Room Tip: IF you want to swim....ask IF heater is on?? and get a room in the BACK/LOWER section.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to review our facilities. Your thoughts and comments will help us make improvements to our facilities over the next year.

Have a wonderful holiday season.

Katy Stephenson
GM

Been to Ramada Lexington North Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Lexington North Hotel and Conference Center

Address: 2143 North Broadway, Lexington, KY 40505
Location: United States > Kentucky > Lexington
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #43 of 66 Hotels in Lexington
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Lexington North Hotel and Conference Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Lexington North Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Hotel Lexington
Lexington Ramada
Ramada Lexington

If you own or manage Ramada Lexington North Hotel and Conference Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.