“Great Location, but needs updating” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #37 of 68 Hotels in Lexington
“Great Location, but needs updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This isn't the first time I've stayed at this Sleep Inn.... Kind of out dated, but the staff is wonderful! The room was very clean. The breakfast wasn't good at all. We stayed here during the Sweet 16 tournament and it was surprisingly quiet.
When we stayed here several years ago it was VERY nice...
The location is great...close to good restaurants and shopping!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MTorok82, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking time to respond to our survey. Your feedback is a vital tool for us when making changes and updates to our property. It allows us the opportunity to meet as well as exceed the expectations of our guests. We will be going through a property refresh later this year. We hope you will be able to return to experience all of the changes and updates we will be installing. We look forward to assisting you with future reservations.

Thank you!
Sleep Inn
859-543-8400

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Where to start? Convenient location in a nice area. But the room I was given smelled like an unclean ashtray. The smell of cigarettes hit me the minute I opened the door. Dirty carpet with cigarette burns. Had to open the window to try to air the place out, but was worried the broken screen would fall out. As I type this my eyes are red, irritated, and dried out from just being in the room. Which doesn't help me see the tiniest TV I have ever seen in a hotel room. Laying in the bed it feels like I need binoculars to see the TV, which is ironic being that this is the tiniest hotel room I have been in for this amount of money. Every time I sit on the bed it sounds like it is about to collapse as something seems broken in the box spring and makes a terribly loud noise.

The reviews seemed good before I booked, so I don't know if they just gave me the worst room they had because I booked with Priceline. And I wasn't expecting a palace, but for the money I was expecting better than this.

Overall this place stinks. Literally.

• Stayed March 2014
MTorok82, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hello. First I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey. This does help us to improve in the areas we need the most help in. I understand that the room felt small, unfortunately, some of our rooms are smaller than others. I assure you we do not designate those particular rooms solely for priceline or hotels.com guests. As for the carpet we are aware of the stains and markings in some of the rooms. We did have a large group in house and we may have been limited on which rooms were able to be rented. We will however, be going through the second tear of our Choice Brand Refresh. The carpets will be replaced during that time, as well as various other upgrades to the rooms. It is always our goal to provide excellent services in our hotel and the fact that we did not do so is unacceptable to me personally. I hope that this current stay does not hinder your decision to stay with us in the future. If you do decide to come back to our hotel please feel free to contact me directly to make your reservation.

Thank you again for your valuable time.
Have a great day!

Lexington, KY. 40509
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed a few days here at this hotel. The bed was uncomfortable. Carpet had stains on them all over the floir. I asked for another room and those carpets were stained. I stayed because I was exhausted from driving 14 hours straight.

Only good thing about this place was the Breakfast. I was shocked. They had a nice selection. You can make your own waffles. Fresh fruit and yogurt too.

Restaurants all over the area within walking distance.

Place needs some major renovating. Price is way too high for this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
MTorok82, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your response to our survey. I do apologize for the condition of the carpet in your room. Unfortunately, the carpets have seen some wear and tear, however, we will be renovating all of our rooms this year. The carpets will be replaced as well as various other refresh changes. We hope that this experience does not hinder your decision to stay with us in the future. We look forward to your return and more feed back regarding our updates to the property. We know your time is valuable so thank you for taking a few moments to assist us with the information we need to provide excellent service to our guests. Have a great day!

stewie008
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sleep Inn while on a shopping vacation to Lexington. We were very pleasantly surprised at the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the hotel and the great location. This was during the week of February 4, 2014 and most of Kentucky got quite a bit of snow. The Sleep Inn's parking lot was cleared off nicely, so no problems getting from our car into the hotel. The desk clerk was extremely helpful with directions and dining suggestions. Thanks for recommending Malone's for dinner. Great place and great food! Our room had everything we needed with coffee pot, fridge, microwave, lots of towels and comfortable beds. You are within walking distance to several restaurants and just a short drive to many more restaurants and shopping heaven, Hamburg Place. We will definitely be staying at the Sleep Inn anytime we travel to Lexington.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MTorok82, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your response to our survey. We always appreciate any feedback we can get from our guest, as it helps us to improve all around. Our goal is to always provide excellent service to all our our guests and we are happy to know we have done so for you. We look forward to your return in the future.

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I travel to Lexington for work frequently and have stayed at the Sleep Inn many times. The staff is very courteous, accomodating, and outgoing. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. There is a vast selection of restaurants within walking distance. I have stayed at this location in excess of 50 times and I have honestly never once had an issue of any kind. Working on the road and staying in various hotels in many different cities, I can tell you this is an amazing accomplishment. Of all the hotels I visit on a frequent basis, I can say this is the best.

Room Tip: The third floor contains smoking rooms, so if you don't like the smell of smoke I would request...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MTorok82, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
We thank you so very much for your responses to our survey. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service at Sleep Inn and we appreciate you sparing a few minutes of your valuable time to help us improve on our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Sincerly

Director of Operations @ Sleep Inn
Toledo Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

One of our drivers stays here all week long and returns to Ohio for the weekends. I got held up and could not make it out of Lexington, so our driver suggested this hotel. I was very pleased with everything. The staff was very friendly and check in was quick. The room was very clean with coffe pot,fridge, nice TV. It was comfortable with plenty of bath towels. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up and they give you enough pillows. When I had to check out at 1am the front desk young lady was very friendly and check out was quick. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 1 night. The hotel is nice-enough for a short stay. The rooms were clean, but slightly small. Breakfast was alright, definitely not the best I have had at a hotel but not the worst. The staff was very friendly though. The walls are thin and you can hear people in the hall and next door, but luckily they were quiet at night. The rooms are very dark though, even with all the lights on and the hallways are poorly lit. The bed was stiff and I woke up with a lot of back pain. The hotel is very close to a lot restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!