You added Crossland Economy Studios - Lexington - Patchen Village to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Lexington - Patchen Village
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2750 Gribben Drive, Lexington, KY 40517 (Formerly Extended Stay America)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #53 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
All Over
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Wow, this place is so bad that I'm embarrassed to admit I stayed here. The staff doesn't care about appearance, there is a horrible stink and its crumbling everywhere.

I had to go to several rooms before the clerk was able to get me a room that had been prepped. The second room looked like housekeeping had quit in the middle of the job.

Did I mention the stench?

On the bright side, the TV worked....

Sleep in your car before coming here would be my recommendation.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Lexington - Patchen Village, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that your room had some items in need of repair and others that you saw were unclean. While this is not the norm, I am going to be working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and have our maintenance staff make repairs in your room as needed. As well, our maintenance staff is looking into the odor you commented on and will be eliminating it as soon as possible.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future so we can show you our enhanced efforts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Entire hotel needs complete overhaul. Sour and heavy smoke odor throughout.
All steps ..no ramps for luggage. Security door does not always work late at night.
I would not recommend at all. I will say staff friendly.

• Stayed July 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I recently moved to Lexington and my place was not ready so i chose and extended stay for the convenience of the Kitchen and the reasonable price. The spacious and clean the staff was very nice and accomodating. Very conveniently located to stores and restaurants. I enjoyed my stay very much and would stay again.

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker the top floor rooms are the best.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Lexington - Patchen Village, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Lydia - Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am so glad that we were able to make your move to Lexington a little easier by providing you with a great room at a great rate. As well, I am happy that you found our staff to be very nice and accommodating.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope you will let us know if we can be of service to you in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Purchased through Priceline for $37...2 star for Man O' War/Patchen Village area. Previous reviewer hit the nail on the head. It is just old. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and shower worked great. It was actually more room than I needed for a quick one night stay. Staff was good. It just needs some fresh paint and new furnishings.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Lexington - Patchen Village, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and that our staff were able to take such great care of you.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and hope to have you in one of our hotels again.
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was in Lexington to start our family's relocation process. This Extended Stay is conviently located off Richmond Rd and and easy drive to downtown. The service and people were very good. Staff was helpful and friendly. They informed me that this Extended Stay is the ORIGINAL Extended Stay in the U.S. It is old. It is not dirty, it is not a bad place... it is just old and in need of renovation. I would stay there again because the value is good, but it really needs new carpets and a fresh paint job.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Lexington - Patchen Village, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read your remarks about the cleanliness of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff. I do apologize that you found some areas where our hotel is in need of repair. We are working to improve these issues in the near future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional comments or conerns please reach out to me at LPV@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Stanton, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I'd like to begin with the a positive note - the staff was friendly. Some of this is on me, as I never attempted to switch rooms (it was quite late, I was tired and did not feel like hauling my luggage around any more). Without a doubt, I imagine the staff would have sought to find a more suitable room had I informed them of the condition... but, gauging from the condition of the halls and common areas (with the exception of the reception area), not sure it would have made much of a difference.

This was the dirtiest room I have ever stayed in: cigarette ashes on the toilet (had not been cleaned), multiple hairs in the tub, stains on almost every spot of the carpet, broken wood around the door and windows, heavy rust on all appliances... only the bed appeared clean. There were broken light fixtures as well (literally, a shattered lightbulb remained inside of the bedside light). The hotel provided only two small soaps and no shampoo (however, they did provide a bottle when I called to the front desk... it had been previously opened / the label was torn at the lid).

The hotel staff was nice enough and I did not feel as if I was going to get robbed; but not the best location in Lexington.

The entire hotel smelled like cigarette smoke.

If you have difficulty walking well or are handicapped (i.e., having to use crutches, a cane or a wheelchair, etc.) then this is absolutely not the hotel for you. The only way to get to the front desk is by traversing up a set of stairs. Further, once inside the hotel, you must travel up another set of stairs to get to ANY floor (even the first floor - odd design). There are no elevator options, rather, a spiraling staircase to the bottom or top floor... that was a lot of fun to lug the luggage through. The only other option is to go back down the stairs with your luggage, get back in your vehicle drive to the rear of the building, and do it all over again. Again, if you are having difficulty with walking in the first place, this poses a problem.

On the positive side, I did hear dogs barking at night... thus, if you are traveling with a friendly, four-footed companion, I guess they are allowed in the rooms. Apparently, you don't even have to take them outside to use the bathroom, as no additional scent or unique floor stains could possibly be added by your pet.

Without a doubt, I would never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Lexington - Patchen Village, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I apologize that the room was not clean upon check-in, that our in-room amenities did not meet your expectations and you were disturbed by noises throughout the night. We would have been happy to change your room for you; however, I am saddened that there was a need for it. As well, as you found, we do keep amenities behind the front desk for guests upon request. These are distributed to all guests so sometimes they get multiple uses depending on the item. Lastly, our hotel is pet friendly so the sounds might have been pets with guests of the hotel. Still, I will work on finding new ways of reducing these sounds moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at lpv@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Worst place I have ever stayed it was just nasty the bathrooms were dirty the door. Looked as if was broken into and the only good thing was the staff but the problems were out of there controll I was glad to leave

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Lexington - Patchen Village? Share your experiences!