“Very Nice Stay at this hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #34 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Dayton
“Very Nice Stay at this hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

From the moment I walked into the hotel, there was a welcome feeling. I arrived at 9:30pm , and the front desk person greeted me with a smile. My room was VERY clean, and I had a great nights sleep. The fitness room meet all my needs, and they feed me breakfast even though it was not during thier breakfast hours.....what a nice way to start a long day of meetings. Thanks to everyone who made my stay a VERY nice one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel is dated, the desk clerk was not overly friendly and the pool is too cold to enjoy. The hot tub is still out of service. They allow pets but are not what I would call pet friendly. Many of the tv channels do not work either. During a cross country trip we have stayed at multiple Comfort Suites and this is by far the worst. At $90.+ a night plus a $40. Pet fee it is not worth it. Stay somewhere else. Comfort Suites should reconsider their name associated with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We discovered two charges on our account from this hotel and upon speaking with the hotel registration we were told there was a "broken lamp" in our room when the maid entered to clean. We certainly did not break a lamp and had we of we would have reported it to the front desk! They refuse to remove the charge from our account. We also were disturbed by housekeeping twice prior to checking out. We checked in our room after a full day of activities around 2 am and were wakened by housekeeping twice even with a do not disturb sign on the dooe as they not only knocked on the door but actually attempted to open it. Will not stay here again after being charged for a broken item we are absolutely certain was intact when we departed the room!

• Stayed February 2013
AMBER K, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hello 73dh,

Thank you for staying with us, I am so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me, and those charges have been credited to your account as promised. Please call me if you do not see this credit reflected on your account. We hope you reconsider staying with us in the future.

Amber Keaton
Williamsburg, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

First off, I paid extra for this room and drove further out of my way to stay here because the following day I was having surgery and I wanted to enjoy a hottub for the night which it advertised as having. After I got there and check in, we noticed it was covered and apparently being taken out of service. The girl at the front desk new we ere frusterated but what could we do..Then, we went to our room, I opened the door an inch and was blasted with an awful cigarette smell. My husband finished opening the door and couldn't believe it himself. In the elevator on the way back downstairs, he said he could still smell it in his nose. The clerck at the frontdesk said she could spray it but there were now other rooms available. Note that this was supposed to be a nonsmoking room and had the sign on the door for no smoking. And it did not smell like someone just had a cigarette in there, it smelled like someone had lived in there who smoked for years. We had no choice but to stay there. There was a basketball game in town and no rooms anywhere. I had to sleep with the window open.(it was 20-30) degrees outside and my clothes all smelled like cigarette smoke at the hospital during my surgery the next day. They never offered me anything, or to speak with a manager, nothing..Today I wll make some phone calls. It's pretty bad when I would have rathered slept in the lobby. If it wasn't so cold I would hae slept in my vehicle.

Room Tip: Room was clean besides the smell.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandi M, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hello Carrie M.

I apologize that you were not satisfied with your recent stay at our location. As a 100% non-smoking property, I assure you the smoke smell in the room is not a typical experience at our hotel, and I regret that your room did not meet our standards. I also apologize that we were unable to notify you prior to your arrival that we were undergoing renovations in our pool area.

Thank you for calling and speaking with me about your concerns. I hope that our resolution was satisfactory. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 859-296-4446. We hope that you will give us another chance to impress you on your next trip to Lexington.

Brandi Montgomery
Assistant General Manager
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Super helpful staff, very friendly. Close to the airport. Rooms were clean. Breakfast was far beyond my expectations! I would gladly stay here again. If you're a shopper, there's not too much within walking distance! There's an Applebees across the street, a gas station with convenience store and a little strip mall close by. Seemed like a very safe area as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I, and our three english greyhounds, stayed at the Comfort Suites in Lexington, KY, during our move across country. Not only did they provide a warm and friendly greeting to us at 10:00PM local time, but they also gave us complimentary doggie treat bags of milkbones and pick-up bags... exactly what we needed to have foremost! We were impressed with how well thought-out this reception was for people traveling with their pets. Not only that, but we were given a room at the end of the first floor, near the exit - which made the late night and early morning "outings" quite handy. The room was clean and very quiet - we (all) slept very well and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Leesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were traveling cross country with two cats. First and foremost they were most pleasant about having our kitties. They ensured our accommodations were what we expected. Front desk clerk was outstanding. If passing through we will definitely stay again with or without our cats. Good location as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!