“Excellent hostess” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swann's Nest Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Swann's Nest Bed and Breakfast
You added Swann's Nest Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
3463 Rosalie road, Lexington, KY 40510   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Lexington B&B and Inns
South Carolina
“Excellent hostess”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

I have stayed in dozens of B&B across America and Britain, and Swann's Nest is one of the best. What made it really special to us was how gracious the hostess and her associates are. Most innkeepers are nice, but not overly warm or friendly. Rosalie and her friends went out of their way to make us feel at home - asking what we liked to, making suggestions, printing directions and making reservations - truly top flight concierge service. I am a sociable type and enjoy meeting and talking with them and my fellow travellers. We had a great time crashing their cookout! They have a genuine love of the business ad the customers that shows through.
The B&B itself is very nice - all the rooms are different; some have baths and some do not. The common rooms are huge and comfortable - perfect for drinking wine and watching a movie.
We are not smokers, but were not overly bothered by any lingering odors. (I actually did not notice until someone mentioned it)

• Stayed April 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
arcanum, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2007

Swann's Nest was recommended to us and we enjoyed our stay very much. This is the ideal place for the ultimate horse lover! You are just a horsetail away from Keeneland and many other horse farms. We spent the morning with Mary Ann Squires, who offers a variety of horse tours. We took the 2-hour private tour and she left us enlightened and wanting more. Rosalie, the inn owner, was very pleasant and a real joy to talk with. Her place sits amongst rolling hills and grazing horses. The house is comfortable and an enjoyable place to relax whether you are reading a book, snoozing, enjoying the grounds, or talking over breakfast. If you ask, they will even make your dinner reservations for you at 'Murray's' a town favorite. Our dinner was excellent and a great recommendation from Rosalie and her staff. We had a wonderful time, fulfilled some dreams, and look forward to our return.

Stayed January 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2005

I chose this B&B from the web for a one night stay. The location is wonderful. Adjacent to Keeneland Track and the horse farms you can tour M-F like Calumett. The house is well off the road and sits amidst miles of rolling horse farms. It is spacious and the hosts were most helpful and gracious. Our room was a comfortable king overlooking a beautiful garden with a balcony. We had a beautiful spring morning to walk for miles along the quiet roads that divide the farms and the horses will come to the fences to greet you. Two drawbacks to be aware of that were not made known to me: 1)The owner, and I think her family members, smoke. The minute I walked in the door I could smell years of it despite the burning candles. It permeated my suitcase and was obviously blowing through the vents. If you are a smoker you will feel welcomed. Personally, I felt trapped and was not comfortable telling her I would not stay because of it. 2) The kitchen area was open, like a regular home, with a snack bar available. Breakfast was offered but with her family members gathered around the table I felt like we were intruding. The breakfast component of the B&B needs work here. If you are a smoker you will love this place, if not, look elsewhere. Next visit we'll be at Silver Springs.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Swann's Nest Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!