“Run down” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #55 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
“Run down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Not a bad place to stay. The room was pretty run down. The hotel needs some updates definitely. However, the staff was very helpful and friendly. Told us all the best places to eat and drink. Won't be staying here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LexingtonManager, Manager at Quality Inn Northwest, responded to this review, April 7, 2015
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing the survey you received regarding your stay at our hotel. As a management team, we strive for ultimate guest satisfaction, and check all surveys so that we may always improve on guest satisfaction. We appreciate the comments you have shared with us, so that we may always improve upon our hotel and services.

If there is ever anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Park Ridge, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The best thing is it is 1.2 miles from some great bars and restaurants. Oh and the breakfast was good and fresh. The office needs to get cleaned up, painted and new carpets. Please wash the windows. The room was clean, a bit musty smelling and could also have used some paint. The exterior really needs some paint and maintenance. The staff was very attentive and did a good job so why doesn't the owner/operator provide them some help with a little updating.
I will try to find a better choice next time.

Room Tip: Second floor in the back away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience with our hotel I sincerely apologize for the issues you had. I did address this with my team and as we work hard on our property we will use your suggestions to improve. I apologize for the inconveniences that you received while you were here. We look for our guest input to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the area we would love for you to stop back again. Thank you.
Oak Hill, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Put your money back in your pocket, because this property is NOT a bargain. Checked into a handicapped accessible room which appeared from the exterior to be a converted storage locker, not welcoming in the least. The odor in the room would knock you over; damp, mildew or urine. Stained carpet that look to be the original from 1974, including the hot iron imprint that stood the test of time. Shabby, and very old bedspreads rescued from a Goodwill sell out. Promptly returned to the office and was offered another ground level room at my request, and the odor was so bad, I couldn't get the smell out of my nostrils 40 miles later. Now that's BAD. Even the swimming pool under it's raunchy, shredded, raggedy cover had shed it tiles in an effort to depart ASAP.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the smell of your guest room and bathroom, I sincerely apologize for this. These are two of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately what people are saying is pretty accurate.
Chairs in the room stained. The beds aren't a real Queen size. Awful smell in the room.
Customer service was good and decent complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014

Goodrich, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Even though it was a bit outdated, this motel was clean and basic. The man at the front desk was very helpful when he gave us a card and said to call if we got lost coming and going to dinner! The granite tub surround, counter tops, and bed lights were new, but the furniture was a bit older and chipped. The mattress was comfortable, and the room wasn't musty. All in all, not a bad deal for the money.

Room Tip: We were told that since all Comfort Inns were going to be enclosed motels, the pull-up types were go...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
LexingtonManager, Manager at Quality Inn Northwest, responded to this review, March 31, 2015
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We work hard to make sure each of our guests have the best stay possible. I hope to see you again next time you are in town!
Beaverton,Mi.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed in the handicap room . It was very nice and clean . Away from the other rooms, so you have privacy. It is down the road from the pricier motels. The breakfast was all right, they could have had some scrambled eggs to go with the bacon. The room was accessible. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Mostly I would stay again because the price was right. We have stayed here years ago and it was good than.

Room Tip: Hand-cap rooms are very private.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa Lake, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I can't understand how this place could be acceptable to anyone. I will post some photos that should prove my point. It was smelly, moldy, outdated to say the least and just plain nasty.
We paid $79 after taxes which was $79 too much.
Choice Hotels should be ashamed to have such a property still operating. It needs a complete renovation.
Wallpaper peeling up with mold underneath.
Ceiling peeling up
Ceiling yellowed and stained
dresser was falling apart and looked like it hadn't been moved in years.
Room smelled bad and heater was so loud and smelled bad so we turned it off.
There were really bad stains on the chairs and the carpet was disgusting.
I could go on but you get the picture.
Breakfast was what you would expect. Limp microwave bacon, stale pastries and bagels. The waffle machine and some fruit and cereal. Nothing special.
I am baffled by any positive reviews. I unfortunately believed them and wasted my money not to mention risking my health.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room at this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family