“Perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Long Island, New York
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The rooms are nothing great. Clean and basic but the hotel has the perfect location. 12 minutes from the airport and 8 minutes to the Kentucky horse park. The food was great ! The breakfast buffet, dinner in the steakhouse and the pub menu were all superb. Also enjoyed the pool, the hot tub and the tiki bar. Drinks were very reasonable at the tiki bar. It was the perfect get away from all the craziness.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 nights at this Marriott property. These things standout in my recollection:
- our checkin process with Josh. Not only was our room ready several hours early he also helped us to reserve an extra night.
- we loved the outdoor pool and nice pool bar service
- even though the hotel was completely booked with families doing various horse related events it never felt hectic or impersonal
- the cooler of bottled water on ice was present 24x7 at the covered entrance near the valet
- the Thann toiletries were awesome

Will highly recommend and stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Ararat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I can't say anything bad about the motel we stayed on the third floor room was nice and clean the staff was friendly they had a nice quiet place but the best thing was the pool it was very nice it had a large 3ft area which was great for my kid and the indoor pool was nice to

Stayed July 2014
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed here for 4 days in late June whilst visiting UK. Large Marriott but felt very homely. Manages to squeeze in a dip in the outside pool and relax a little- very nice! Rooms spacious and well equipped as you would expect. Lots of space inside to sit and work or just relax. Great service in the bar and restaurant and generally very friendly staff. If I'm back on town it's my destination of choice!

Stayed June 2014
Downers Grove, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed at this beautiful resort for one evening this July (wish we would have had more time for a longer stay)!! We accidentally left out entire family's swimwear… I called the resort after we were home and spoke to Josh at the front desk. He was very helpful in locating our "lost and found" items. I then received a call from Dave Johnson In Shipping & Receiving and he offered to 2-Day FedEx my items back to me. What amazing service I received for something that was admittedly my mistake.
This resort is just beautiful and our experience with the entire staff was perfect. A must stay if you are in the Lexington area!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is an example of how a few cents and a kind gesture can cost thousands of dollars. I had a rough trip in to Lexington- arrived at 11p. I am a Marriott gold member. The shop and concierge lounge was closed. When I asked for a couple of bottles of water, the gentleman who checked me in stated that there were vending machines at the end of every hallway. Are you kidding me??? Every Marriott or any other hotel would just offer a complimentary bottle of water under the same circumstances! I don't carry a lot of change, so I had to go back out to the parking lot and search my car for change for the vending machine. NOT HAPPY!!! I have stayed here several times in the past, but this is the last time. I recommend the Hilton downtown- there is a lot more to do nearby and the rooms are about he same or nicer. I love my Marriott points, but I am VERY disappointed- enough to lose them to stay somewhere better.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GriffinGate, Manager at Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Eric H - Thank you for your review and we are genuinely very sorry for the poor judgement used by our associate upon your late night arrival. Clearly, we missed an opportunity to offer you a comforting welcome to go along with a few complimentary bottles of water. We have already followed up with the specific associate who assisted you and we want to assure you that we understand your reaction and sentiment. We believe in a strong Spirit to Serve culture and work agressively with our team to Host Brilliantly - looking for opportunities just like this to strengthen our personal connections with our guests. Eric, we hope that you will return again, and please be assured that we will be ready for you and will take extra steps to ensure you have a fantastic next experience at Griffin Gate Resort!

Dan S.
Director of Operations
Griffin Gate Resort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for about 5 days on business/pleasure. Close to several things in the area, but really has a lot on the property...a few different restaurants and a golf course beside the hotel....beds and room were nice as could be....would definitely come back

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!