“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Ararat
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I can't say anything bad about the motel we stayed on the third floor room was nice and clean the staff was friendly they had a nice quiet place but the best thing was the pool it was very nice it had a large 3ft area which was great for my kid and the indoor pool was nice to

Stayed July 2014

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for 4 days in late June whilst visiting UK. Large Marriott but felt very homely. Manages to squeeze in a dip in the outside pool and relax a little- very nice! Rooms spacious and well equipped as you would expect. Lots of space inside to sit and work or just relax. Great service in the bar and restaurant and generally very friendly staff. If I'm back on town it's my destination of choice!

Stayed June 2014
Downers Grove, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at this beautiful resort for one evening this July (wish we would have had more time for a longer stay)!! We accidentally left out entire family's swimwear… I called the resort after we were home and spoke to Josh at the front desk. He was very helpful in locating our "lost and found" items. I then received a call from Dave Johnson In Shipping & Receiving and he offered to 2-Day FedEx my items back to me. What amazing service I received for something that was admittedly my mistake.
This resort is just beautiful and our experience with the entire staff was perfect. A must stay if you are in the Lexington area!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is an example of how a few cents and a kind gesture can cost thousands of dollars. I had a rough trip in to Lexington- arrived at 11p. I am a Marriott gold member. The shop and concierge lounge was closed. When I asked for a couple of bottles of water, the gentleman who checked me in stated that there were vending machines at the end of every hallway. Are you kidding me??? Every Marriott or any other hotel would just offer a complimentary bottle of water under the same circumstances! I don't carry a lot of change, so I had to go back out to the parking lot and search my car for change for the vending machine. NOT HAPPY!!! I have stayed here several times in the past, but this is the last time. I recommend the Hilton downtown- there is a lot more to do nearby and the rooms are about he same or nicer. I love my Marriott points, but I am VERY disappointed- enough to lose them to stay somewhere better.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GriffinGate, Manager at Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Eric H - Thank you for your review and we are genuinely very sorry for the poor judgement used by our associate upon your late night arrival. Clearly, we missed an opportunity to offer you a comforting welcome to go along with a few complimentary bottles of water. We have already followed up with the specific associate who assisted you and we want to assure you that we understand your reaction and sentiment. We believe in a strong Spirit to Serve culture and work agressively with our team to Host Brilliantly - looking for opportunities just like this to strengthen our personal connections with our guests. Eric, we hope that you will return again, and please be assured that we will be ready for you and will take extra steps to ensure you have a fantastic next experience at Griffin Gate Resort!

Dan S.
Director of Operations
Griffin Gate Resort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for about 5 days on business/pleasure. Close to several things in the area, but really has a lot on the property...a few different restaurants and a golf course beside the hotel....beds and room were nice as could be....would definitely come back

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Baxter, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed at Griffin Gate while attending a conference. Standard Marriott Resort. Nicely decorated in lobby, entryways, rooms, etc. Very small and cramped room (2nd floor) - nearly intolerable with two adults and one grown child. Very little window space, small balcony over interior lobby area. Small closet area. Very small bathroom. Shower temp and water pressure were fine. No fridge or microwave in our room. Beds uncomfortable and room noisy at night due to being 'over' the interoir lobby area. Very unhappy with room given to us, but I did understand that other rooms were larger and more comfortable. Pools,hot tubs, workout room, firepit area were clean. Plenty of seating/tables in outdoor areas. Fairly quiet outdoor areas. Poolside towels available. Did not use spa services or room service. Hotel restaurant is very good, but ran about $70 + for 3 course dinner meal - too high. Breakfast came free with our room - otherwise $15.00. Good breakfast buffet and service. No shuttle service to any attractions. No attractions within walking distance. Luggage carts unavailable to public (they're kept locked up) - for bellhop use only.

Room Tip: Wide variety of rooms. Be sure of what you're getting when you make reservations.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your thoughtful review and please accept our sincere apologies for the experienced with your guest room. The week of June 30, all of our beds are being updated to Temperpedic's Cloud Supreme brand - offering a much more luxurious and softer sleeping experience. As you learned, we do have rooms that offer a little more space for families that prefer more room. Thank you for your compliments of the other areas of our resort. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Thank you staying with us and we hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance to you in the future, I hope you will let me know.

Dan S, Director of Operations
Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
dan.sirrine@marriott.com
(859) 288-6128
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed here from Thursday to Sunday for a regional business meeting to which families were invited. The pools were excellent (indoor and out) as were the rooms. Tempurpedic mattresses made for a restful night's sleep with no aching backs in the morning. My only quibble is that the bathrooms desperately need an exhaust fan. The steam from the shower quickly enveloped the room! Griffin Gate staff was friendly and helpful. The suggestions we were given for a local lunch were very different but both excellent representations of local Kentucky cuisine: The Blue Door Smokehouse and Saul Good. If you are looking for a place to stay in Lexington, I would highly recommend the Griffin Gate Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a small balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!