I stayed at this property for one night in early July. While it is a resort type property, I was not there long enough to make use of any of the more resort-like activities - spa, golf course, pools, etc.
Arrived late at night and due to the hour there was no wait at the front desk to check in. Went up to my room and while not disappointed, I wasn't impressed either. The room was clean and spacious enough, but the decor seemed out of date. The bed had a different type mattress than the usual Marriott bed, but I actually liked it just as much as the normal Mattress. I noticed that many previous reviews had complained of a small bathroom. Maybe it was just the room I was given, but my bathroom was on the larger side. While the room itself was out of date the bathroom did seem to be more modern, with marble counters and the curved shower rod. Standard Marriott bath products were provided.
I had hoped to order room service or eat something when I arrived but everything except the bar closed at 12 (you could get drinks until 1). For a hotel that calls itself a resort, it'd be nice to have some sort of late night dining option. They don't need to offer a full menu but I would have liked to have been able to order a burger or a sandwich. I did enjoy the breakfast bufet the following morning and from the other reviews, I wish I had been able to try the steakhouse on site.
I liked the decor of the common areas, which seem to have been updated much more recently than the room. Being in Kentucky, I enjoyed the horse racing theme and memorabilia which was present throughout the hotel.
Good stay, could have been great with just a few changes. I would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Griffin Gate Hotel Lexington
- Marriott Griffin Gate Hotel
- Marriott Lexington
- Lexington Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enveloped by rolling Bluegrass Country Hills, Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa is a true urban oasis, located near area highways, yet secluded enough for guests to experience scenic Lexington resort ambiance. With locally inspired decor, convenient work spaces, plush Marriott signature bedding and the latest in technology enhancements, newly renovated Lexington hotel rooms - completed in spring 2013 - blend southern hospitality with unsurpassed modern comfort. A unique hotel in Lexington, Griffin Gate provides abundant choices for events. From our golf course pavilion to the Mansion, a meticulously restored 19th century antebellum manor blending tradition and sophistication, events are a unique experience at this hotel. Play the finest greens around at the Rees Jones-designed golf course, indulge in a treatment at The Spa at Griffin Gate or relax poolside. Experience unparalleled sophistication at this spa resort and discover a resort that’s a breed above. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.