“way overrated, just a cheap rendition of what it used to be...” 1 of 5 stars

Get Credit for Your Stay
Ranked #15 of 68 Hotels in Lexington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“way overrated, just a cheap rendition of what it used to be...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed there during the Rolex three day event, which is probably the busiest time of year for the hotel. HOWEVER:
I hadn't' been in a while and they shut down the very beautiful house next door which used to hold a fab restaurant, siting "economic conditions". So we went to the in house place, which was good but very crowded. I spent 300+ for a concierge room. The conceirge floor was packed. When we arrived, there were no amenities left (no snacks, etc) same for the a m breakfast (no food was left when we got there). The rooms are SO TIRED and the balcony had NO furniture, not even a chair.
I spotted a roach. THe bed was comfortable (foam matress) but the overall congestion made the experience horrible. There are no quality restaurants near by so if you happen to be associated with the horse park, book at the marriott restaurant or you will be pretty darn sorry..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GriffinGate, Manager at Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hello Tomuchtravel,

Thank you for staying with us, and for providing your thoughtful review of our resort. As you noted, the Rolex 3 Day Event weekend is an extremely busy weekend for our property along with most other hotels in the area. I would like to apologize, though, as this seemed to have negatively impacted your full enjoyment of our resort. Our Concierge Lounge gets heavy use, and we want to ensure that everyone coming in to join us has an opportunity to enjoy the food and beverage we provide. We will do a much better job of adequately stocking this in the future. We have just completed a 1 million dollar renovation on our guest rooms so I'd like to learn more about your perception of our rooms and balconies (all of which have balcony furniture). Mentioning a "pest" in a review can be the kiss of death in many readers mind, so I would just like so say we have not had any reports, but when guests have spotted ants, etc. we have a very quick, convincing response. And we invest a great deal to ensure the highest levels of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained. Finally, our beauiful Mansion, where we provided an elegant dinner service up until a few years ago, is now open and available for groups and private catered functions (weddings, corporate dinners, recepeptions, etc.). We have had many guests ask to tour the Mansion and we are always happy to spend some time touring this unique home, built back in the 1800s.

I regret that there isn't more that I can do for you in lieu of your poor experience as a result of simply reading this review. I hope you will consider contacting me via phone or email so I learn a little more about your stay. We appreciate you staying with us and hope that you will allow us to host your stay in the future.

Kind Regards,

Dan Sirrine
Director of Operations
(859) 288-6128
dan.sirrine@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

If you live golf, swimming, & a great spa...this is the place for you! Front desk check-in was easy and very welcomng! Beautiful golf course with great employees. Ashton was willing to get cart & clean clubs with a smile & great attitude. Pool was clean & pool staff was on top of serving lunch & refilling drinks! They have 2 beautiful pools & jacuzzis (indoor & outdoor). Service & food in JW's was great! Loved our stay!

• Stayed May 2013
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Griffin Gate for a long weekend. Everything was great- the service, the location, the room, etc! I left some of my clothes in my room and realized once I got home and unpacked. I called them late that night and they quickly got back to me and had the items I left shipped out the next morning. They even called with a tracking number and I received a package with everything I left within 2 days. I was SO impressed. I will always stay at the Griffin Gate when I am in Lexington!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Service was top notch, starting with valet and check-in. Service in their restaurant was also very good.

The rooms were typical for a resort, but had very comfortable beds.

Being a resort and a weekend stay, they did have some large groups but the hotel didn't feel crowded.

I would recommend this location.

• Stayed May 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for a business conference in May and was one of the niced hotels I have stayed in in a while. No complaints here at all. Nice gym, bar, etc....rooms were perfect in every way. Golf course right out your door, what else could you want?

Memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was in town for family thing and I stayed two nights on last minute reservation. Room over looked golf course and I was actually astounded by comfort of the bed (Tempurpedic), quality of room service and just overall "we got this attitude." There were 7 wedding related events in hotel yet bar not overrun, halls not extremely loud and everyone was pleasant. Aside from being served an iced coffee in paper cup ( Starbucks, really?) I was pleased beyond measure. I needed this break after a drive. Thanks, Marriott.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Large HD TV's in room. Mini Fridge, good set up for business travelers EXCEPT THE $13 fee for the internet (only complaint). Made use of the weight room which had squeaky but overall good equipment. Hot tub was large, wish I could have made use of it but not suit...Lit tennis court and bball goal to work with. Nice property. More expensive than many but very nice stay if that isn't an issue for you.

Room Tip: Use the free lobby wireless and save the $12!