“wonderful service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Lexington
Kitchener, Canada
“wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We were part of a large group that stayed there at christmas. The room rates are very reasonable. The best thing was; my daughter left her camera behind and I contacted them and they mailed it back to me in Canada. That sort of honesty and devotion to customers doesn't exist anymore. I say when you find a place that treats you this right ; stick with it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Liberty Township, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just want to congratulate this Marriott on delightful improvements!
The lighting is bright and cheery, especially an improvement in the bathroom, which made for much better make-up application! I have to say even the shower curtain added to the light flow, allowing light to be evenly distributed throughout the bath/shower area, a major light improvement!
Colors are peaceful and relaxing.....the desk chair......a hugh difference during my few hours of desk work.
Appreciate your attention to excellence.
Always a pleasure to stay with Marriott.

Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel frequently over the past 5 years and for the past 2 nights I stayed in one of the recently renovated rooms. Major improvement in the size of the bathrooms! The room was large too and nicely appointed with a big flat screen TV, great desk chair, and new lighting with updated options. I always enjoy the Griffin Gate but this renovation made the rooms much nicer. I had a corner room which may be larger than others but great updates in general. This property also has a nice restaurant and bar, a golf course, great outdoor pool, a spa, as well as a Starbucks and gift shop in case you need to buy meds, toiletries, or specialty KY items. The staff is friendly and always accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to business travelers and families. Try the KY Butter Cake on the restaurant or room service menu. It's yummy. My only complaint was specific to the drilling noise that was going on at 4:30pm which was very disruptive and I had to go to a different part of the hotel for a conference call I was hosting. Not sure when the renovation will be complete but I will continue to stay there because of the staff and great past experiences.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been staying at this property for some time. While there are many other good options in Lexington, KY (Hilton, Hilton Suites, Embassy Suites, Hyatt, etc.) I keep coming back to the Marriott Griffin Gate due to the people at the front desk, in room keeping, in the concierge, and in top management.

They make my many stays feel like I am at home. They are proactive before my stay and when I have needs or question at other locations, they help connect me to the right people to address my needs.

Good people, a revised and revamped building, and a great grounds. I will keep coming back.

Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was the first time staying at this hotel for a conference. It is definitely a business hotel instead of one that I would stay with family. The hotel was under renovations, but I ended up getting to be the first person to stay in one of the newly renovated rooms. Here are the positive/negative items of my stay:

Positives:
* Friendly and helpful staff
* Free parking unless you do valet, which is $20. Honestly, you are better off parking the vehicle yourself and saving $$ as the valet parking was right beside the free parking.
* Bath & Body Works bath stuff was used
* Hotel requests for extra pillows/towels and fridge were met without any trouble
* Air conditioning/heat system was digitally adjustable and the room was comfortable.
* Several restaurants and gift shop/Starbucks available. If you left something home or need medicine, they have it available at the shop. If you need something of Kentucky, they have it too. Bottled pops are $2.25 whether you buy out of a machine or at the gift shop.

Negatives:
* Dimly lit parking lot for the back lot spaces. Beware of your surroundings.
* Tempur-Pedic beds were horrible and stiff. I wasn't able to get much sleep on the new bed. When I asked about any rooms without Tempur-Pedic beds, I was told there were none.
* Room smelled like fresh paint, only to find out it was due to the beds "airing out."
* Bathrooms are way too small. Beware if your neighbor is using the shower, you may not have hot water or much water pressure while taking a shower. At one point during my shower, I was surprised with scorching hot water.
* Hotel charges $12.95 for Wi-Fi internet.
* Beware of $25 per day "incidental fee" if you use a debit card. I was not told this when I checked in. They charged my entire stay plus $25/day on the first day. I discovered this when looking at my bank statement online.

Because of the very uncomfortable beds, I probably will not stay at this hotel again. The staff was friendly from the front desk to housekeeping. The rooms were very clean, yet small. If you are planning a convention or meeting, be sure to have enough chairs in the breakout rooms as many of our meetings had people standing in the back. Also, be sure to ask what floor they are renovating so you can make sure to not be above/below it while they are working on it.

There is also a spa on site that you can use even if you are not staying at the hotel. Prices are online for the various services offered.

Room Tip: They are renovating rooms, so be sure to ask what floor they are working on.
richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stumbled across this hotel while we were traveling across country from Virginia to Missouri....we were stuck in a snow storm and could not make it to our destination. We stopped at this hotel for one night....had a delicious meal in the restaurant and then relaxed in the amazing hot tub at 11:00pm at night. The beds were fantastic and the room was very comfortable....gorgeous hotel and we did not even see the surroundings.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We chose this hotel because they have a spa. We wanted to have a relaxing weekend visiting my daughter and son. The hotel is not to far from the airport and major freeways. The staff was excellent, especially Derek in the spa! We will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!