“Quiet 4th of July” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 69 Hotels in Lexington
Somerset, Kentucky
“Quiet 4th of July”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We visited Lexington on July 3-4, 2014 just to get away from the crowd on Lake Cumberland and stayed downtown at the Hyatt. We requested a quiet room on an upper floor when making the reservation. At check in they had the request and we were put on the 15th floor corner room. It was perfect, quiet and with a great view. My wife and I had a great time walking downtown and enjoying all the festivities. We had great meals, enjoyed some great fireworks both provided by the city and from our window on the 15th floor. All the staff were great and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up are usually quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey W, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We are glad that you chose our hotel for your holiday away. Lexington has many events to offer over the fourth including a parade, and fireworks downtown, and Red, White and Boom at the ballpark. It seems like the weekend was very successful.

See you next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here this past weekend and were thrilled with the location of the hotel and how clean our room was. We would definitely stay here again! This hotel is in a perfect location, central to all things Lexington.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your positive review of our hotel. As you mention the hotel is located downtown and is close to the University of Kentucky, Transylvania University, Triangle Park, shopping, and the developing restaurant district.

We hope to see you again soon.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel quite a few times in the past. The beds are comfy and the hotel rooms have been quiet. On this trip the service was TERRIBLE to say the least. Valet rates went from 10.00 to 20.00. So we pull up the valet attendant asks what we want to go to the room. As my fiancé points if out he just stands there and watched as she had to unload the bags as I keep saying let him of it it's there job. Poor service #1. Check in was extremely slow. No bellman candy the front desk person had to go outside to grab someone. So I call the hotel at 10 am way before we leave and confirm that we have a king non smoking room. We arrive at 1130 ish pm go to the room and find double beds. I call the front desk the lady is EXTREMELY rude. Now it's 530 am can't sleep. The av is on 71 and hot on here. Hope this isn't a norm or I'll start finding another place to stay.

Stayed July 2014
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues during your most recent stay. You mention that you have stayed here a number of times and have had positive experiences. We appreciate your loyalty. I will look into this further to ensure that these items are addressed for the benefit of our future guests.

We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to be of service the next time you are in Lexington.
Pinckney, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I were traveling from Michigan to the south, we prefer to stop for a night when we travel and on this trip the Hyatt Lexington is where we stayed, just for the one night but we were able to relax and recharge beautifully there. The hotel, the restaurant, the staff all were wonderful, we definitely recommend the Lexington Hyatt if you have the opportunity to stay in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey W, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. We appreciate your willingness to recommend the hotel to others that might be traveling through Kentucky. Maybe next time you can allow some additional time in your schedule to see what Lexington has to offer.

I will pass your comment about our staff along to them at our next employee event.

Safe travels!
Dearborn, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Traveled to Lexington for a conference. This Hyatt is well-located, within easy walking distance of many nice shops and restaurants downtown. Also, near a great number of historical sites (for example, Mary Todd Lincoln childhood home). The staff here was great, very helpful in every way. The breakfast food in the hotel restaurant was good. Room was nice, coffee in room was good and very helpful. Minor point: my shower had issues, tub did not drain properly, so i was standing in a bit of water while showering. Short stay though, so I just let it go. Room was a bit noisy at times, I could hear conversations in the room next to me. All things considered, a nice place, good shuttle service, staff, location. A good choice for Lexington.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your detailed review of our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issue with the tub drain and the noise from the adjoining room. Our downtown location allows easy access to the trendy restaurant district, Triangle Park, and both UK and Transylvania University. Make plans to return when you will have time to take in the many additional historical points of interest.

We hope to see you in the very near future.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt for 4 days during a conference being held at the hotel. I had an awful time actually getting there, because my flight out of Chicago was delayed by 17 hours. I wasn't able to let the hotel know I wouldn't be there for the first night of my booking until 11pm that night, so I assumed they would charge me for the night. To my delight and surprise they didn't, which I thought was extremely generous. For this alone I would recommend staying here! I can't comment on location because the conference was held in the hotel, so I didn't really leave. But the room was quiet, comfortable and clean, exactly what you would expect from the Hyatt. The shops and restaurants in the complex were all quite good. I enjoyed my stay very much.

Room Tip: Try to make sure you get a room above about the 4th floor -- others at the conference with rooms low...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We are glad that our hotel met your standards. Exceeding our guest's expectations is our goal and I am pleased that we achieved our goal with your reservation. Since you didn't get out much during your visit, we hope you will schedule some time to come back and enjoy all Lexington has to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great location in downtown-Mrs Lincoln's home is 2 blocks away--The Horse Park is a 10 min ride and well worth it..Took a bus tour of 3 off site horse farms to include the burial site of some of those famous horses--The bus stopped for some eats where I had the best fish tacos I have ever had[Walace Station]-its been on that tv show[diners and drive ins---go there for sure--everyone's food looked great!! Make sure you tour the Bourbon distilleries--I believe there are 7 of them in Kentucky--they start you out at your first one with a passport book which you get stamped at each of them you visit-once you see them all you get a commemorative t shirt-I only had 2 1/2 days there but I loved it--lots of history-would love to see a Kentucky B Ball game there someday.This is a great place to visit and I'm sure to live in!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Book early-there is a convention center attached with some nice shopping/restaurants-and Kentucky...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post about the many things to do while in Lexington. Your mentions reflect what Kentucky is known for. History, bourbon, horses, and basketball. It seems like you had a full couple of days in our area. We thank you for staying at our hotel and would love to be service again in the future.