“Conference visit” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Conference visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt for 4 days during a conference being held at the hotel. I had an awful time actually getting there, because my flight out of Chicago was delayed by 17 hours. I wasn't able to let the hotel know I wouldn't be there for the first night of my booking until 11pm that night, so I assumed they would charge me for the night. To my delight and surprise they didn't, which I thought was extremely generous. For this alone I would recommend staying here! I can't comment on location because the conference was held in the hotel, so I didn't really leave. But the room was quiet, comfortable and clean, exactly what you would expect from the Hyatt. The shops and restaurants in the complex were all quite good. I enjoyed my stay very much.

Room Tip: Try to make sure you get a room above about the 4th floor -- others at the conference with rooms low...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jeffrey W, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
We are glad that our hotel met your standards. Exceeding our guest's expectations is our goal and I am pleased that we achieved our goal with your reservation. Since you didn't get out much during your visit, we hope you will schedule some time to come back and enjoy all Lexington has to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great location in downtown-Mrs Lincoln's home is 2 blocks away--The Horse Park is a 10 min ride and well worth it..Took a bus tour of 3 off site horse farms to include the burial site of some of those famous horses--The bus stopped for some eats where I had the best fish tacos I have ever had[Walace Station]-its been on that tv show[diners and drive ins---go there for sure--everyone's food looked great!! Make sure you tour the Bourbon distilleries--I believe there are 7 of them in Kentucky--they start you out at your first one with a passport book which you get stamped at each of them you visit-once you see them all you get a commemorative t shirt-I only had 2 1/2 days there but I loved it--lots of history-would love to see a Kentucky B Ball game there someday.This is a great place to visit and I'm sure to live in!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Book early-there is a convention center attached with some nice shopping/restaurants-and Kentucky...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post about the many things to do while in Lexington. Your mentions reflect what Kentucky is known for. History, bourbon, horses, and basketball. It seems like you had a full couple of days in our area. We thank you for staying at our hotel and would love to be service again in the future.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

You can't beat the location of the Hyatt. Attached to Rupp and walking distance to downtown and UK nightlife. My only complaint is that the double twin bed rooms are small. Four people in the 2 twin room is a tight squeeze.

Breakfast buffet is very nice but pricey. Free parking on the weekend was a nice bonus

• Stayed May 2014
Jeffrey W, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a response on our hotel. Our downtown location is great for easy access to UK and Transylvania University, local restaurants and nightlife. The BlueFire Bar & Grill located in the lobby of the hotel serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Six large screen televisions make it the perfect place to enjoy your favorite sporting event, while enjoying Kentucky bourbon and craft beers.

We hope you will visit Lexington again soon.
Somerset, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The staff is very friendly, the hotel is very comfortable, the view is beautiful. Have stayed here many times and look forward to it each time. Its convenience to the arena makes it an ideal location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel. Being connected to Rupp Arena is certainly a benefit, especially on concert nights and for UK Basketball games. Thank you for the nice comment about our staff. We are very proud of them.

Looking forward to being of service on your next visit.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Very good value for money. Quiet, cozy rooms (good surprise for me: they have smoking-rooms at floor four, which is so rare in 21s century!), fantastic room-service, great breakfast (buffet is very good) and great location: literally next door to Rupp Arena and Lexington Convention Center.
For me it's hotel of choice in Lexington Downtown when I am there.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, smoking rooms are usually available, just ask for it during the reservation...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jeffrey W, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Being your hotel of choice in Lexington means a lot to us. We offer a variety of rooms including allergy free, smoking, and rooms furnished with amenities specifically for women travelers. Conveniently located in our lobby, the BlueFire Bar & Grill serves breakfast daily featuring a buffet many days out of the year, as well as lunch, dinner, and cocktails. Six large TV's make it the place to catch your favorite sporting event.

Thank you for your post and we await your next visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff was helpful and very courteous. The lobby and restaurant are pleasing. The bed was very comfortable! My only complaint was that the noise level was high. I could hear doors slamming late into morning. I also heard conversations in the next room.

Room Tip: Our room was on the north side, which had an excellent view of the city. As a note, you will hear a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are glad that your overall stay was good, and apologize for the noise issues that detracted from your visit. Noise is difficult to manage. We have security overnight to handle this issue when it arises. Hopefully, this will not deter you from staying with us the next time you are in Lexington.
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The employees were extremely friendly and accommodating. The room was nice/clean and the bed was really comfortable. It is also a great location to lots of restaurants, shopping, etc. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We are glad that you enjoyed your time in Lexington and our hotel. We are very proud of our staff and how they interact with our guests. Our downtown location is centrally located to the University of Kentucky and Transylvania University, with Triangle Park and the developing restaurant district close by.

We hope you will keep us in mind on your next visit to Kentucky.

Been to Hyatt Regency Lexington? Share your experiences!