“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #19 of 65 hotels in Lexington
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time at the Hyatt! The hotel was very clean, the staff was outstanding and the restaurant served an incredible breakfast buffet. This is a family friendly hotel and if given the chance, we would love to return.

• Stayed July 2013
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We appreciate the time you've spent to make us aware of your excellent experience at our hotel. Thanks for the great comments about our cleanliness and we are delighted that you and your family enjoyed our breakfast buffet.

On your next trip to Lexington, your family might consider attending a Free Fountain Film shown in Triangle Park (across from our hotel) most Fridays during the summer.

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Crestview, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Currently staying here - not happy! Walls are thin - listened to the neighbors last night for hours! Have a room on the bar/restaurant side on an upper floor - you can hear all the noise from the lower floors echo up to the roof. I can hear the coffee bar people steaming milk from here. Very disappointing for a Hyatt. If it weren't for convention connivence - I would stay somewhere else.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience. We know that everyone needs a good night sleep and we regret the lack of tranquility you experienced during your visit with us.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

A variety of dining places to choose from. A Starbucks close by (which I can see from my window). A few blocks away from the Todd house. A must for those who enjoy American history. There are other things to do, but it depends on your interest.

• Stayed August 2013
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your good review of our hotel. We are certainly located in the "heart of downtown" within easy walking distance of attractions, restaurants and nightlife. Many of our guest rooms overlook scenic Triangle Park, with beautiful fountains that are illuminated at night.

We appreciate your business and please return soon.

Gilbertsville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We spent 5 nights at the Hyatt and I would probably not stay here again. The good points, the staff go out of their way to be helpful and friendly and the location if you are going to a basket ball game, or for us a conference this trip. Otherwise the prices are higher than other hotels in the area plus you have to pay for internet $9. -14.99 a day per laptop or tablet. There is no outdoor pool and the indoor one is just ok. The restaurant is empty most of the time and we found out why. We ate breakfast there one morning, nothing special and the bill was close to $30.00. I went down and ordered 2 desserts the first night we arrived and they forgot one of them!! They were awful too. I was disappointed in the quality of this Hyatt and will stay somewhere else next trip to Lexington.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time and effort to submit a review on your experience at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the issue you experienced in our Blue Fire Grill. I will certainly follow up on your comments with our team to ensure that we improve.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I typically do not write reviews, but wanted to quickly tell others about my experience. I stayed at the Hyatt over the weekend with my two sons for a jr tennis tournament held in Lexington (Ryan Holder TT). The room was a traditional 2 double bed room in size, well decorated (clean, crisp, conservative look) with a modern desk, dresser and chair.

I'd like to congratulate the owners/manager on the positive workplace they evidently promote. I spoke with four different employees of the property, all who were pleasant, talkative and eager to assist. Maybe I had a unique experience, but this reminded me of a Disney World property (where employees also smile and genuinely seem to care). I've stayed at this hotel twice, and as a picky traveler, have had a overwhelming positive experience. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and housekeeping replaced the sheets on the 2nd day (on request).

My only complaint only impacts larger parties (families) -- the rooms only have one sink (in the bathroom), making it more cumbersome to dress and prepare in the morning -- having a vanity outside the bathroom would be ideal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the excellent review of our hotel. We will certainly share your feedback with our team and thank you for your loyalty as well.

winston-salem nc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

So I stayed here last year for a week long conference and was impressed with the hotel. I'm here now for the same conference and I'm having a completely different experience. Room not as clean (pink film on the showerhead was a red flag), absolutely no soundproofing in the rooms streetside (I had a courtyard view last year). Furnishings in the room in need of repair, over-seasoned food from room service, housekeeping neglecting to replenish toiletries. It's all adding up to one disappointing stay. I'm a Hyatt Passport member and I'm considering moving my reservation to the Hilton across the street next year. Not pleased at all!

• Stayed July 2013
I have reviewed your comments from your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for your obviously disappointing experience. We take the feedback we receive from our TripAdvisor reviews very seriously and will follow up with our team.

Please reach out to me directly and I will make every effort to make this right for you.

larry.bell@hyatt.com
Ellington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were with a large car group in June and this hotel was a wonderful venue for hosting a national conference. The check in is a bit odd, what with the individual computer station where the clerk stands to check you in but it all worked! Great local restaurants are within walking distance and there is a great coffee shop right off the lobby in the Hyatt that serves fresh Starbucks coffee 24 hours a day. The convention center and some specialty shops are connected with the hotel and it is a nice place to browse. Rooms are clean and spacious. We had only one problem--on our last night, there was a loud room next to ours and it kept me up during the night. Someone must have complained as security (I guess) from the hotel came up, knocked and told them to quiet down. It was fine after that. I did mention this in the follow up survey from Hyatt, and a manager did mention an upgrade on my next stay. Nice of them to do but I rarely stay at Hyatt and will probably never be able to use the upgrade. Would have preferred a credit on my stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a central location for touring the sights in Lexington.

Room Tip: Loved overlooking the park; we were able to see a movie being shown in the park on Friday night and...