“Right in the middle of everything!” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Lexington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
“Right in the middle of everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Great convenience! Right in middle of everywhere! Quickly wherever we need to be. Great workout facility and business center. Rooms very comfortable. Rupp arena just a few steps away!
Shops located in adjoining mall are nice and have local flavor. Great places to eat very close .

• Stayed July 2013
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you very much for the outstanding review of our hotel. We appreciate your great comments about our guest rooms, fitness center and business center. As you mention, all of the great restaurants and night clubs in downtown Lexington are a short walk from our hotel. Many of our guest rooms have a very nice view of beautiful Triangle Park.

Come back soon!

Larry Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Suffield, Oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were within easy walking distance of many great restaurants and lots of shopping. There is also a small, local mall attached to the Hyatt. The hotel itself was pretty stands, but for the price it was great. The room was clean and comfortable...also very quiet. The bathroom was very small with a cracked sink and a wobbly shower head, but the room had lots of amenities. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Again, for the price, this was a great find.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your nice comments about your recent visit to our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we invite you to return again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights earlier this month, mostly to celebrate my birthday and check out some of the KY Bourbon Trail.

Parking: It is free across the street. I drove up and the valet let me leave it there while I checked in. This was actually the best employee I encountered on my stay, waving at me as he saw me on different days.

Checkin: Average. Like others have said, it is a small checkin area. No real "welcome" or even cared to know why I was in Lexington, first time, etc (when I checked in at GH Seattle, we had a nice chat and it was clear they were interested), although they clearly didn't care it was my birthday, they smiled and were polite. No welcome amenity offered and since I was rushed because the car was out front, I just told them later points.

ROOM: I used an upgrade certificate and had the Audubon Suite. It was nice and spacious. The nightly refresh was hit or miss and although I had 2 adults listed in room, there was a single chocolate left one night only. Weird.

Lounge: None. A manager explained that they are franchise and do not see the need for it. Oh well.

Breakfast: Voucher for the buffet. It was an average buffet. Nothing special. Service was average.

BAR: We tried to get a drink the night of my birthday and even though we arrived 10 min before posted closing time, the bar manager had stated it was closed. Even when we tried to explain it was my birthday and there were plenty of patrons in the bar, it was a resounding no. I tried to get the guy's name but funny that no one at the front desk knew his name although they did admit he was the manager.

Rates: Seemed a bit high for the area and for a weekend. But using the certificate helped.

Overall a B- rating. I have stayed at other Hyatt's for special events and staff usually want to help or do something nice - not here. I did love the location as we could walk everywhere. Sunday, though, the entire area is fairly dead. If the rate was much higher, I would probably not stay there again. But, it is great for day trips and hanging around downtown!

Room Tip: Higher the better!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I have reviewed your comments about your recent visit to our hotel. Please accept my personal apology for not being more responsive and engaged with you during your stay with us.

I do want to clarify for any potential guests reading your review that your comment about a lounge refers to a Regency Club Lounge. Unfortunately there wasn't space to accommodate a club lounge when we renovated the hotel.

Finally, although I am happy that you enjoyed the suite upgrade and your experience with our valet at check in, your overall disappointment comes through. Please reach out to me so we can discuss your experience in more detail.

larry.bell@hyatt.com
Greater Cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The location is nice right in front of the Triangle Park. The hotel is connected to a somewhat odd mall. There was no one there when I was there on a Saturday night and everything was closed. The bell attendant, Richard was very cool. Some staff was unattentive. I encountered more employees with poorer service skills than good, but there were some good ones. The hotel restaurant is terrible and definitely not worth your time. It has bad service, mediocre food, and were out of a lot of things. The rooms were clean and our view of the city was pretty cool. We could see the Triangle Park from the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay with us on this website. Obviously, I can understand your disappointment with the experience you had. I would like to think it isn't typical of our usual service.

Please reach out to me and I will make it right for you.

larry.bell@hyatt.com
Somerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Walking distance to downtown Lexington, great buffet breakfast included with our meeting, comfortable bed, accommodating staff, adjacent to convention center facility, airport shuttle available with very polite drivers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wendy, thank you very much for your great review of our hotel. We are delighted that you were pleased with your guestroom, our convenience to the Lexington Convention Center and our location which is walkable to nearly all of downtown.

Please return soon!

Brandenburg, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here one night for a conference that was being held in the hotel. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I did have a problem with the internet, I had to pay $10 for 24 hours of internet that was slow and not very dependable as it kept disconnecting.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your business and for taking time to review our hotel on this site. We do appreciate the nice comments about the guestroom cleanliness. Please accept my apology for the difficulty you had with our WiFi service. We will certainly look into it.

We hope you return again soon.

Bremen, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were in town for our daughter's college graduation from Transylvania University. It was not our first stay at the property. The hotel once again met our expectations of what a Hyatt property should be. The only complaint I do have is the mattresses....very soft... The location is fantastic in Lexington for any downtown event you want to attend and not have to worry with parking. We were only 3 blocks from the University. The hotel also allowed us to have a late check out the next day so that we would not have to load our luggage before early morning graduation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel on Tripadvisor. We do appreciate your visit and want to send our congratulations on the graduation of your daughter.

By the way, not only are we steps away from Transylvania University's campus, but also just a short walk from the University of Kentucky.

Larry Bell

Been to Hyatt Regency Lexington? Share your experiences!