“Absolutely disgusting” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 68 Hotels in Lexington
Madison
“Absolutely disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

Where to start? Icy road conditions made us pull off the Interstate at 5PM.

Check-in: clerk asked for no drivers license, just name and zip code. Should have been our first clue. 49.99. Payed cash. Room 108.

Strip Club across the street that reverberated bass into room. Black mold peeking out from under the bathtub mat. Bathroom door would not shut. Brown stains (absolutly disgusting) on bathroom wall across from toilet. Bare drywall where popcorn texture had fallen off ceiling in corner above shower. Dresser drawers coated in dried pepsi looking liquid. A piece of green candy stuck on the floor that the maid's vacuum obviously missed. Carpet had holes. See-thru blankets and yellow pillows.

I am not kidding! .Luckily we had a blanket to lay on top of the bed, and a sleeping bag for a cover. Left room at 10PM with a serious case of the heeby-jeebies.

Absolutely the worst hotel we've ever stayed at. Econo-lodge should be ashamed to put their name on this property.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The overall filth and dirty feeling we left with
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

Not only is this Hotel next to the "Gentlemen's Club" which really should have been our first clue to run, but the hotel deskclerk didn't know what she was doing. I had reserved a room for 3 nights and after about 15 mins of arguing with the deskclerk that I did reserve 3 nights and not 1 or 2 I went out to my car and brought in my printed reservation receipt. Thank God I printed that out when I made the reservation. This hotel needs major renovations. The door was not sealed at all, could see daylight around the entire door and feel air coming in. The towels were very thin but at least they were changed daily. The so called pool was actually in the hotel down the hill, a sister hotel. The light over the sink was extremely dim, the light switch for the bathroom was around the corner from the bathroom instead of inside or right outside of it. The TV had a cracked lower corner, like it had been dropped. Housekeeping was bad, a dead spider laid on the floor in the bathroom for days. The beds were uncomfortable, and headboards were scratched badly. There are numerous reasons I would not stay here again.

• Liked — The day I left and went to a better Hotel
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
louisville, ky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

I used a reward night to visit my son at UK and go to Keeneland and didn't expect much. I did not expect to have to hold my breath and wonder if I should sleep on top of the covers. It was basically clean but so dated and worn that if I had had to pay, I would really be upset.

• Liked — Only that it was in the town that I wanted to be in
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2006

The check in should have been a big enough clue to look elsewhere. I asked for a specific rate and was told that was my rate. There was no way of knowing if these desk workers were holding the place up or actually working...no identifications at all. I proceed with the room at the rate requested 49.99 (which is the absolute most you should pay here...) When I got my receipt, the price that I asked for and signed for on my credit card was different. I questioned this and was told the rate was what my card was charged????? The next day I ask for a receipt as I am checking out...thank God...and the receipt had a third price on it...??? I ask...and the guy could not tell me why? I have not yet checked my bank card to see how much I paid...but do beware of this at this dumptel. The room was OK...had been renovated...but was still cheap.
The property is close to an interstate exit and a Gentelman's club. Maybe that explains the swankyness of the place.

• Liked — close to interstate
  • Disliked — the front desk experience
  • Tips/Secrets — don't pay too much here...
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!