“Eftman” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 66 Hotels in Lexington
Crestview Hills, Kentucky, United States
“Eftman”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The receptionist was friendly and helpful. Otherwise, the place had virtually nothing positive about it. My room was rather worn and scummy in a few places, though it did have a working microwave and refrigerator. The parking lot looked as if it had recently been used as a bombing range. The bathroom was reasonably clean, but needed some cosmetic repairs. The "continental" breakfast might better have been called "barely a breakfast". I stayed here only because available rooms in Lexington were very scare on the Saturday night I was there. Fortunately, it's located just off I-75 so I was able to make a quick getaway Sunday morning!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This place is a dump, and is probably on its way to being condemned. The door to our room had obviously been kicked in several times; the secondary lock was ripped off and the door barely closed all the way. The room had a nasty odor. Bedding had old stains. The remote for the tv didn't work, and it was sitting so low on the dresser that we got neck strain. Went to take a shower in the morning, and the hot water lasted for maybe 1 minute. Told the manager how bad it was, but he didn't seem too concerned. Avoid this fleabag!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

First of all, it was 10 p.m. when we got here and there were no lights on the stairs to the 2nd floor. The first room we got didn't have a microwave but had a fridge which we needed. There was no remote control for the TV. Went to the office, got a remote. Then found out the TV didn't even work. The office gave us a different room with no fridge, no microwave but had a remote and a TV that worked. Our non-smoking room had no smokey odors in it, that was good. OK...Next. The floor in front of the vanity was spongy and made a noise when we stepped on it like it was caving in. We hoped we didn't fall through to the 1st floor and avoided that section of floor. The continental breakfast consisted of white bread, jelly, 3 cereals, milk, and a box of sweet rolls. I think the housekeepers do a good job with what they've got here. The towels were white and clean and the sheets looked like they had just been put on the beds. We stayed here because we had a truck with a trailer and the parking lot was bigger than many hotels. This Econolodge may have been nice in a third world country but here in the U.S. it was pretty bad. I'm surprised that Choice Hotels allows this type of motel to have their name associated with it. For the low quality of this motel, I think the price was actually high. I would have expected this to be a $39 room instead of $59. I guess you get what you pay for but we also stayed at the Econolodge in Fletcher, N.C for about the same price and it was much better maintained and it also had a large vacant parking lot for our truck and trailer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lansing, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Staff was friendly. Breakfast was not fit to eat. Door to room looked like it had been beaten in several times. Large window in room was broken. No microwave or refrigerator in the room. Floor near the bathroom had started to bubble up under the carpet. No clock in the room, burn holes in the bed linens. Shows a pool in the hotel listing, but no pool. Cross this one off your list.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

first off you are looking at an econo lodge. I read the reviews of this place and got scared. really scared! i had to stay in town for 2 weeks and i had enough points to get the room for free for 2 weeks. This property is old. i will give anyone that. All the garbage people put in their reviews are ridiculous. First off, yes there is a strip club across the street, I am not sure if its open or closed, didnt even cross my mind that it was even there. There are 5 other hotels right there that obviously share the same burden of being next to a strip club. gas station is right next door(10 feet away) if you need anything. The hotel is old as I said, Obviously privately owned not having huge corporate budgets remodeling it all the time. But who cares, the most important to me was " IT WAS EXTREMELY CLEAN" cleaned daily and yes i did tricks to verify, very quiet, very friendly staff. Any issue I had they accommodated. Such as I needed an iron, they provided it as needed, those other reviewers probably stole them which is why you have to ask for one. This was very inexpensive, quiet, clean, and local to the highway. All things vitaly important for what I needed for 2 weeks. I would recommend this to anyone and suggest that the other reviews are very bogus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TECUMSEH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The ceiling was falling down and had been repaired many times and painted over in many areas. The continental breakfast was worst I had ever seen. One ice machine and no vending machines. Carpet was filthy. TV outdated.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the econo lodge due to family issues I really wish I had taken time to read reviews. The price was ok but when I got to the room I settled in and begin looking around within 10 mins my socks were dirty from the carpet and as I turned back the bed covers I was greeted with sheets that had cigarette burns in them and the pillow cases were a weird stain of yellow. I inspected the bathrrom where I found a used condom in the tub and the wrapper in the trash can. I called the front desk to complain but was told by the desk clerk that she was not authorized to refund $$ or switch rooms so I stayed and slept at the computer desk in a chair. The next morning I spoke to the mgr he said he was mgr. He informed me that since I had occupied the room all night no refund was available. So steer clear of this hotel it's dirty, sleazy, ripoff

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!